+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

Bijothomas87

May 20, 2020
Hi all, i just recently got offer letter from St.Lawrence for September intake. But i havent taken my medicals yet. As I stay in Udaipur, i need to go to Ahmedabad to take medicals.But the visa date for september intake is due on July 1. Anyone have any idea whether they will.extend the visa date to one more month for Sept intake?

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Update on my application.

I completed upfront medical test on 17th Feb and applied for visa on 3rd March.
My biometrics status got updated on 5th March but medical wasn't updated.
I submitted 2nd webform to Bangalore VO on May 18th regarding my medical status.

They have responded today, this is what they have said.

"Your medical test is shown as passed on your file.

Thank you for your e-mail but unfortunately due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is functioning with reduced staff. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page."

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Update on my application.

I completed upfront medical test on 17th Feb and applied for visa on 3rd March.
My biometrics status got updated on 5th March but medical wasn't updated.
I submitted 2nd webform to Bangalore VO on May 18th regarding my medical status.

They have responded today, this is what they have said.

"Your medical test is shown as passed on your file.

Thank you for your e-mail but unfortunately due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is functioning with reduced staff. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page."
u apply online or paper file

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Anyone knows if it's worth applying (for the permit) right now if my country is in obligatory lockdown, including VFS for biometrics and the centre for the medical exam? I'm not sure how much time I have to submit those things, nor when my country's lockdown will be lifted.
I'm still not sure if I'm deferring.

Pranali

Mar 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been facing delays in my student visa application for September 2020 intake.
Current processing time for application of study permit from India on IRCC is given 1 week.

I completed my upfront medical on 17th February 2020.
I submitted my visa application on 3rd March 2020.
I completed my biometrics on 5th March 2020.
My visa application status is in progress
while my biometric status is completed.
However, My medical test status hasn't been updated yet.

I'm observing some applicants are receiving visa in spite of Coronvirus outbreak all over the globe.
I'm worried because people who applied for visa 5 days after my application are receiving visa for May and September Intakes.

I'm opening this thread to call out people with same concern.
If you are in the same boat please comment here and share your timeline and progress.
I had applied paper application in Feb for may 2020 but now got deferred to sept intake. My medical was updated on 4th march. After that its only showing processing. Im also really worried now after waiting for soo long.

doriebtch

May 21, 2020
Anyone here from the Philippines? I have just received my Letter of Acceptance last week for the September intake but I haven't submitted my study permit application yet as I am still gathering requirements. Do you think I will be able to make it or should I just defer to January intake?