+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
It depends. I requested for UP when I applied due to my Job requirement as I had to travel US for work and US embassies are processing very less non immigrant visas since Covid and I applied for my B1/B2 in Aug 2020 when my earlier expired but CIC didnot bother that and for me its going to be one year in Sep. UP cases normally dealt within 6 months if its approved and IRCC helpline doesnot know if you call them its approved or not
I see, I was considering calling the helpline. But if even they don't know... Maybe, an ATIP request would contain the information.
In my case, I only requested urgent processing now as I initially thought I don't really have a case as my special authorization was still valid a year at the time of my application. At that time the average processing time was supposed to be a year.

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
4 months since I passed the exam. Still waiting for some updates from my local office.

I wish IRCC streamlines the processing and handles the case loads based on AOR date rather than local region. Its absolutely not fair where people from particular regions are waiting from early 2022 but decisions are being made for late 2022 Applicants from some of the fast processing IRCC offices . And this should be irrespective of online / paper.

I have made up my mind to wait for 27 months lol.

amitgoyal_ec

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Doc's Request.
Birth Certificate (Never received any communication)
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
My file got updated today and everything is set to complete except Oath Ceremony (Not Started) & Citizenship Application Process : In Progress.

Does the Citizenship Application Process status is to be changed to "Decision made" before Oath Ceremony Request?

Raj_Bangalore

Feb 20, 2017
Can anyone please tell me if Language Skills Activity, Physical Presence Activity, and Prohibitions Activity are added under Application History as "In Progress" instead of "Completed" what does it mean?

Reactions: ROCK ON

ash0512

Feb 23, 2018
Citizenship Application:
Application type: Online
Application sent: Sept 19, 2021
AOR: Dec 01, 2021
Background Completed: May 18, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: June 16, 2022
Citizenship Test updated to Completed: June 17, 2022

Background check and test completed. Oath ceremony not started yet. Everything else in progress. (Scarborough office)

Waiting patiently. The IRCC official said they are finalizing my application but can't give a timeline and need nothing from me.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Can anyone please tell me if Language Skills Activity, Physical Presence Activity, and Prohibitions Activity are added under Application History as "In Progress" instead of "Completed" what does it mean?
Did you call IRCC ? You can get to know from there only

Regards

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Citizenship Application:
Application type: Online
Application sent: Sept 19, 2021
AOR: Dec 01, 2021
Background Completed: May 18, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: June 16, 2022
Citizenship Test updated to Completed: June 17, 2022

Background check and test completed. Oath ceremony not started yet. Everything else in progress. (Scarborough office)

Waiting patiently. The IRCC official said they are finalizing my application but can't give a timeline and need nothing from me.
Wow. Here only test is completed. Everything else in progress (except oath).

Keep sharing updates

Regards