+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Spousal sponsorship + OWP + visitor restoration

Hello everyone,

It is so nice to see I’m not the only one stuck in this miserable loop of checking my IRCC account/eCAS multiple times a day!

Here’s my timeline so far (will be adding this info to the super helpful spreadsheet soon!)

Application sent: 04/Sept/2020
Application received: 08/Sept/2020
Temporary application no.: 20/Nov/2020
Visitor record: 27/Mar/2021
Processing started: 07/May/2021
- - PR application linked to online acc: 10/May/2021
Biometrics request: 13/May/2021
Biometrics completed: 13/May/2021
Medical request: 20/May/2021
- - OWP application linked to online acc: 21/May/2021
Medical exam date: 27/May/2021

Current eCAS status: IN PROCESS (for both PR & sponsor application)
No update on OWP yet.

So thankful for all the helpful tidbits in this thread. Will keep you all updated!
How to login for sponser . I tried to login in as a sponser it shows nothing. But PA ecas works

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
How to login for sponser . I tried to login in as a sponser it shows nothing. But PA ecas works
To login as sponsor on ECAS, I put in the details of my partner (last name, DOB, country of birth) AND our receipt number (R00000) for our application package. He doesn’t have a UCI.
You could also try application number if you have one now.
I was only successful once my details started showing up on ECAS.
Good luck & let me know if you need any more help!

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
To login as sponsor on ECAS, I put in the details of my partner (last name, DOB, country of birth) AND our receipt number (R00000) for our application package. He doesn’t have a UCI.
You could also try application number if you have one now.
I was only successful once my details started showing up on ECAS.
Good luck & let me know if you need any more help!
Thanks for telling me. I have tried my uci and all my info but it doesnt show up. I dont have receipt number cz i have a lawyer . He has all info. M just concerned for owp. Been 7 months now

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thanks for telling me. I have tried my uci and all my info but it doesnt show up. I dont have receipt number cz i have a lawyer . He has all info. M just concerned for owp. Been 7 months now
I understand, I’m in the same boat. Been waiting for OWP - digging into my savings, it’s very stressful financially.
Check with your lawyer and ask them for the receipt number. I had success with either that or the application number.
ALSO: input your partner’s DOB, lastname & country of birth.

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Y
I understand, I’m in the same boat. Been waiting for OWP - digging into my savings, it’s very stressful financially.
Check with your lawyer and ask them for the receipt number. I had success with either that or the application number.
ALSO: input your partner’s DOB, lastname & country of birth.
Yeah if i use application number with PA’s info. It shows in process. But if I use sponser info it doesnt show anything. But u guys see both side right?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Y

Yeah if i use application number with PA’s info. It shows in process. But if I use sponser info it doesnt show anything. But u guys see both side right?
Yeah I’m able to see both sides - sponsor & PA. Also did you receive your medical request yet? I did an upfront and they still sent me a request. Is that normal? I called call centre and they asked me to call my physician to see if they can re send my medical exam to IRCC.

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Yeah I’m able to see both sides - sponsor & PA. Also did you receive your medical request yet? I did an upfront and they still sent me a request. Is that normal? I called call centre and they asked me to call my physician to see if they can re send my medical exam to IRCC.
Okay. Yeah i got the med request. But normally in spousal case, They ask for it. . Yeah u can ask ur doc if he can send med again. Because these days it’s hard to get an appointment .

Reactions: Majima

Krystal^^

May 5, 2021
Hi guys,

Hope all of you have a great long weekend.

I have a quick question about the eCAS status. I noticed the sponsorship application status changed to "application received" from "In process" today. Do you know what that means and what happened?

I submitted my application by the end of Sep 2020 and please feel free to find my signature for the application timeline for details. Thank you :D

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
???

What’s is next after AIP / SA
Pre Arrival invitation for Inland Spousal Application ??
AIP without medical Meaning ???
Sameera,

I have the same question. Did you manage to find the answer through IRCC or somewhere else? I was never given an AOR but got my biometrics and medical, BGC is also in progress. Just wondering if SA/AIP should be coming next?

Thanks!

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
I have a couple questions:

Q1. I received my BIL & medical request but not my AOR. From what I know/have read isn't it supposed to be the other way round? Have people in this group had the same experience? [UPDATE: talked to IRCC & they said it's a conscious omission - whatever that means, but assured me there's nothing to worry about]

Q2. On eCAS it says "We sent PA a letter on May 13, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." Should I assume this is an AOR? or am I getting carried away? Has anyone else received a similar update on eCAS? [UPDATE: IRCC said it's most probably just a ghost update since I received my BIL in my online account that same day]

Q3. I submitted an upfront medical exam (validity: Aug 13, 2021) with my application in Sept, 2020. I just received a request for medical exam. I saw some people in the spreadsheet sent their upfront and it’s already been added to their files. Should I contact IRCC about this? [UPDATE: IRCC & my doc's office suggested I contact IRCC & ask them to link my UMI # and IME # to my file - this should solve the problem of sending a double medical request ]
Thanks!

Reactions: Krystal^^

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi guys,

Hope all of you have a great long weekend.

I have a quick question about the eCAS status. I noticed the sponsorship application status changed to "application received" from "In process" today. Do you know what that means and what happened?

I submitted my application by the end of Sep 2020 and please feel free to find my signature for the application timeline for details. Thank you :D
Hey, no idea why that’s the case but I’ve seen a lot of people on these forums in the same situation. I suggest reading through some of the other threads for inland sponsorship + calling IRCC call centre if you can!

Reactions: Krystal^^

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Similar sitch - July, checking Sept as I am on a similar timeline as Sept.

Question to your response though - I had my OWP app returned due to a missing $10, I resent it back to Edmonton as instructed but without the restoration fee. My working status expired last year, so does this mean they wont process it? They've had it for a few weeks now. Thanks man
It is so sad to see the application returned for just $10!! Why can’t they just ask for the money online like all the other fees.
Anyways, to my knowledge yes you’ll have to pay the restoration fee if your current status was expired when you reapplied. That’s what the CIC agent told me.
You can call them and confirm. It’s better to pay the fee before they send it back.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: Curtis3321

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi
Anyone’s Background check started yet?
If yes when?
I think mine started on May 7th as per eCAS. When I call the IRCC no. it tells me that they’re processing my background check so I think it’s definitely in process - give or take a couple days.

sandy92

May 8, 2018
I think mine started on May 7th as per eCAS. When I call the IRCC no. it tells me that they’re processing my background check so I think it’s definitely in process - give or take a couple days.
What’s your ecase actually shows?
Did you gc key shows background check started?