+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

LiamRobinson

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all,

Another query for you as I haven't been able to find the answer online...

I have a COPR under an outland spousal sponsorship, both me and my Canadian wife live in the UK and we're planning to move in Summer 2022. I do however need to 'land' before February.

Does anybody know if it will be possible for me to land without my wife being physically present? Due to a variety of reasons, we're hoping it may be possible for me to fly into a Canadian port of entry by myself and return home in the same weekend, the sole reason being to get my COPR approved before the February deadline.

Kind Regards,

Liam

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi all,

Another query for you as I haven't been able to find the answer online...

I have a COPR under an outland spousal sponsorship, both me and my Canadian wife live in the UK and we're planning to move in Summer 2022. I do however need to 'land' before February.

Does anybody know if it will be possible for me to land without my wife being physically present? Due to a variety of reasons, we're hoping it may be possible for me to fly into a Canadian port of entry by myself and return home in the same weekend, the sole reason being to get my COPR approved before the February deadline.

Kind Regards,

Liam
Yes, I believe that you can do that . I believe that you're not supposed to leave Canada until after you receive your PR card (IRCC won't mail it outside the country) so double check if there are any ramifications of having someone sending that to you.

LiamRobinson

Jan 30, 2019
Yes, I believe that you can do that . I believe that you're not supposed to leave Canada until after you receive your PR card (IRCC won't mail it outside the country) so double check if there are any ramifications of having someone sending that to you.
Thanks very much for getting back to me. I was actually planning on having the card sent to my in laws who live in the Ottawa area and then couriered to me from the UK. I'm assuming this would be ok?

At the moment, I just wouldn't be able to stay there long enough to receive it in person.

Jude59

Jun 29, 2021
Texas
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
File Transfer...
29-04-2021
Med's Request
31-05-2021
Passport Req..
18-08-2021
Hi everyone,

What should we expect to happen once medical results are received and how long does it normally
take to see the next step? Not that anything is normal these days. As you can see from our timeline
our journey started in Dec 2019 and then Covid happened and stalled us for quite sometime. I am a Canadian sponsoring
my American husband, we both reside in Texas.

Good Luck everyone!

Our Immigration Timeline:

Dec 6, 2019- Hired Attorney
Sept 21, 2020- Immigration Package sent to Sydney, NS
File received: Sept 24, 2020
AOR: April 6, 2021
Biometric request: April 6, 2021
SA: April 9, 2021
Moved to VO- NYC, New York: April 9, 2021
Biometric done: April 30, 2021
Medical request: May 31, 2021
Medical done: June 7, 2021
Medical Results Received: June 14, 2021
Pre arrival letter received: August 9, 2021

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks very much for getting back to me. I was actually planning on having the card sent to my in laws who live in the Ottawa area and then couriered to me from the UK. I'm assuming this would be ok?

At the moment, I just wouldn't be able to stay there long enough to receive it in person.
That would work fine.

Reactions: LiamRobinson

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020
I know no one has much clue what’s going on anymore, but I’m curious as to when your biometrics showed as received ? Mine were done in April, medical was done July and shows as received but biometrics still says “we do not need biometrics from you”

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022
I know no one has much clue what’s going on anymore, but I’m curious as to when your biometrics showed as received ? Mine were done in April, medical was done July and shows as received but biometrics still says “we do not need biometrics from you”
My husband was exempt from biometrics as he had done it for a visitors visa in 2019 however ecas says "we do not need bio"

YouMissedMyHeart

Jul 21, 2021
Our lawyer got a message saying that we needed a more official copy (not from the hospital) of my partner's birth certificate, here's to waiting another 2+ months while we try to acquire that from his state. Hopefully this means they're at least actively processing our application, though.

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
Hey, I'm new here. Hope I'm doing this right.

Canadian sponsoring my American husband.

Application received: Sept 19, 2020
AOR: May 5, 2021
SA: May 7, 2021
VO: May 7, 2021 (I think? the SA letter said, "your application will be forwarded to a visa office" - not sure if this means that it has been or if we'll get an actual confirmation after)

Requests for biometrics and medical were received on May 5.
The online portal says that the medical reports have been received but I don't have specific information as we're going through a lawyer.

We were only able to get biometrics done on Monday (July 19) as there were no biometrics centres open in the US and he had them done here. Does anyone know if this will slow down the process, or if they would have already been processing the file?

On the online check there's a "decision made" for SA and "in process" for PA.

Also wondering if this process is usually quicker for American citizens coming to Canada?

Appreciate any information anyone is able to give. Thank you.
My husband went to the USCIS office to have his biometrics done. (was done on Aug 05) and medical was done and “received” , nothing about his biometrics at all.
And he received his pre-arrival letter today. Hope things will move faster from now on. Keeping our fingers crossed.

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
Hello All,

Please find below my timeline
AOR1: 14 Jul 2021
SA: 15 Jul 2021
Biometric: Exempted
MR: 16 Jul 2021
Medical passed : 26 Jul 2021
AOR2: -
BGC: -
DM: -
PPR: -
COPR ISSUED: -

VO: New Delhi, India

Today my application status in ECAS changed from "In Process" to "Application Received"

What does it means ? What will the time/duration to get DM, PPR & COPR ?
What is DM, PPR and COPR? Stupid question, I am new.

jonesy

Aug 24, 2020
I wanted to update people on the group, so here goes:

My wife has received her passport back with the visa in, and we are planning to move before the end of the year.
The visa office was really fast in processing her passport.
Our whole process was less than a year, and I am holding thumbs for everyone on this group to get theirs ASAP.

Basically here is the overall experience:

Application submitted: 15 Aug 20
Arrived in Sydney, NS: 15 Sep 20
AOR1: Mar 21
SA: Mar 21
Biometrics request: May 21
Biometrics submitted: May 21
Medical request: May 21
Medical exam passed: May 21
AOR2: We didn't really get this, but I noted that some Visa Offices don't send this sometimes.
Passport Requested: 3 Aug 21
COPR ISSUED: 12 Aug 21

There was a month delay where I had to get a police clearance for a country we had lived in for less than six months, so that set us back for a month.
I tried to explain the situation, but the VO was insistent... We could have had everything wrapped up by June I believe if that had been submitted with the initial application.

Just for anyone curious, I did my wife's application myself, and I am not sure how useful an immigration consultant would have been.
I am really thankful for all the support, answers, and information that this forum and group have provided.

Good luck to everyone out there!

Reactions: Korion