Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
What’s your ecase actually shows?
Did you gc key shows background check started?
eCAS shows “we started processing your application on (date)” for SA.
Online portal shows - “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”

sandy92

May 8, 2018
eCAS shows “we started processing your application on (date)” for SA.
Online portal shows - “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
Yes
They started your background check.
Mine status still shows your application is in process.
And another thing I received AIP letter but it still says we are reviewing your eligibility.
That strange.

PLB

May 26, 2021
New to the forum after lurking for some time - super exciting to see our applications moving along. :)

Quick question(s): I was finally able to link my application online and it says that I don't need to give biometrics, however I received the biometrics letter about a week ago and booked an appointment. I'd assumed that I needed to give my fingerprints as I've never done it before but now I'm confused. Would it hurt to get it done even if I didn't need to after all?

Also, the only medical exam I was able to get in the GTA is for mid July o_O I used the web form to contact CIC right away and explain that there's nothing available sooner within 2 hours travel. Do they ever respond to you or do I just have to wait until I can eventually get it done? Is anyone else having a hard time getting an appointment within 30 days?

sandy92

May 8, 2018
New to the forum after lurking for some time - super exciting to see our applications moving along. :)

Quick question(s): I was finally able to link my application online and it says that I don't need to give biometrics, however I received the biometrics letter about a week ago and booked an appointment. I'd assumed that I needed to give my fingerprints as I've never done it before but now I'm confused. Would it hurt to get it done even if I didn't need to after all?

Also, the only medical exam I was able to get in the GTA is for mid July o_O I used the web form to contact CIC right away and explain that there's nothing available sooner within 2 hours travel. Do they ever respond to you or do I just have to wait until I can eventually get it done? Is anyone else having a hard time getting an appointment within 30 days?
https://calendly.com/ppny/immigration-medical?month=2021-05
Check here it shows on 31 May available
And check for 5 minutes atleast you’ll get it by early.

Reactions: PLB

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Yes
They started your background check.
Mine status still shows your application is in process.
And another thing I received AIP letter but it still says we are reviewing your eligibility.
That strange.
Hm - I haven’t received SA or AIP and my online account shows that they haven’t started my eligibility review yet.
It’s really weird

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020

Did you get a biometrics fee reminder letter or a biometrics instruction letter? For the latter only you’d have to book an appointment and get your biometrics done.
You can always call IRCC & check why there’s a discrepancy in the letter you received vs your online account.
Also I’m assuming you received the correspondence online not by mail?

Reactions: PLB

PLB

May 26, 2021
Did you get a biometrics fee reminder letter or a biometrics instruction letter? For the latter only you’d have to book an appointment and get your biometrics done.
You can always call IRCC & check why there’s a discrepancy in the letter you received vs your online account.
Also I’m assuming you received the correspondence online not by mail?
I called IRCC like you suggested and they clarified that I did need to give my biometrics and to generally go by what their emails say. Thank you for the help. :)

020tothe6

Sep 10, 2020
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-09-2020

Hi there, try calling some of the phone numbers in the GTA. All the online booking ones are completely full! Good luck.
edit: Nvm, just saw you already managed to book one!

dim232

May 27, 2021
I've been following this thread and our September 2020 spreadsheet for a while now. Excited to see things are moving!

We received our medical request last week, did the medical this Tuesday and received the AIP letter on Tuesday as well.
Went straight to the main ServiceOntario office and were able to receive the OHIP card the same day (Tuesday). In case anyone needs help on the details, happy to point them in the right direction.

- Cheers

020tothe6

Sep 10, 2020
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-09-2020
I've been following this thread and our September 2020 spreadsheet for a while now. Excited to see things are moving!

We received our medical request last week, did the medical this Tuesday and received the AIP letter on Tuesday as well.
Went straight to the main ServiceOntario office and were able to receive the OHIP card the same day (Tuesday). In case anyone needs help on the details, happy to point them in the right direction.

- Cheers
Congrats! Are you saying you can get OHIP with the AIP letter? I'd love to know more!

dim232

May 27, 2021
Congrats! Are you saying you can get OHIP with the AIP letter? I'd love to know more!
Yes, you get OHIP on the spot with a printout of the AIP letter. Bring with you your AIP letter, ID, and proof of residency (ideally should be an original, ex: bank statement or lease agreement). They give you a temporary letter to show you have OHIP starting the same day and the card is mailed within 4 weeks I believe.

Only gotcha is you need to visit a public office for ServiceOntario, not a private ServiceOntario. We went here in the Toronto area: 47 Sheppard Avenue East, no appointment needed.

EDIT: for those wondering about a 3 month waiting period, there is none, that's been cancelled due to COVID-19. You get OHIP coverage starting same day.

Reactions: 020tothe6

KAulakh

Mar 12, 2020
Hello Guys,
I send my application in the middle of sept 2020, I got biometric request on 20 April , I did upfront medical in 28 April 2021.
This is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 30, 2020.
  2. Temp file number in dec .
  3. We started processing your application on May 20, 2021.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 20, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. I donot have access to my account so I can only used online tool to see my status .Any one have idea how much it's take time to get AIP, SA.

Reactions: Krystal^^

Krystal^^

May 5, 2021
Hello Guys,
I send my application in the middle of sept 2020, I got biometric request on 20 April , I did upfront medical in 28 April 2021.
This is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 30, 2020.
  2. Temp file number in dec .
  3. We started processing your application on May 20, 2021.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 20, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. I donot have access to my account so I can only used online tool to see my status .Any one have idea how much it's take time to get AIP, SA.
I have a very similar timeline as yours. Biometrics requested on Apr 20 and Medical exam requested on May 20. No further information get after May 20.
Can I please know what is your Sponsorship and Principal applicant status on ECAS (online tool)? thank you