+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hey, there's IRCC lawyer that reviewed our application before submitting it and so far it wasn't returned. The name is Abraham's law office 1099 Kingston Rd. Pickering. I feel they're affordable. We only asked them.to review the whole application though, not representing us.
Oh thank you buddy not worried about money as long as they do their job not lagging the things behind not being resposnive as i see more people.who approached through firms complaining about the same..i will check with the firm you mentioned.I appreciate your response buddy.
Thank you_/\_

Oh his services doesnt include about immigration as im looking to hire a lawyer for my wife's PR file processing not started as some law firms dont handle the cases started by someone.

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Oh thank you buddy not worried about money as long as they do their job not lagging the things behind not being resposnive as i see more people.who approached through firms complaining about the same..i will check with the firm you mentioned.I appreciate your response buddy.
Thank you_/\_

Oh his services doesnt include about immigration as im looking to hire a lawyer for my wife's PR file processing not started as some law firms dont handle the cases started by someone.
They have different lawyers, and an IRCC lawyer handled my case. Just check it out with them. Then, decide fr.there.

Reactions: RAMAAA91

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Congrats i have a question about PR card processing can you able to see the status of it in cic login or just in portal login..got mine on jul20 and so far its showing as in review with IRCC in portal login for PR card.
I haven’t received my PR card yet. I was able to link it to my online IRCC account and it says “submitted” as of this morning.
On the PR confirmation portal, my address & photo are approved. No other PR card info is present there.

Did you mean that you got your eCOPR on July 20 on the portal, and now it says “in review with IRCC”?
Usually there isn’t any relevant PR card processinf info on the portal..

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I haven’t received my PR card yet. I was able to link it to my online IRCC account and it says “submitted” as of this morning.
On the PR confirmation portal, my address & photo are approved. No other PR card info is present there.

Did you mean that you got your eCOPR on July 20 on the portal, and now it says “in review with IRCC”?
Usually there isn’t any relevant PR card processinf info on the portal..
Yeah got Ecopr on jul20 and photo,address details submitted but says in review with IRCC.no change since then so not sure how long it takes for PR card.But in your case you are saying photo and address submission got approved in portal so i dont know how the process go from here

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Yeah got Ecopr on jul20 and photo,address details submitted but says in review with IRCC.no change since then so not sure how long it takes for PR card.But in your case you are saying photo and address submission got approved in portal so i dont know how the process go from here
Oh ok. For me the photo & address were approved at the same time within 10 mins of getting eCOPR.
From here it could take 1 wk to 2 months to get PR card

Reactions: RAMAAA91

PLB

May 26, 2021
Just wanted to let others know that I also haven't received my AIP or SA letters yet. I got my OWP approved on June 3rd but nothing since then. eCAS is still in progress, BGC is still in progress, no emails, and no requests for more documents. They received my application at the beginning of September. I'm moving at the end of the month so hopefully an address change doesn't cause trouble.

Let's not worry too much and stay positive! I'm a little stressed but what's another month at this point lol. Congratulations to everyone who's received good news so far! :D

Reactions: simjan18

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Some folks ask about Background Check. My BGC did not get updated until my decision was posted to GCKey. My eligibility and BCG both said in progress until yesterday when the application was updated with the final decision. Then my BGC was updated to say it was completed July 9 (even though it wasn't posted as complete until July 26). My eligibility passed date is July 26 despite getting AIP in May, so I don't think those are the same thing.

Reactions: PLB

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Some folks ask about Background Check. My BGC did not get updated until my decision was posted to GCKey. My eligibility and BCG both said in progress until yesterday when the application was updated with the final decision. Then my BGC was updated to say it was completed July 9 (even though it wasn't posted as complete until July 26). My eligibility passed date is July 26 despite getting AIP in May, so I don't think those are the same thing.
My eligibility says not started -background in progress
You are right I think the agents do not update as they complete . I did not get any SA AIP just medical OWP and req for proof of address was sent same date …updated in my profile as accepted follow up not required and that’s it . then silence so I find it kind of weird …I already give up it will happen when it happens I feel my agent is lazy haha

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
My eligibility says not started -background in progress
You are right I think the agents do not update as they complete . I did not get any SA AIP just medical OWP and req for proof of address was sent same date …updated in my profile as accepted follow up not required and that’s it . then silence so I find it kind of weird …I already give up it will happen when it happens I feel my agent is lazy haha
I try to be sympathetic. I'm sure they're very busy and affected by COVID like all of us. They are all handling a lot of applications and waiting on other people to do their own steps. The agent isn't responsible for processing the background check themselves, that gets sent somewhere else and they have to wait on it too. I do not believe they go silent on you just be a jerk or be lazy.

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Just wanted to let others know that I also haven't received my AIP or SA letters yet. I got my OWP approved on June 3rd but nothing since then. eCAS is still in progress, BGC is still in progress, no emails, and no requests for more documents. They received my application at the beginning of September. I'm moving at the end of the month so hopefully an address change doesn't cause trouble.

Let's not worry too much and stay positive! I'm a little stressed but what's another month at this point lol. Congratulations to everyone who's received good news so far! :D
Did you submit your address change already? I started submitting mine well before I moved, lol. I submitted it actually multiple times for both Sponsor & Applicant, and they still sent my OWP to my old address. After that though they got it updated.

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
I try to be sympathetic. I'm sure they're very busy and affected by COVID like all of us. They are all handling a lot of applications and waiting on other people to do their own steps. The agent isn't responsible for processing the background check themselves, that gets sent somewhere else and they have to wait on it too. I do not believe they go silent on you just be a jerk or be lazy.
I am sympathetic and understanding but I find it is counterproductive when I send all my address proof and they ask for it again and you already received the documents with the application . Then the inconsistencies of sending req for biometrics fee when my biometrics was done 2019 .. so yes I am understanding and sympathetic but I too am frustrated with the process . Yes Covid may have cause hiccups nkt nkt an entire ignorance of the structured process other departments-within federal
Gov service levels remain the same or better during Covid so not sure what’s happening as I said ill Just exercise more patience n whenever it happens it happens

SR9090

Jun 24, 2021
My apologies if this has been asked before but I submitted my information through the PR Portal last week and am now just waiting on eCOPR. My wife, a Canadian citizen, is planning on travelling to the US to see family for a few days (I would join her if I had eCOPR but I am guessing that is not likely based on the timeline others have shared.)

I know inland applicants should not leave Canada once applying but is there any risk to my sponsor travelling outside of the country (for a weekend) while I am waiting for eCOPR?

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
My apologies if this has been asked before but I submitted my information through the PR Portal last week and am now just waiting on eCOPR. My wife, a Canadian citizen, is planning on travelling to the US to see family for a few days (I would join her if I had eCOPR but I am guessing that is not likely based on the timeline others have shared.)

I know inland applicants should not leave Canada once applying but is there any risk to my sponsor travelling outside of the country (for a weekend) while I am waiting for eCOPR?
I think you would be fine, bring all your proof of your status, printouts of the emails about the PR portal... It's not too bad if you fly, I think land borders are more difficult. Are you flying?

SR9090

Jun 24, 2021
I think you would be fine, bring all your proof of your status, printouts of the emails about the PR portal... It's not too bad if you fly, I think land borders are more difficult. Are you flying?
Her plan is to drive but we've decided I probably shouldn't go with her unless I get eCOPR before she leaves. I was just asking if my wife (my sponsor) could leave Canada for a weekend without it complicating the process somehow.