Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
-
Thank you! I assume the ceremony is in person since you are talking about seat numbers..
Nope! Even on virtual ceremony you are assigned with seat number. One can opt for in person but then you have to reply that email and they will cancel this for you and you have to wait longer for in person one

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
So I know no one can answer this for sure but just want to get your thoughts. I'm thinking about vacation plans in December, what are the odds I have my Canadian passport by then ( assuming I can expedite the passport part by showing tickets and travel plans)? My last update was June 15th with test passed and my background check is also done (AoR was December 14 or so)

Any guesses anyone?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So I know no one can answer this for sure but just want to get your thoughts. I'm thinking about vacation plans in December, what are the odds I have my Canadian passport by then ( assuming I can expedite the passport part by showing tickets and travel plans)? My last update was June 15th with test passed and my background check is also done (AoR was December 14 or so)

Any guesses anyone?
I wouldn't do a December vacation if I was you. Canadian passport used to take about 1 year from AOR even pre covid. Even after the oath ceremony there can be significant delays in receiving the citizenship certificate. If you had oath scheduled by now (lets say with a date in mid to late sept), I would have suggested to take vacation in December with your Canadian passport. For now its a little tight to say the least.

Reactions: Baharm

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
I wouldn't do a December vacation if I was you. Canadian passport used to take about 1 year from AOR even pre covid. Even after the oath ceremony there can be significant delays in receiving the citizenship certificate. If you had oath scheduled by now (lets say with a date in mid to late sept), I would have suggested to take vacation in December with your Canadian passport. For now its a little tight to say the least.

Any guesses anyone?
if you go to Passport service centre rather than mailing them, you can get the passport back in 2 weeks without any expedition. I just applied for my son last week and I'm getting the passport next week. Wait time was just 1 hour at the centre.

This is in NB. not sure how its in other provinces now.

Reactions: Baharm

sujiz

Oct 21, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-09-2017
AOR Received.
09-09-2017
Hi All,

When I check the application status in the portal it says the Oath Ceremony is on September 15th for both me and my wife. Though updated on the portal on the 10th this month (Aug), yet to get an email. Also, we have not yet been successful registering and being able to check the status for the kids. Is that normal?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi All,

When I check the application status in the portal it says the Oath Ceremony is on September 15th for both me and my wife. Though updated on the portal on the 10th this month (Aug), yet to get an email. Also, we have not yet been successful registering and being able to check the status for the kids. Is that normal?
The email with the details usually comes in the week of the oath, and sometimes even just 24 hours before oath.

Reactions: sujiz

sujiz

Oct 21, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-09-2017
AOR Received.
09-09-2017
The email with the details usually comes in the week of the oath, and sometimes even just 24 hours before oath.
That’s interesting Also, we have not yet been successful registering and being able to check the status for the kids. Is that normal? Or do we have to chase the CIC? Once I called they said they don’t see any issue on their side and the profile looks good and active.

JC0724

Nov 26, 2015
Finally seeing the update of Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions completed. But always showing the message on CAS,I did reply to declare the absences on July 20 with autoreply from IRCC for confirmation.

-------------------------------------------
Send us additional information

Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.
-------------------------------------------
Shall I be worry? My timeline is as below.
Application type: Online
Physical presence:1125 days
Application: Married
Application sent: Sept 2, 2021
Application received: Sept 2, 2021
AOR: Nov 24, 2021
Additional information required: Nov 24, 2021
Fingerprints required: Apr 11, 2022
Background complete: May 10, 2022
Test Invite ( on Tracker ) : May 31, 2022
Test Window : June 3 - June 26
Test Taken - June 23
Test updated to Complete on Tracker - June 23
Additional information- passport copy required: June 30, 2022
Additional information- declare the absences: July 20, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions completed July 27, 2022
Citizenship ceremony not started

Reactions: Seedorf_20

jarenden1020

Jun 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
Exactly 4 months after test and last update to our application, there is new update today,
All- completed except Oath
Ecas decision made.

Timeline
Paper app
Applicants- 2 adult
September 13 app
Dec-5 application received
January 12- Started
February- BGC completed
April 12-test completed
August 12-all completed except oath
WAITING FOR OATH❤

jarenden1020

Jun 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
Exactly 4 months after test and last update to our application, there is new update today,
All- completed except Oath
Ecas decision made.

Timeline
Paper app
Applicants- 2 adult
September 13 app
Dec-5 application received
January 12- Started
February- BGC completed
April 12-test completed
August 12-all completed except oath
WAITING FOR OATH❤