+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sharpie87

Sep 9, 2022
When did you last receive GCMS notes? If they were dated before the date when you had everything besides oath moved to Completed, you should order them again to see what other comments might have been added.

Hmm, EE PRs have the least number of restrictions. I wonder if they are confirming that you met the eligibility requirements for CEC?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html
but the "conditions placed at the time of permanent residence" suggest more what might have happened after you landed.

Did you ever live in Quebec? Or land in Quebec? The only condition, besides the residency obligation, for EE FSW or CEC PRs is not to live in Quebec, and that is not always enforced and is also a gray area.
I asked for GCMS notes, but they replied by just a comment. I have again asked for it.
I was inland in Canada, i just crossed the border at Windsor,Ontario to record landing again, no I haven't lived in Quebec!

let see the the notes and I will post and update!

Thank you @trumprefugee

Reactions: trumprefugee

ChrisFred

Apr 2, 2015
Winnipeg
Anybody in same situation?
All completed since July 14
Decision made on ECAS
Still waiting for oath date
Winnipeg office, family of 4, paper application in French.

SJR_Spencer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody in same situation?
All completed since July 14
Decision made on ECAS
Still waiting for oath date
Winnipeg office, family of 4, paper application in French.
Very similar for me. All checks were completed as of Jul 21 2022. Waiting for oath date and 'Decision Made' on ECAS. Family of 3 from Ajax, Ontario.

Reactions: ChrisFred

talk001

Oct 22, 2016
Reactions: HVAC_Controls

rtln87

Sep 22, 2022
This process is pretty irregular...It is annoying to see that 2022 applicants on the tracker already had oath ceremony, and here we are Sept 2021 still waiting. I have friends who applied after me moving faster as well...

I was requested passport copy, sent it 5 days later after translating all stamps... it's been 15 days without no response....

So, I sent it again.. not sure if that will annoy them, does anybody have an idea? Lol

Does anyone knows how long it takes after sending passport copy for them to respond?

Thanks guys!

Online Citizenship Application Submitted: September 11, 2021
AOR: November 26, 2021
BG Completed: April 14, 2021
Test Invite: April 22, 2022
Test Completed: May 23, 2022
Passport Copy - Request Letter: September 2, 2022
Passport Copy Sent - September 7, 2022
Everything else In Progress

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
This process is pretty irregular...It is annoying to see that 2022 applicants on the tracker already had oath ceremony, and here we are Sept 2021 still waiting. I have friends who applied after me moving faster as well...

I was requested passport copy, sent it 5 days later after translating all stamps... it's been 15 days without no response....

So, I sent it again.. not sure if that will annoy them, does anybody have an idea? Lol

Does anyone knows how long it takes after sending passport copy for them to respond?

Thanks guys!

OMG, We sent the application in same day and we got test invitation in the same day. What's your processing office ?

rtln87

Sep 22, 2022
OMG, We sent the application in same day and we got test invitation in the same day. What's your processing office ?
Montreal! But you didn't get passport copy request right? I am wondering how much time this request will slow down in my application, I have seen some people having 2-3 extra months due to this.

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017

Thanks guys!

Good luck.
I have two questions please:
1-is the request just for your eligibility period? or till the request date?
2-Have you not sent the passport copies when you applied in September? I would like to know if it was not submitted at that time or do they ask for the copies again.

Many thanks

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
May I know which office did you apply ? Feb 2022 till now it’s been a long time !!
Hamilton Office. When I emailed the office asking about the status of my application they responded immediately saying that an officer is still reviewing my application.

jbourne

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Guys how do you get your invitation for ceremony ?
I have my status updated to attend ceremony but I haven't received any mail until now.

mikemma.9295

Jul 31, 2018
Waterloo
Guys how do you get your invitation for ceremony ?
I have my status updated to attend ceremony but I haven't received any mail until now.
Hi @jbourne, IRCC will send the Oath instructions 1-2 weeks prior to the scheduled oath date. If you don't receive an instructions email by October 19th, contact IRCC right away to ensure you don't miss the appointment for oath.

I am scheduled for Oath on October 12th and still awaiting instructions from IRCC.