+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Singhka

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I finally received the Passport Request.

I need some help to deal with the request:

On the letter, besides requesting for copy of the passport and photos, they also asked me to submit "The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants".

Do I simple write on a piece of paper this information? Or is there a form that I need to fill in?

Thanks.
Congratulations! Timeline please?

ncan3

Sep 15, 2021
Sep 2020 Outland Spouse PR Applicant - My (Sponsor) email was provided as primary email but Spouse (Principal Applicant) in India got PPR email from CPC Ottawa and it went to spam folder. We checked the email 2 weeks late. So please keep checking your spam folder as well.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi, I received PPR, but I am confused about how to submit. I only need to submit a passport copy. Did you have to send through the VFS service or is that only for sending an actual passport?
Yes, you have to use VFS to submit your passport copy and photos. They will send back your CoPR so you need the 2 way courier option.

CottonAn

Mar 3, 2020
Congratulations! Timeline please?

Application received: Sept 25, 2020
AOR: April 16, 2021
Biometric request: April 16, 2021
Medical request: April 16, 2021
Police clearance request: April 16, 2021
Biometric completed: April 21, 2021
Medical completed: May 11, 2021
Police clearance completed: May 12, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: May 13, 2021
Passport request: Sept 15, 2021

Visa Office: Hong Kong

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
Application received: Sept 25, 2020
AOR: April 16, 2021
Biometric request: April 16, 2021
Medical request: April 16, 2021
Police clearance request: April 16, 2021
Biometric completed: April 21, 2021
Medical completed: May 11, 2021
Police clearance completed: May 12, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: May 13, 2021
Passport request: Sept 15, 2021

Visa Office: Hong Kong
Congratulations! My VO is Hong Kong too, Pre-arrival was received on Mar 9, but until now, no DM, no update...

CottonAn

Mar 3, 2020
Congratulations! My VO is Hong Kong too, Pre-arrival was received on Mar 9, but until now, no DM, no update...
It seems that things are not going the way it should. Lots of 2021 applicants got their COPR already, I heard. Looks like 2020 applicants need to be a lot more patience. I hope you will hear from them soon.

Reactions: Iziki86
Jan 29, 2021
Sep 2020 Outland Spouse PR Applicant - My (Sponsor) email was provided as primary email but Spouse (Principal Applicant) in India got PPR email from CPC Ottawa and it went to spam folder. We checked the email 2 weeks late. So please keep checking your spam folder as well.
You just saved my behind. Checked PA's junk folder and look at that...PPR sent Aug 24.

20 minutes of panic later we are emailing them to let them know we are working on it RIGHT NOW

Thank you

Reactions: Korion

Rrox

Sep 14, 2021
Update, we got the scary letter. the Procedural Fairness Letter. How do you prove to someone that you've spent nearly every day together in the same room for 2.5 years? (aside from the 6 months we were seperated due to the pandemic.)

Like, they just do not believe us. Part of me is worried because we are same-sex, as what they are asking for is something that most marginalized folx don't have. "Proof of Bills". I had all finances cut off from me. I don't touch them once bit. I haven't since December 2019. For the whole year of 2019 I paid bills in my name, cause it was way easier to do that than to get my partner on my account as we were both in the US at the time. I also got divorced in Summer of 2019, so I worry that is related. However, with the lack of information given and no direction on the documents they'd like to see (since they keep mentioned 2019), I'm at a loss as to what to do.

We'd love to get an immigration lawyer, however we are very lower-class and can't afford in anyway. Access to money is something we just don't have.

NweNweAung

Feb 22, 2021
Hi, which visa office ? I have similar timeline
Hello, Can I ask you . I have Singapore Visa office. I have similar time line with you.
Decision made on March
Medical done about end of April
Till now there is no update yet.
What does it means of " Ecas" ?
Can you please help me to reply?

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Update, we got the scary letter. the Procedural Fairness Letter. How do you prove to someone that you've spent nearly every day together in the same room for 2.5 years? (aside from the 6 months we were seperated due to the pandemic.)

Like, they just do not believe us. Part of me is worried because we are same-sex, as what they are asking for is something that most marginalized folx don't have. "Proof of Bills". I had all finances cut off from me. I don't touch them once bit. I haven't since December 2019. For the whole year of 2019 I paid bills in my name, cause it was way easier to do that than to get my partner on my account as we were both in the US at the time. I also got divorced in Summer of 2019, so I worry that is related. However, with the lack of information given and no direction on the documents they'd like to see (since they keep mentioned 2019), I'm at a loss as to what to do.

We'd love to get an immigration lawyer, however we are very lower-class and can't afford in anyway. Access to money is something we just don't have.
Provide what you can to show that you're together. This includes statements from friends and family attesting to your relationship and co-habitation. Social media content. Anything that strengthens your case. They don't provide specifics because there is latitude for the IRCC officer to evaluate what you submit. Be as detailed and include as much as possible. Also provide a letter clearly explaining the situation on the bills you mentioned above.

ncan3

Sep 15, 2021
You just saved my behind. Checked PA's junk folder and look at that...PPR sent Aug 24.

20 minutes of panic later we are emailing them to let them know we are working on it RIGHT NOW

Thank you
Congratulations on your PPR!!! Happy that my post helped others.

eks123

Dec 1, 2020
Hello, has anyone had luck with emailing their MP? I just sent them an email and I don't want to get my hopes up. Any luck?

Pescado21

Feb 28, 2021
Just got back the passport with visa, however, it seems the photo is not attached to the visa, is that normal? Do we just need the passport+visa & copr to land at Canada?
Hey, ya that is normal. The photos you sent are attached to your COPR. The visa stamped in your passport just has maple leafs on it instead. On initial landing you will need both passport+counterfoil and the COPR letter. No worries, you aren't missing anything.