+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 (fall) intake (general discussion)

Feb 29, 2020
*Have already posted this in a standalone forum question for International Students. Didn't get any responses, so hoping this works.*

Hey folks! This is my first post on the forum. I am not sure about the best-practices here, but I will try to keep this as succinct as possible. My consultant just told me that it would be very difficult for me to get into SPP colleges in Canada for a September 2020 intake in Accounting & Finance courses. I applied in Jan 2020 and haven't heard from any colleges. I am looking for some opinion on this. Here's my background:

1. Graduated with a Bachelors in Business Administration from a NAAC 'A' Accredited university in India. It's probably the best university in my state. I had a total of 9 backlogs, depending on how you count them. To be precise, I had 9 attempts in clearing 3 subjects - Taxation, Statistics and Operations Research. I graduated 6 months late from my designated date because of these. That's one part of the story. The second part is - that I still graduated with a first-class with distinction, scoring a 7.7/10 CGPA (72%). My WES evaluation shows that my degree is equivalent to a 4-year Canadian undergrad with a 3.56/4 GPA. Also, I had an 'A' grade in the subject of Finance during my undergrad.

I have also talked about my extracurricular experiences in my submitted CV. I was the founder and coordinator of some clubs (theatre and literary) in my college and also represented my university on the national podium.

2. My IELTS Academic score is 8.5, with a 7 in writing and a 9 in all other sections. I have also submitted my GMAT score of 660 (Q45, V35).

3. I graduated in Jan 2018 and since then, have had two internships in Financial Planning & Analysis along with a few certifications in Financial Modeling, Investing in Infrastructure and Capital Markets Research. I have also had two internships in advertising during my undergrad and have been working as an independent contractor providing content marketing services since the second year of my college.

4. My Class 12 score was 60%, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as my stream and my Class 10 score was 82%. Both of them under the Gujarat State Board.

I understand that my profile may not work with a university program. But now it seems that even the SPP programs are out of reach. I have applied to Seneca, Sheridan, Humber, Centennial, Algonquin and Fanshawe in 8-month accounting & finance courses. Do you think I am being too pessimistic with my approach or should I really start looking for a backup, now that the SPP colleges would not take me in?

jpssaini007

Jan 16, 2020
Hi All,
I have accepted the offer letter from Humber College, Now I am seeing the option to Upload Student Visa/Study Permit Documents
What are the next steps?
How to confirm or book the seat?
In how many days I have to pay the full tution fees and GIC amount?

er.saranyam

Feb 27, 2020
I ve applied for MEM Sep 2020
My status is Under evaluation and coming like dis,
Your file is now complete. We will inform you as soon as a decision has been reached.
Please give feedback

Tiwari135

Mar 1, 2020
Hey! Anyone for Mcmaster University fall 2020?
Also, when should I apply for student Visa to receive it in time ?!

mssai14

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi, I have completed Be civil and has 24 backlogs( including repeat attempts and absent)67%( I had clinical depression so I was not able to study well)

I have completed Bachelor of library science with 0 backlogs.( 1 year) 59%

I have completed Master of library science with 0 backlogs( 1year)66% ( No AlA accreditation)

I want to study Master of library science with ALA accreditation as it is must to work as librarian in Canada.
I am a Permanent resident of canada.( Landed immigrate)

I am going to apply for UBC, Dalhousie and U of Alberta.
Is any of the University will offer me an admission?

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Mathematics and Statistics gateway. Yes I did
Wow for undergraduate... congrats...are you from Nigeria..if yes hope you have checked the fee calculator cause McMaster tution can be pretty high for international students especially Africans due to the exchange rate and all...am not trying to change your mind or anything if you have the money fine...am just saying because when you want to start the visa process they might bring a big estimate of your tution fees adding that to 12k cad, you don't want that to skyrocket..so am just saying to check and if you can afford it fine.