Oct 16, 2019
Citizenship Application:
Application type: Online
Application sent: Sept 19, 2021
AOR: Dec 01, 2021
Background Completed: May 18, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: June 16, 2022
Citizenship Test updated to Completed: June 17, 2022

Background check and test completed. Oath ceremony not started yet. Everything else in progress. (Scarborough office)

Waiting patiently. The IRCC official said they are finalizing my application but can't give a timeline and need nothing from me.
Could you share the number you called? And what information did you have to give (UCI and application number or anything else).

ash0512

Feb 23, 2018
Could you share the number you called? And what information did you have to give (UCI and application number or anything else).
I called 1-888 242-2100. Yea they ask for UCI and some other personal information maybe application no. I had called twice. First time the lady said we don't have any updates. So I tried again and second time the lady was nice and said they are finalizing my application and don't need anything form me but can't give a time line. So it depends if the person is nice enough to give some information.

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
I called 1-888 242-2100. Yea they ask for UCI and some other personal information maybe application no. I had called twice. First time the lady said we don't have any updates. So I tried again and second time the lady was nice and said they are finalizing my application and don't need anything form me but can't give a time line. So it depends if the person is nice enough to give some information.
Cool. Thanks. Will try giving them a call. Test and background check completed since May 03. No movement after that. Scarborough office and online applicant.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I know right. Same for me, god that rep got me so mad she didn’t even want to open my file, she asked me if I got online access I said yes and she said then that’s it go online check it, they got the same information and hung up.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I know right. Same for me, god that rep got me so mad she didn’t even want to open my file, she asked me if I got online access I said yes and she said then that’s it go online check it, they got the same information and hung up.
In my opinion if there is any change on the tracker, thats the best time to call IRCC. Otherwise it like running in circles and reaching nowhere.

Regards

Reactions: thuong

ash0512

Feb 23, 2018
Yes I would try again to see if someone else is nice enough to give more information.. Also I told them I might be travelling In August so I need to know if I should I travel or not which is actually a fact.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Wow. Here only test is completed. Everything else in progress (except oath).

Keep sharing updates

Regards
In general, background check completed first and then they send test invitation. But in your case, background check is still in progress and you got the test invitation. Did you contact IRCC regarding this?

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
In general, background check completed first and then they send test invitation. But in your case, background check is still in progress and you got the test invitation. Did you contact IRCC regarding this?
Yes i called IRCC. They said that the security part of the background check is done (the criminality part is in progress, this includes fingerprints, if requested). They always say that everything is fine and they are working on it. And the standard 27 month processing time and all that. Its so frustrating.

Reactions: Farah2018

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
There are a lot of applicants like me who have test “completed” and everything else “in progress” .

Regards

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
That’s not always the case. My friend got the test done first and 3 weeks later background check updated as completed. And 1.5 months later everything else is completed. And even in my case my background check is still in process. According to her timeline, I think after the test completed, you will hear another update in around 2 months (2 months and 10 days for my friend) and 2 weeks after is the oat invitation. Scarborough office.

Reactions: ROCK ON

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
My test was updated as “completed” on Jun 6, I’m expecting something new around middle of August and the end of August for Oath invitation. Hopefully that will be the case. Will keep you all posted. I know waiting is frustrating.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
My test was updated as “completed” on Jun 6, I’m expecting something new around middle of August and the end of August for Oath invitation. Hopefully that will be the case. Will keep you all posted. I know waiting is frustrating.
I gave test on June 10, and it was marked completed on June 15. Hope to see updates around the same time like you .

Regards