Aor received march 30th
Sa approval, medical request on 31 st march
Medicals passed on april 1st
Pre arrival letter on april 7th
DM today

It's moving!

mike24531

Apr 9, 2021
Just discovered this forum and added my name to the Google tracker. Application was received on September 21, 2020, and just hit the 200 day mark without anything so far. I'm getting anxious seeing that so many people have gotten their AORs already. Hope it comes soon. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: Korion

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
A Decision Made for someone from another forum:
Application received: September 15th
Aor received march 30th
Sa approval, medical request on 31 st march
Medicals passed on april 1st
Pre arrival letter on april 7th
DM today

It's moving!
How can be medical pass with in same day? I know its not yours but just i was thinking.

Reactions: rrss13

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Can someone in this forum confirm the veracity of the IRCC agent's answer?
My application was received on 15 September and nothing since that day except the temporary number. I called this morning to inquire about the status and the attendant told me that my application in under backgound checks, Does that make sense? BGC before AOR and medical exam. please share similar cases... Thanks

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020
How can be medical pass with in same day? I know its not yours but just i was thinking.
same, i dont think is possible to do the test and pass on same day lol, taked time for the physician to upload the test results and also takes time for it to reflect on gckey

Reactions: pat40

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Can someone in this forum confirm the veracity of the IRCC agent's answer?
My application was received on 15 September and nothing since that day except the temporary number. I called this morning to inquire about the status and the attendant told me that my application in under backgound checks, Does that make sense? BGC before AOR and medical exam. please share similar cases... Thanks
That may be what it shows in their system. I just got AOR a few days ago, when I log into my ECAS it says my background check is in process. It seems unlikely to me that it actually is, but, that's what it says.

Reactions: Okotoks

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Random question:
As for the PPR request, do you literally have to mail your passport to the visa office, and then they’ll update it and mail it back to you? Just curious because I’m concerned about mailing delays.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Random question:
As for the PPR request, do you literally have to mail your passport to the visa office, and then they’ll update it and mail it back to you? Just curious because I’m concerned about mailing delays.
What country is the PA in?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Random question:
Depends on country, but overall right now few countries are accepting passports in person (there are a few though); in most others, you can submit by e.g. courier to the visa application centre, in a few countries there is a specific service or courier that is used.

Note - for applicants who do not need a visa (visa waiver countries) you may not be submitting passport but just a photocopy and photos. I believe you're applying from Japan - Tokyo office of VFS Global (or other cities possibly) would be the one. VFS websites are pretty terrible, but under 'apply for visa' there is a link to 'submit passports and other documents with the relevant info. PPR letter will have basic instructions.

Last edited:

missfickel

Jul 24, 2020
We tried calling IRCC yesterday to get a temporary number, and went through the phone menu options and when you select that you want to speak to someone about an application it just says "line unavailable" and hangs up. Has anyone else had this happen?

Are we calling the wrong number ? 1-888-242-2100 Are we selecting the wrong options? Could someone who has done this successfully advise on their experience?

Kkkaaauuurrr22

Mar 24, 2021
Just a quick questions if you apply for outland sponsorship, can you leave canada after they received application? Does this affect your file?