+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does anyone has roughly an idea how long a "non-routine application" take?
There is no defined period, I have seen just Background checks taking 4 years for someone on this forum. But most non-routine applicantions shouldnt take that long, depends on the individual case and circumstances ofcourse.

Feb 7, 2022
So finally everything is over with IRCC for me, got my certificate yesterday. Best of luck everyone, who are still waiting for next steps...you will be the next one's :):)...

Oath Ceremony done: Feb 17
File closed:Feb 25
Certificate Received: March 02

Reactions: scappa and nskatcv

Dmonkie

Oct 13, 2017
I recently flew back to the UK, and on my way back I sat beside someone who is from Calgary like me and they had their oath today. They applied in June 2020, did their test in September 2021 like me, so hopefully I am a couple of months away!
Do you need to update to them anything before/after leaving and coming back to Canada? I plan to visit my family and my test was completed on Jan 14, 2022.

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Do you need to update to them anything before/after leaving and coming back to Canada? I plan to visit my family and my test was completed on Jan 14, 2022.
I decided to visit families too last year in December. Before I planned the trip, I just sent a web form informing them about my absence and my return date.
At that point I haven't taken the test, and they replied within a few days asking me to take the test before I was going to leave. They didn't mention anything else.

If you want to be super safe, you should consider forwarding your mail to someone in Canada, just in case they send you any paper mail while you're gone.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
I decided to visit families too last year in December. Before I planned the trip, I just sent a web form informing them about my absence and my return date.
At that point I haven't taken the test, and they replied within a few days asking me to take the test before I was going to leave. They didn't mention anything else.

If you want to be super safe, you should consider forwarding your mail to someone in Canada, just in case they send you any paper mail while you're gone.
you did not need to inform you were outside Canada at least you get an e-mail for testing or invite to Oath,,,
after you receive the confirmation letter (AOR), you are sure the time of your application is freezed, the only point is to meet the R.O.
so, you have to wait,,,
many people from India or Paskistan are always delay because the pass to much time outside Canada

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
My BG check is shown as completed. Took the test 2 months ago and I just received a request for scanned copies of the pages of my passport. Any ideas what thats for?
to verify travels
you will see change in 4/6 weeks

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
Hi Guys - I got a ghost update on my profile today, the new tracker says last updated 4th March 2022, whereas I don't see any change in the activities in the tracker below.

I did give my 2nd FP to an agency on Mar 1st, but I doubt they would have updated it so quickly, considering RCMP sends the reports to IRCC by regular mail.

Any insights on this would be great! Thanks

Steve_Can

Dec 7, 2020
Hello, I have a question about the status of kids. All the sections except citizenship test and oath ceremony (not started) are in progress.
When will the status of kids get updated like adults? Or it will not get updated until oath ceremony of adults completed?
Thanks.

Reactions: ILoveAB

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
There is no defined period, I have seen just Background checks taking 4 years for someone on this forum. But most non-routine applicantions shouldnt take that long, depends on the individual case and circumstances ofcourse.
4 years, that dude has lots of patience. I think I'll start knocking doors before they ask for another set of fingerprints

Dmonkie

Oct 13, 2017
you did not need to inform you were outside Canada at least you get an e-mail for testing or invite to Oath,,,
after you receive the confirmation letter (AOR), you are sure the time of your application is freezed, the only point is to meet the R.O.
so, you have to wait,,,
many people from India or Paskistan are always delay because the pass to much time outside Canada
Thanks @endor and @Cassiano. To clarify, then I won't need to declare anything with them (I do have someone watched over my mail in case of physical mail)? I only plan to travel abroad for about 3 weeks. I'm sorry if I'm missing your point.

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Thanks @endor and @Cassiano. To clarify, then I won't need to declare anything with them (I do have someone watched over my mail in case of physical mail)? I only plan to travel abroad for about 3 weeks. I'm sorry if I'm missing your point.
Yea, Cassiano was right. The physical presence requirement starts 5 years prior to the day you sign the application. So after getting AOR, you don't have to be in Canada except maybe for taking the test and oath.

I was just writing them so that I would have a valid excuse for not answering their physical mail.