+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

immi2ca

Sep 15, 2020
What happens in case the primary applicant does not have a visitor record or legal status in Canada, but they were here on Visitor Visa, unfortunately due to COVID our outlant plan changed to Inland. We missed the submission by 2 days of 180 days of visa expiry. I called several times over the last 3 months and I've received varied responses from IRCC call centre, some responses multiple times, see below for varied responses.

1) I need to apply for status
2) It's ok, the Mississauga office will take $200 from my OWP fees to cover the visitor record update and ask to pay the balance
3) Mississauga office will not provide OWP, because of status, and will move to producing AOR1 and once they process the Spousal Sponsorship, they'll issue permit by that time.
4) It's ok even it is expired, the applicant won't be sent or ordered to go back under the current situation, just stay and they will proceed with processing of sponsorship as required.

Reactions: Weihua

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Hi guys
I saw some of September people got fees returned in the tool bar. I just wana know what’s that for?

tefcanada

Jan 17, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hi, guys

I'm inland ,I've received the prospective AOR on Dec 10th 2020, my passport is expired June 29th 2021, when I receive the renewal passport, Should I send the new copy to IRCC or wait their requirement?

Claramel

Jul 17, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone.
I"ve sent my pr application by mail and accepted by missisauga office in sept 2,2020. I also applied for visitor extension on dec 17,2020 but still no update until now. I"m about to move out to a new place. I've sent them a web form along with my new address. Does anyone have the same problem with me and currently stuck in process?
Should i just wait or send them another web form? Thanks

rose018

Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone.
I"ve sent my pr application by mail and accepted by missisauga office in sept 2,2020. I also applied for visitor extension on dec 17,2020 but still no update until now. I"m about to move out to a new place. I've sent them a web form along with my new address. Does anyone have the same problem with me and currently stuck in process?
Should i just wait or send them another web form? Thanks
don't worry it's going to take about 5-6 months to process the application for the visitor status extension, i've also applied on June 24,2020 and got my visitor record recently. as long as as you update your address it should be fine.

Reactions: Claramel

Claramel

Jul 17, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
don't worry it's going to take about 5-6 months to process the application for the visitor status extension, i've also applied on June 24,2020 and got my visitor record recently. as long as as you update your address it should be fine.
Thanks for the reply!
Yes, i"ve updated them via web form.

Reactions: rose018

Weihua

Jan 13, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question about my common law application. My application was sent in mid September 2020 and hasn’t been processed yet. Yesterday my partner(the sponsor) just learned that his employer declared bankruptcy...I’m just worried if this will affect my application since one of the documents we sent in has the proof of employment (the letter from his employer stating he’s been working there and how much he earns)...has anyone encountered the similar situation? I don’t know what to do since my application hasn’t even been processed yet but the thing is my visitor visa expired few months ago I don’t really have any legal document allowing me to stay in Canada legally(as I thought the implied status while I wait for my common law application to be approved). I’m just worried if I would be asked to leave the country once they request my partner (sponsor) to provide a new proof of employment document...

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Hi all, didn't see a thread for inland yet so wanted to start one. My application was received in Mississauga today!

Here is the spreadsheet.
Hi JuniWolf,

Can I have a question regarding Open work permit application? I believe we are in the same situation as you. For form IMM 5710, how did you answer this question below? did you just put N/A ( not applicable)? My spouse is also an American citizen, therefore she does not have a US PR Card.

US PR Card
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration ( green card) ? No or Yes - Did you leave this section blank or mark N/A?

Thank you for your help,

Javis

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hi JuniWolf,

Can I have a question regarding Open work permit application? I believe we are in the same situation as you. For form IMM 5710, how did you answer this question below? did you just put N/A ( not applicable)? My spouse is also an American citizen, therefore she does not have a US PR Card.

US PR Card
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration ( green card) ? No or Yes - Did you leave this section blank or mark N/A?

Thank you for your help,

Javis
She should mark that question as "no." :)

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Hi guys
I am inland September applicant. My application was received on 11 Sep,2020. Today i called ircc the agwnt confirmed my application of sponsorship is complete on 27 January. So good news. And but they haven’t confirmed my owp is complete or not. So that’s a sad news. Hope for the best
Thanks

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
Hi guys
I am inland September applicant. My application was received on 11 Sep,2020. Today i called ircc the agwnt confirmed my application of sponsorship is complete on 27 January. So good news. And but they haven’t confirmed my owp is complete or not. So that’s a sad news. Hope for the best
Thanks
For the automated message when you call and inquire about the status does it say anything different than when your application was received? I'm talking about before you connect with an agent.

Thanks

sandy92

May 8, 2018
For the automated message when you call and inquire about the status does it say anything different than when your application was received? I'm talking about before you connect with an agent.

Thanks
Yes i checked last week so it said we recived