+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hello,

I'm a principal applicant from India and applied visa under Family sponsorship. My application was submitted on 8th September 2020 and currently my medical and biometric got completed on 1st of march 2021. The application status is in submitted state. My question is how long will it take to process the application for passport pickup currently? By which month I can expect my application will be finalized? I can see in the portal currently they are finalizing the application for the month June 2019.
If you do the math that means it will probably take 18 months from the time the application was submitted. I'd say that's a best case scenario.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
If you do the math that means it will probably take 18 months from the time the application was submitted. I'd say that's a best case scenario.
There was an article in cicnews.com that said the new hires at IRCC was to bring the processing time back to 12 months for a typical application.

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
After SA email, there’s no news from CIC for medical request. VO changed to New York. I can see that Medical request is sent soon after SA for most of the people.
do you guys think I should call cic and check with them?
SA- March 24

Singhka

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
After SA email, there’s no news from CIC for medical request. VO changed to New York. I can see that Medical request is sent soon after SA for most of the people.
SA- March 24
Call them ASAP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
SA- March 24
Too soon, just wait.

Reactions: Korion

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
There was an article in cicnews.com that said the new hires at IRCC was to bring the processing time back to 12 months for a typical application.
That's nice, I'll believe that when I see it. Perhaps the newer applicants will be processed in 12 months. Personally I don't have AOR yet and submitted 7-months ago so it's hard to see how I'll get my application done any time soon. Nothing wrong with being positive but don't kid yourself if you have a hard date you need to get PR by because you may well be disappointed.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
SA- March 24
No need. Medicals are actually all over the place if you look at tracker for 2020. I got my medical a month after SA. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Reactions: armoured

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
So- for some reason I just got an email stating they were refunding $415. I cannot imagine why that would be, we got SA yesterday. That's weird right?

Edited to add, I searched around a bit and that must mean we paid the wrong amount. Obviously, we need to resubmit the payment. Will they send us an invoice or something for the correct amount or do I just go online and pay the same way I paid before?

Last edited:

J&J

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Hi is it normal that we received a letter from Quebec requesting to submit renew letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that Sponsor is admissible?

Sponsor approved Nov 2019
CSQ applied end of December 2019, received most probably January 2020
Medical January 2020

Csq AOR July 14, 2020
Pre-arrival September 30, 2020
Csq certificate requested by VO September 31, 2020
Requested to redo Medical March 2021

Unfortunately March 18 we received a letter from Quebec requesting for a renewed copy of the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that sponsor in admissible, anybody experience this???

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Hii.. got medical request today!!

File received: Sept 14, 2020
AOR: March 17, 2021
SA: March 24, 2021
Medical request: April 7, 2021

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
So- for some reason I just got an email stating they were refunding $415. I cannot imagine why that would be, we got SA yesterday. That's weird right?

Edited to add, I searched around a bit and that must mean we paid the wrong amount. Obviously, we need to resubmit the payment. Will they send us an invoice or something for the correct amount or do I just go online and pay the same way I paid before?
I believe under GKey for additional details you can see what you owe there. Not sure about payment but I'm sure it will be listed there.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I believe under GKey for additional details you can see what you owe there. Not sure about payment but I'm sure it will be listed there.
It's not there yet, but, I did find where it would show it. It still says $0, but, I bet it's one of those things that takes a few days to update. Thank you

Reactions: Korion