Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hello Guys,
I send my application in the middle of sept 2020, I got biometric request on 20 April , I did upfront medical in 28 April 2021.
This is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 30, 2020.
  2. Temp file number in dec .
  3. We started processing your application on May 20, 2021.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 20, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. I donot have access to my account so I can only used online tool to see my status .Any one have idea how much it's take time to get AIP, SA.
There's no way to know for sure. You can check timelines in the spreadsheet. I was early Sept and just got AIP a few days ago.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
The Ontario health card.

I'm in NS and inquiring about their health card, but from what I've seen I can't get it if I don't have the work permit/PR card, but we'll see.
Here in BC, you can get provincial health coverage if you’re the spouse/common-law partner of a Canadian and have submitted an in-Canada application for PR.
It wasn’t straightforward on their website & I had to contact my MLA to know that this option actually existed.

Maybe they have something similar in yours?

Mintonten

Mar 4, 2020
The Ontario health card.

I'm in NS and inquiring about their health card, but from what I've seen I can't get it if I don't have the work permit/PR card, but we'll see.
In Nova Scotia, you could get health card if you have applied for PR and are spouse of a Canadian by providing a proof of having mailed your PR application i.e. copy of your delivery receipt, copy of fees paid for PR application, copy of your passport, marriage certificate. Please call them for eligibility, they can clarify if its available for spouse of a PR as well. I don't think its on their website.

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Hello everyone,

Did you guys received a confirmation from IRCC after they received your application? Normally how long it would take for them to open your application and send a confirmation email to us?

They have received my application for a week now but I still haven't received a confirmation email from them.

Thank you,

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
In Nova Scotia, you could get health card if you have applied for PR and are spouse of a Canadian by providing a proof of having mailed your PR application i.e. copy of your delivery receipt, copy of fees paid for PR application, copy of your passport, marriage certificate. Please call them for eligibility, they can clarify if its available for spouse of a PR as well. I don't think its on their website.
well yeah i'm an idiot. I guess I shouldn't have trusted their website which is pretty unambiguous about requirements! I just called them and applied.

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hello everyone,

Did you guys received a confirmation from IRCC after they received your application? Normally how long it would take for them to open your application and send a confirmation email to us?

They have received my application for a week now but I still haven't received a confirmation email from them.

Thank you,
They had my app about 10 days before sending a biometric fee reminder via email. I never got temp AOR which some people got after 3-4 weeks. I did not hear from them after the biometric fee reminder for 7 months, when I got AOR in April.

The timelines are shifting in response to lockdowns and stuff like that, so there's no sure way to know. If you sent via courier and got the confirmation that it was delivered, make sure to save that.

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
They had my app about 10 days before sending a biometric fee reminder via email. I never got temp AOR which some people got after 3-4 weeks. I did not hear from them after the biometric fee reminder for 7 months, when I got AOR in April.

The timelines are shifting in response to lockdowns and stuff like that, so there's no sure way to know. If you sent via courier and got the confirmation that it was delivered, make sure to save that.
Thank you JuniWolf. I do have tracking # and it was already received. I guess I will have to wait for a few months before they contact me via email.

Thank you again.

KAulakh

Mar 12, 2020
hello Krystal,
I donot know how to check my sponsorship status but I checked my Husband status it’s show we started processing your application On 20 May .

Reactions: Krystal^^

javis77

Jan 31, 2021

I have already paid biometris fee with my PR and OWP fees. I wonder if they do send it out anyway to remind me. I feel like that email is just a standard process as I have seen they sent it out to almost everyone.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hello everyone,

Thank you,
Honestly it’s taken people anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months to receive AOR for 2020 applicants.
Maybe they’re getting on track with 2021 applicants. I wish I could tell you anything different: but it’s just a waiting game at this point. Keep checking eCAS with your UCI to see if you can find an application or even try linking on your online portal.
good luck!

Reactions: 020tothe6

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Honestly it’s taken people anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months to receive AOR for 2020 applicants.
Maybe they’re getting on track with 2021 applicants. I wish I could tell you anything different: but it’s just a waiting game at this point. Keep checking eCAS with your UCI to see if you can find an application or even try linking on your online portal.
good luck!

Hi Majima,

This is my first time applying for Inland Spousal sponsorship. We dont have UCI # yet. I guess we will wait when we receive an email from IRCC. How long does it take for them to send you the email to ask for biometrics?

Thank you,

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi Majima,

This is my first time applying for Inland Spousal sponsorship. We dont have UCI # yet. I guess we will wait when we receive an email from IRCC. How long does it take for them to send you the email to ask for biometrics?

Thank you,
Hi Javis,

You can also check your eCAS status by using a receipt number that starts with R000000 (you also included this document in your application package as proof of payment).
IRCC received my app on Sept 8 but they only sent me the biometrics reminder email on May 10. Some people from Sept 2020 received it in Sept itself, and some in the subsequent months.

i hope you get yours very soon!