+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
I wanted to update people on the group, so here goes:

My wife has received her passport back with the visa in, and we are planning to move before the end of the year.
The visa office was really fast in processing her passport.
Our whole process was less than a year, and I am holding thumbs for everyone on this group to get theirs ASAP.

Basically here is the overall experience:

Application submitted: 15 Aug 20
Arrived in Sydney, NS: 15 Sep 20
AOR1: Mar 21
SA: Mar 21
Biometrics request: May 21
Biometrics submitted: May 21
Medical request: May 21
Medical exam passed: May 21
AOR2: We didn't really get this, but I noted that some Visa Offices don't send this sometimes.
Passport Requested: 3 Aug 21
COPR ISSUED: 12 Aug 21

There was a month delay where I had to get a police clearance for a country we had lived in for less than six months, so that set us back for a month.
I tried to explain the situation, but the VO was insistent... We could have had everything wrapped up by June I believe if that had been submitted with the initial application.

Just for anyone curious, I did my wife's application myself, and I am not sure how useful an immigration consultant would have been.
I am really thankful for all the support, answers, and information that this forum and group have provided.

Good luck to everyone out there!
From which country you applied ?

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
Have a question. If I linked my application with GCKey, will I still be getting emails from IRCC regarding the application?

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
We have been having problems linking the account to GCkey, keep getting msg that it cant be found?
If you haven't found it yet, there's a good guide here.

The most common problem regarding linking seems to be the form's interpretation of "Number of family members". It's usually 1 more than one would think, as it includes the sponsor.

From the guide:

1. In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).
    Attention! Even though in the form IMM0008 you entered 1 as a number of family members including in the application (or 1 + number_of_dependents), you need to enter 2 when linking an application. I believe this is the most major issue people struggle with. Please make sure you entered 2 (and +1 per dependent if you have any).

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
If you haven't found it yet, there's a good guide here.

The most common problem regarding linking seems to be the form's interpretation of "Number of family members". It's usually 1 more than one would think, as it includes the sponsor.

From the guide:

1. In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).
    Attention! Even though in the form IMM0008 you entered 1 as a number of family members including in the application (or 1 + number_of_dependents), you need to enter 2 when linking an application. I believe this is the most major issue people struggle with. Please make sure you entered 2 (and +1 per dependent if you have any).
There's also a good chance the government employee responsible for entering your info into the system did so incorrectly which would make it impossible to link your application. In that case, you should phone them.

Reactions: cjr

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
There's also a good chance the government employee responsible for entering your info into the system did so incorrectly which would make it impossible to link your application. In that case, you should phone them.
LOL.

Yes - also a strong possibility!

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022
We have been having problems linking the account to GCkey, keep getting msg that it cant be found?
There is a forum here somewhere that gives excellent info on linking your application. Search and you will find it.

mike24531

Apr 9, 2021
Quick update: I received a letter from IRCC stating that they've begun processing my application. Since I'm applying from HK, that means I still need to request a HK police certificate/background check, which unfortunately adds another 4-6 weeks of processing time. At this stage, I think that's the last piece of information that they need, so hopefully, I'll get a decision by the end of the year. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: Korion

Jude59

Jun 29, 2021
Texas
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
File Transfer...
29-04-2021
Med's Request
31-05-2021
Passport Req..
18-08-2021
Hi everyone,

What should we expect to happen once medical results are received and how long does it normally
take to see the next step? Not that anything is normal these days. As you can see from our timeline
our journey started in Dec 2019 and then Covid happened and stalled us for quite sometime. I am a Canadian sponsoring
my American husband, we both reside in Texas.

Good Luck everyone!

Our Immigration Timeline:

Dec 6, 2019- Hired Attorney
Sept 21, 2020- Immigration Package sent to Sydney, NS
File received: Sept 24, 2020
AOR: April 6, 2021
Biometric request: April 6, 2021
SA: April 9, 2021
Moved to VO- NYC, New York: April 9, 2021
Biometric done: April 30, 2021
Medical request: May 31, 2021
Medical done: June 7, 2021
Medical Results Received: June 14, 2021
PPR: August 18, 2021

Reactions: anshulbanwari

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Any idea about the passport return times for NDVO? My wife and son's passports were delivered 2 weeks back by VFS, no updates since then. VFS initially provided an estimate of 14 days.