+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

Jul 18, 2021
I didn't get that email but I did notice when I received COPR that mine had also been transferred to Montreal, and I'm in Nova Scotia. I believe they redistribute between offices based on caseloads... I could be wrong though.
Hello everyone.
i would like some help here, My husband and I applied on September 2020, 2 months ago I got medical request and it shows my medicals have been received. Also my husband has been approved as an sponsor, and I already received the Quebec approval. I also paid the permanent résident fee . but Today I got this email.

« This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Montreal for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision » .
Had anyone received this email also, if so, what does it means? I am a little confuse on why it was transferred ? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you
Hi, same here, even at same time I got this mail informed that my wife's PR application was sent to local office.

Lorena2021

Sep 4, 2020
Mine got transferred to Montreal local office for further assessment, I ordered my gmsc notes and just say that the reason of the transfer is : tfr eligibility. It’s been More than a month and I haven’t hear from them. Just praying I got my approval before Christmas.

PLB

May 26, 2021
I got my PR portal email today! I was so surprised and relieved - I hope others who are still waiting hear news soon too. Thank you to everyone in this forum who has answered my questions. :)

I know people trawl through old threads for information when they're worried about their application, so I want to share my experience:

I applied at the beginning of September 2020 with an OWP too, I was contacted when they needed my fingerprints and the medical exam at the end of May, and then I received my OWP at the beginning of June. I got emails here and there but I didn't receive some of the milestone emails that people track on their timelines and I was very worried that something was wrong. I felt like our application was kind of flimsy and there wasn't enough "proof" of our relationship in comparison to what I've heard other people send, and there is an age gap between myself and my partner so it felt like we were at a bit of a disadvantage. I don't think it's healthy to obsess over your application and call all the time, or say that the immigration officers are lazy or don't care, but it is very stressful when you don't hear anything at all and obviously you assume the worst. I almost feel like the more you harass them, the further your application goes down in the to-do pile lol.

If anyone else is in the same boat, now or in the future, please just be patient even though it is a miserable process. Not knowing what's going to happen completely wrecks your brain and mental health, especially when you're feeling insecure about your application in the first place. They began processing my application on September 23rd 2020 and I got the email today on September 24th 2021. Just wait it out and try to stay optimistic. It will happen eventually!!!

On9Pants

Oct 3, 2021
My application was delivered on27th Sept 2020 and I received the Biometrics Fee Reminder on Oct 7th 2020. I applied for the work permit separately and get it in Feb which only takes 4 weeks. Since then I have received nothing till AOR with a temporary application Number in May 2021. Do I need to do anything? Thank you !!!

KAulakh

Mar 12, 2020
File was received on 30 sept 2020 ,I got SA and AIP on 21 May , I got Work permit in June ,and I did my upfront medical on 8 May and later I got medical request on 20 May and they received my medical early but didnot show on my online tool from last three month , sept 3 2021 my medical was passed , I donot why they take too long to give final decision .

Lorena2021

Sep 4, 2020
Please any one know how long they gonna take to process my application , it's almost 12 month
Mine has being 14 months in process so far, For some people is faster and for other isn’t . It’s like a lottery. I heard people in this forum that have waited even 28 months. I think is just a matter or patience. There’s nothing else we can do.

• Wow
Reactions: simjan18

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
File was received on 30 sept 2020 ,I got SA and AIP on 21 May , I got Work permit in June ,and I did my upfront medical on 8 May and later I got medical request on 20 May and they received my medical early but didnot show on my online tool from last three month , sept 3 2021 my medical was passed , I donot why they take too long to give final decision .
well it is going to be even longer now with them focusing on removal of ppl stuck in Afghanistan ( base don the notice on the website ) so i have given up and whenever they do get to me i will see.. it has hampered all our plans we wanted our daughter here by x,mas it does not seem to be a go anymore sigh i am depressed on the whole waiting game so i no longer check.. it i=has been 13 months now pass the time frame and im even afraid to call in case they think we are bugging them i find this whole process tedious and unnecessarily long .. i better not get a feedback to do or they wont like what i have to say at all :( im just tired of it all and no longer excited about being here i literally feel like i should just pack up and go home as this is just too much

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Mine has being 14 months in process so far, For some people is faster and for other isn’t . It’s like a lottery. I heard people in this forum that have waited even 28 months. I think is just a matter or patience. There’s nothing else we can do.
wow @Lorena2021 and everything has been submitted did you get prearrival services letter too and all that ?
i received the eligibility have all been completed and confirmed received pre - arrival letter and all ,..but then radio silence and i kid you not my wife works for the other side of federal she is as annoyed saying it should not be this long

Lorena2021

Sep 4, 2020
wow @Lorena2021 and everything has been submitted did you get prearrival services letter too and all that ?
i received the eligibility have all been completed and confirmed received pre - arrival letter and all ,..but then radio silence and i kid you not my wife works for the other side of federal she is as annoyed saying it should not be this long
The last email I received after they got my medicals, is that my application has been transferred to montreal for further assessment. When I ordered my notes, it says that the reason of the transfer was “eligibility”. I don’t even know what that means. It’s been 15 months now. Since July I haven’t heard from them. I check my immigration account, and it still the same. I am tired too and frustrated, I have seen people getting their residence card approved in 10 months even during covid. I was supposed to see my family for Christmas and to bring my son and my husband to meet my side of the family. It’s really frustrating, it’s like they don’t care, and all I hear from people here is that when your file gets transferred is like you are starting all over again. I have little hope that I would hear anything before this year ends. The worst Is that they still excusing their extreme longer timelines with covid. Government workers are the slowest and careless people. I also hear that montreal vida office is one of the slowest offices in Canada, so I can even expect to be like this for at least another 15 months. It’s the most stressful and depressing process ever. The anxiety and sadness this keep giving me is making me rethink if I really want to live here .

• Wow

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
I received my eligibility letter and my spouse did too in late august,they only wanted a new police record and i uploaded that on September 8th .. nothing since .. im sorry to hear about the Montreal office that sounds way stressful. I pray something happens soon for both of us:confused:

Harrybeck

Oct 21, 2021
My application was delivered on27th Sept 2020 and I received the Biometrics Fee Reminder on Oct 7th 2020. I applied for the work permit separately and get it in Feb which only takes 4 weeks. Since then I have received nothing till AOR with a temporary application Number in May 2021. Do I need to do anything? Thank you !!!
hey you got your work permit?

Shaniice29

Jun 11, 2021
hey did you get your AOR yet? My application was received by Mississauga too on 21 Sept.
Our Application is through Mississauga also we applied on October 30th 2020. Got Medical Requests and Bio Metrics June 23 but couldn’t do them right away as I went in to labour that day with our son. Got them all completed by July 28th and it’s been radio silence since then no word on the work permit or anything. We also got our AOR in May. Seems everyone’s waiting over the 12 month period from October yet I see people who have got PR already card in hand in February 2021 it’s pathetic the stress they put people under waiting and no updates call to get an update and they say we don’t give updates over the phone anymore you just need to be patient like it’s stressful beyond measures.

Harrybeck

Oct 21, 2021
Our Application is through Mississauga also we applied on October 30th 2020. Got Medical Requests and Bio Metrics June 23 but couldn’t do them right away as I went in to labour that day with our son. Got them all completed by July 28th and it’s been radio silence since then no word on the work permit or anything. We also got our AOR in May. Seems everyone’s waiting over the 12 month period from October yet I see people who have got PR already card in hand in February 2021 it’s pathetic the stress they put people under waiting and no updates call to get an update and they say we don’t give updates over the phone anymore you just need to be patient like it’s stressful beyond measures.
I know it’s frustrating. At least you guys got something. It submitted my file in September and they received on 21st September. I didn’t hear from them. I didn’t even get my AOR. I talked to them, they said that it depends on the officer who receives your file. I don’t know when they gonna process mine.