+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Let’s update in the thread if any of us gets a response.
I was able to get hold of an agent who informed me that my ceremony is scheduled on Dec 6, 2022.
She said that they usually send out the formal invitation email 1-2 weeks before the ceremony. This is the reason that an email is not send yet.

I hope its the same case with everyone who received an update on nov 3. However, please call IRCC to double-check.
Good Luck everyone

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
I was able to get hold of an agent who informed me that my ceremony is scheduled on Dec 6, 2022.
She said that they usually send out the formal invitation email 1-2 weeks before the ceremony. This is the reason that an email is not send yet.

I hope its the same case with everyone who received an update on nov 3. However, please call IRCC to double-check.
Good Luck everyone
That’s great news, is your office Vancouver too ? And did the tracker update with the new date ?

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
That’s great news, is your office Vancouver too ? And did the tracker update with the new date ?
My office is Vancouver. They didn't update the online tracker, but the IRCC agent told me that she can see that my ceremony date is Dec 6. She even told me time and type of ceremony. She said that they usually send email invitation 1-2 wks before the ceremony date.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018

Good Luck everyone
Thanks

Rz21

Oct 19, 2022
My citizenship application status tracker for the past couple of days isn’t working all of a sudden, after entering the correct UCI & Password it goes to next loading page and the loading spinning wheels keep loading.

Anyone facing same issue with their tracker recently?

It was working after the Oct 13th update to tracker website.....this is only happening just from past couple of days.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
My office is Vancouver. They didn't update the online tracker, but the IRCC agent told me that she can see that my ceremony date is Dec 6. She even told me time and type of ceremony. She said that they usually send email invitation 1-2 wks before the ceremony date.
Thanks, I was not able to reach them yesterday.. Will try again today.. Also, did your tracker update with the new date today ?

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016

Good Luck everyone
I called IRCC and mine is the same date, they told me over the phone its going to be a virtual ceremony and the email for the same should be sent 10 days before the date

Reactions: onkar112

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Anyone trying to contact IRCC, follow these instructions.

"I use this number 1-888-242-2100
After entering your UCI and confirming it. You can press 340 without waiting for the message after one or two trials, it will let you through "

Quoting directly from another message in this thread. Thanks to @HVAC_Controls
I am really glad you were able to reach out to them. Thier wait time doesn't exceed 10-15 minutes and you can get call back option as well

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
My citizenship application status tracker for the past couple of days isn’t working all of a sudden, after entering the correct UCI & Password it goes to next loading page and the loading spinning wheels keep loading.

Anyone facing same issue with their tracker recently?

It was working after the Oct 13th update to tracker website.....this is only happening just from past couple of days.
It happened to me few days before oath and started working fine the next day after oath.

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
Hi, me again! the one with a newborn who didn't get the test invitation email back in June and had to reschedule months later for the end of September. My tracker was updated today with everything marked complete except the citizenship ceremony. Could you please remind me what to expect next and the timeline? I will be watching my emails and tracker like a Hawk! many thanks.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I understand the cynical view point but many times it's just the inefficiency. Are there some individuals within IRCC trying to enforce their personal beliefs? Yes, like any other organization.

But if you take the Jan-Mar 2022 spreadsheets and filter by online applications you can see how much BG/test related work has been done between September and October. Also if you follow the inidividual oath updates from 2021 backlogged applicants posted in various threads, you can see a lot of them have been forwarded to other locations with capacity for oath.

If you go through some of the ATIP responses I see them trying hard. For instance, they have been trying things like adding 380 or so people in one zoom call and conducting a oath event to find out the maximum limit of people they can accommodate per event without the entire event being thrown into chaos.

It's not perfect and they sometimes bite more than they can chew with their immigration targets - which I think they're doing to make up for the previous government's policies and the world economy is rapidly moving from hardware/physical things to more technology and service based.

If you compare it with more efficient systems, it also means the applicant will lose some capabilities they currently have. For instance, there are a lot of posts I see where applications are incomplete or details are missed out. If things should be more efficient, they should disallow all these updates once the application is submitted. Unless IRCC comes back and asks for more information the application won't be able to provide additional info. My guess is a lot of those applications currently eat up more and more time. Also rescheduling. Systems more efficient than IRCC don't allow this much rescheduing. I think a lot of resources are wasted in that. I understand people have important business. But when you have a more compassionate system, it will more chaotic and overall times will increase for everyone. They have to freeze the application and stop accepting changes at some point to be able to make a quick decision. If documents/rescheduling requests keep coming in, they're going to be dealing with clerical stuff all the time. But I think tehy don't want to deny people because of clerical issues as well they don't want people to lose 600 bucks.

Not to mention COVID. I think the entire system froze up because it was all paper at the time and Canada had far more restrictive approach to managing COVID than many others in terms of puclic gathering/ceremonies etc. But the online testing solution and zoom oath are pretty good. But I have a lingering suspicion a lot of delay in 2020 applications were because of physically misplaced packages that were not handled properly at the intake and it continues to cause problems for everyone to this day. I think they should've cleared everything upto 2020 as much as possible before they started working on 2021. I don't think that situation was handled properly.

Also I think the inter-office coordination/fworkload sharing could be better but they're taking the right steps. We'll see.

imo citizenship processing is going in the right direction at least at the moment but the results have yet to be seen.
I appreciate that IIRC are trying their best, given their resource limitation. And efficiency improvements can only go so far- clearly greater resources are required (staff/offices/Better computers/whatever).

However this isn't a new issue, there have been complaints about the slowness of citizenship applications for many years but successive governments have failed to allocate greater resources towards this. Meanwhile, new resources are being allocated to process student and PR applications in record time. Thus the delay being a political choice.

The pertinent question however is, why are some applications taking so much longer than others, at the same office- for no apparent reason that can be identified by the data. If it was just a general backlog, everyone would be seeing a 25 month processing time- but this isn't so.

What is causing certain applications to be delayed? Are files being randomly chosen for advanced review? The mood of the officer on any given day?

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
[QUOTE
="ROCK ON, post: 10260311, member: 1058306"]
Yes you are right.
[/QUOTE]

Finally got my GCMS notes after 5 months.
What are the due dates for the various sections on your notes? Mine are dated around 12 months after aor, so perhaps something will happen by December?
Also, you mentioned that you have security complete but security is pending. Does your GCMS say security not started, or is security blanked out?

I read somewhere that if security is blanked out under section 15/21, it means it's done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON