June 9 test act
June 9 Background
Jun 17 schedule test
July 4th test pass
Oct 9 probh phy prese language skills completed
Updated oct 10th
Waiting for oath
Trip booker for nove 22
Does anyone know how long for citizenship oath after above completed? Also do we get email or check by login for oath? Is it still online oath or physical presence?
We had been waiting since July 14 for the oath date. Got the update this morning! Some get it within days, others months!
better check online everyday as the email for oath will be sent just several days before the oath! Ours will be on November 8.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Oct 4th apply online
Aor dec 21
June 9 test act
June 9 Background
Jun 17 schedule test
July 4th test pass
Oct 9 probh phy prese language skills completed
Updated oct 10th
Waiting for oath
Trip booker for nove 22
Does anyone know how long for citizenship oath after above completed? Also do we get email or check by login for oath? Is it still online oath or physical presence?
Login tomorrow or day after for the oath update. That seems to be the pattern recently. And from the trend, expect oath dates in Nov first week.

Reactions: smansuri97

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
But nothing has happened in my case with background check. Sometimes I think that might be a technical glitch. But I can’t say. As a matter of fact no one can say how to citizenship processing is done.
Test and fp completed June, fp received July 21, no update since- everything apart from test in progress. No response to gcms request (privacy act). It’s certainly frustrating. Returned early from trip in anticipation of oath but could be waiting the whole winter...

My analysis is that online applications in late September with anything out of the ordinary (travel during processing, self employment etc) could automatically kick the file down the road until or unless someone happens to open it and take action. Some say gcms or email for a status update could trigger this, but that sounds disorganised and unfair.
Perhaps there's no method to the madness. Why does it take months for PR but years for citizenship, when there's usually much more processing involved with PR?

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Test and fp completed June, fp received July 21, no update since- everything apart from test in progress. No response to gcms request (privacy act). It’s certainly frustrating. Returned early from trip in anticipation of oath but could be waiting the whole winter...

My analysis is that online applications in late September with anything out of the ordinary (travel during processing, self employment etc) could automatically kick the file down the road until or unless someone happens to open it and take action. Some say gcms or email for a status update could trigger this, but that sounds disorganised and unfair.
Perhaps there's no method to the madness. Why does it take months for PR but years for citizenship, when there's usually much more processing involved with PR?
With all due respect, it doesn’t seem to be true what you mentioned in your post. As long as the conditions are fulfilled to be eligible for citizenship, there is no problem. Yes processing office can be a factor (depending on the location of the office in the big city or residence of the applicant in the big city). And yeah, don’t forget that the backlog condition of each office differs.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
With all due respect, it doesn’t seem to be true what you mentioned in your post. As long as the conditions are fulfilled to be eligible for citizenship, there is no problem. Yes processing office can be a factor (depending on the location of the office in the big city or residence of the applicant in the big city). And yeah, don’t forget that the backlog condition of each office differs.
How does that explain months of difference between applications at the same office? Where is the transparency in the process? It's not like they clearly outline their internal processing parameters such as first come first serve, so and so situation means a delay for so many months.

There is ample evidence from the forums that some kind of enquiry that causes the file to be opened can often lead to a speedier result. Ive read that if an officer sees that something is pending for a later date but the file has been opened, they are obliged to act on it there and then. There's one chap who made gcms applications every two weeks and saw regular updates. Doesn't this sound unusual? It seems to me that anything out of the ordinary that requires a further review causes the file to be pushed to the back of the queue- or until something (such as a status enquiry) causes it to come in front of an officer, who can act on it or kick it back down the queue, depending on how difficult it seems in their eyes to process.

This is unlike the PR experience, which is time sensitive and where even relatively complex files are processed to the same time standard.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
How does that explain months of difference between applications at the same office? Where is the transparency in the process? It's not like they clearly outline their internal processing parameters such as first come first serve, so and so situation means a delay for so many months.

There is ample evidence from the forums that some kind of enquiry that causes the file to be opened can often lead to a speedier result. Ive read that if an officer sees that something is pending for a later date but the file has been opened, they are obliged to act on it there and then. There's one chap who made gcms applications every two weeks and saw regular updates. Doesn't this sound unusual?
I agree. But I know people who are self employed and frequently travelled outside Canada, both paper and online. They got everything done within 12-17 months.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I agree. But I know people who are self employed and frequently travelled outside Canada, both paper and online. They got everything done within 12-17 months.
So what accounts for the often large difference in processing times? Luck? If it is easy to process self employed and travel- which is the only difference between my friend and I who applied on the same date, from the same address, how is it that they became a citizen months ago and I haven’t got any updates?
And It’s clearly not first come first serve as many October applicants are getting oath before September. It’s unlike the PR experience where they work to a fixed timescale.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
So what accounts for the often large difference in processing times? Luck? If it is easy to process self employed and travel- which is the only difference between my friend and I who applied on the same date, from the same address, how is it that they became a citizen months ago and I haven’t got any updates?
And It’s clearly not first come first serve as many October applicants are getting oath before September. It’s unlike the PR experience where they work to a fixed timescale.
I know. In my case only test is completed (check my signature). Its very frustrating. You are in a better position than me. I would suggest try requesting notes under Access to Information (heard privacy notes are getting delayed)

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hello, I had my virtual interview on sept 28th (since I gave the test outside of Canada)
My all statuses were moved to complete the same day. Any idea on how long it takes from here on to get the oath invite?
Any insights would be helpful.
Hello, I have a similar situation as you and gave the test from outside canada. How long it took them to specify an interview for you after the test?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I know. In my case only test is completed (check my signature). Its very frustrating. You are in a better position than me. I would suggest try requesting notes under Access to Information (heard privacy notes are getting delayed)
Not everyone gets a fp request. If you haven’t had one, it’s a good thing- one fewer thing to process.

Technically the privacy act (free) relates to personal information and access to information ($5), to publicly relevant info. Privacy act requests seem to go into a black hole-
It is clearly a money making scheme!

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Not everyone gets a fp request. If you haven’t had one, it’s a good thing- one fewer thing to process.

Technically the privacy act (free) relates to personal information and access to information ($5), to publicly relevant info. Privacy act requests seem to go into a black hole-
It is clearly a money making scheme!
I agree but my background check is still in progress. Most of the people I read about on the forum have background check completed before or during test window. If not, then either fingerprints are requested or Security part is in progress (which I heard usually takes time compared to Criminality part, don't know but that what I read and heard). I really hope that things get better.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Does taking the test outside Canada result in an interview? What do they ask?
Most likely.. My wife took test outside canada and her status changed to complete and back to in progress, after like 2 months they asked her to attend interview.

Interview is like 5 mins. Few generic questions. Like where are you now currently - when did you come back to canada. - did you work or study since you came to canada. thats all.