September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi all,
I have a question regarding traveling out of the country for about a month. I have completed the test and now waiting for Language skills, Physical presence, and Prohibitions to be cleared. No oath has been scheduled for now. Do I need to update IRCC about my travel plans? If I need to then how should I do so? Anyone, please let me know.
Thanks

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hi all,
I have a question regarding traveling out of the country for about a month. I have completed the test and now waiting for Language skills, Physical presence, and Prohibitions to be cleared. No oath has been scheduled for now. Do I need to update IRCC about my travel plans? If I need to then how should I do so? Anyone, please let me know.
Thanks
Even if you update them, they will take about two to three months to read your notice for them. I have many friend got the ceremoney invitation a week or two after they flew outside Canada. One of them got it with very short notice (6 days) and it was two days before she was supposed to fly back. She had to pay 3000 $ to change her flight and had her ceremoney in the connection airport.

It's so bad to be waiting with no specific time frame. I want to fly too but I can't plan it until I hear back from IRCC

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018

kaspersky1

Jul 25, 2015
Hi everyone,
Is there certain information people are selecting to get into the Ecas system? I usually check my updates on the usual tracker- but despite all my attempts to check my file on Ecas- it always returns that they are unable to verify me. Just wondered if there is certain details folks are entering.

Also- all my statuses changed to completed on Jul 27 and I had a ghost update on Aug 5 however no oath activity yet. Application on tracker still says ‘in progress’
TIA

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
Is there certain information people are selecting to get into the Ecas system? I usually check my updates on the usual tracker- but despite all my attempts to check my file on Ecas- it always returns that they are unable to verify me. Just wondered if there is certain details folks are entering.

Also- all my statuses changed to completed on Jul 27 and I had a ghost update on Aug 5 however no oath activity yet. Application on tracker still says ‘in progress’
TIA
Is your's a paper or online application?

Reactions: favbless

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I am expecting to get my Oath ceremony invite soon.
Due to work, I have to move to a different city for few weeks.

Can family members take Oath separately from different cities? family of three was filed together.

Rosa Rose

Jun 21, 2017
Application filed- 21 Sep 2021
BG - 27 May 2022
Citizenship test scheduled- 16 Jun 2022
Citizenship updated- 21 June 2022
Citizenship ceremony- Not started
The rest- In progress

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello,

Can I know what is processing office is? I applied from Halifax NS but my home address is from Saint John NB.
There are two offices where citizenship application is being processed.

1) Primary Office : Primary Office is always Sydney, Nova Scotia, where all the citizenship applications are submitted.

2) Secondary Office : Once the AOR is generated and sent to the applicants, the application is forwarded to the Secondary Office, Based on the theories from the forum, the secondary office is responsible for holding test and oath ceremonies. Earlier, the Secondary Office was determined on the basis of the location of the applicant (in other words the place where the applicant is residing) as it would be easy for the applicant to visit the centre for the test or the venue for oath ceremony because both the test and oath were in person. Now keeping in mind the different backlog scenarios in different offices, the applications can be forwarded to any processing office (anywhere in Canada) which has a relatively handled backlog situation, irrespective of the location of the applicant, mainly because nowadays citizenship tests and oath ceremonies are held online rather than in person.

Someone shared in the forum, in July 2022 Citizenship Application Thread, that the Primary Office (Sydney, Nova Scotia) checks whether the application is complete or not. Even after forwarding the application to the Secondary Office, the Primary Office handles the elements of Prohibitions, Language, Physical Presence and Background Check.

Sharing the link of July 2022 Thread specifically discussing the role of primary and secondary office

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2022-citizenship-applications.771789/page-5

Hope this helps
Regards