+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
I contacted her office via email. They responded also via email.
So, should I contact the MP associated with the address on my application or the currect address as I moved to a different part of Calgary since then. Must I be in Canada to do so (I am abroad as my father passed aways last year and we are still trying to sort out the legal process of some family properties.)

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
Finally!

The status of citizenship ceremony on the tracking website has been updated to “in progress”.

Oath ceremony is scheduled for March 3rd!

However, I have not received any invite via email or regular mail.

If I had set up email as my preferred communication method, would I be receiving an email or a letter?

Thanks to everyone in here, this forum has been an invaluable tool in answering questions and allaying concerns.

Reactions: varlam

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
Update - Per online tracking, all status changed to "completed" on Feb 16 except for citizenship ceremony still "Not started". ECAS shows Decision Made. My office is Ottawa.

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
Hi there,
Just frustrated and venting! So no progress since 08th Dec, 2021. Since my mom is senior citizen, there should be no test and just oath ceremony. But there isn't any progress and I understand I need to be patient. The thing is my mom is living with me since the citizenship process has started. But for summer I, my kids and my husband planned to go back home to visit family. We had bought tickets last year as well, hoping everything will be done by now. But now I am not sure if my mom can travel as we don't know when her ceremony date will arrive. I have read its usually 2 weeks notification. On top of that Covid restrictions keep on changing so not sure how should I proceed as I cant leave her alone here while I am travelling and not sure if she should travel as oath invite can also come meanwhile.

Dayanpillai

Jul 15, 2021
I’m so depressed I got my bg check completed on December 6. I have applied on September 2020. I still didn’t get my test invite I applied from Toronto. In here it seems like most of the people already got their oath ceremony. I’m so confused

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I’m so depressed I got my bg check completed on December 6. I have applied on September 2020. I still didn’t get my test invite I applied from Toronto. In here it seems like most of the people already got their oath ceremony. I’m so confused
I suggest you contact your member of parliament. It does help sometimes and no help sometimes. Worth to try. In my case, it helped a lot.

betosorio

Aug 31, 2014
I got BG check complete in January 24 and no test invite yet as well.

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi there,
Just frustrated and venting! So no progress since 08th Dec, 2021. Since my mom is senior citizen, there should be no test and just oath ceremony. But there isn't any progress and I understand I need to be patient. The thing is my mom is living with me since the citizenship process has started. But for summer I, my kids and my husband planned to go back home to visit family. We had bought tickets last year as well, hoping everything will be done by now. But now I am not sure if my mom can travel as we don't know when her ceremony date will arrive. I have read its usually 2 weeks notification. On top of that Covid restrictions keep on changing so not sure how should I proceed as I cant leave her alone here while I am travelling and not sure if she should travel as oath invite can also come meanwhile.
Once you've submitted your application got AOR and stuff you are free to go wherever you want.
If the IRCC wants to schedule the test or oath ceremony when you are away, you can always email them back with your unavailablilty.
They will not and cannot reject your application just because you are away. There's no rules that says you need to remain in Canada for the duration of your app.
They will just reschedule it until you come back.

For sure it will delay your application, but nothing is stopping you from traveling.

For my case, I applied in Sept 2020, and decided to go visit family in Oct 2021.
I informed the IRCC that I planned to be away for a few months, and then they right away asked me to take the test.
Passed the test in November last year and no update ever since. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
I suggest you contact your member of parliament. It does help sometimes and no help sometimes. Worth to try. In my case, it helped a lot.
I am curious on how this helps, or what the obligations of a minister are in this scenario. How can we have a member of parliament when we have no voting rights. since we're not citizens yet?

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Finally!

The status of citizenship ceremony on the tracking website has been updated to “in progress”.

Oath ceremony is scheduled for March 3rd!

However, I have not received any invite via email or regular mail.

If I had set up email as my preferred communication method, would I be receiving an email or a letter?

Thanks to everyone in here, this forum has been an invaluable tool in answering questions and allaying concerns.
Awesome! Congrats, I find it funny as hell that people are getting DM made weeks after me and getting a date for oath sooner than mine :D

Just goes to show how dumb this entire process is :D

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I am curious on how this helps, or what the obligations of a minister are in this scenario. How can we have a member of parliament when we have no voting rights. since we're not citizens yet?
MPs are not only responsible for citizens. Asking MPs to follow up about immigration application (citizenship, PR, …) is actually quite common.

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
MPs are not only responsible for citizens. Asking MPs to follow up about immigration application (citizenship, PR, …) is actually quite common.
Cool. I wish I knew this sooner. I actually know the MP local to me, as in live near and speak to fairly often :D