+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Ooof. Got an email from IRCC today asking about four records of entries to Canada from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). I had to send information on the entries that were not been declared on my application for citizenship.

These absences amounted to 36 days. I had 1199 days total in my original submission, so 1163 now. In the tracking system they updated the "last updated" to today.

I applied for GCMS notes last week also.

DebSaha

Jun 7, 2018
The test Interview column is used to enter the date that the test was taken. The Test Invite letter/ecas date is the date that the invitation was sent to you.

The actual interview is entered in the comments section AFAIK.

So no need to worry about getting an interview unless you get an actual request for it.
thanks for clarifying that.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Quick (and possibly) silly questions for those who already had their ceremonies:

I received one invitation email and my husband received another email.
My seat for the zoom call is 68 and my husband is 67.

Should we sign in together on Zoom as "Seat 67 + Seat 68" ? It does not make sense to be in different devices..
Nothing is mentioned specifically on the instructions about this.
I'm overthinking this :D But I don't want to have any problems on Friday.

On the instructions says 10.30 AM EDT. But we're EST now. Should we show up at 9.30 AM or this was probably a mistake?

I told you: silly questions :)

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Quick (and possibly) silly questions for those who already had their ceremonies:

I received one invitation email and my husband received another email.
My seat for the zoom call is 68 and my husband is 67.

Should we sign in together on Zoom as "Seat 67 + Seat 68" ? It does not make sense to be in different devices..
Nothing is mentioned specifically on the instructions about this.
I'm overthinking this :D But I don't want to have any problems on Friday.

On the instructions says 10.30 AM EDT. But we're EST now. Should we show up at 9.30 AM or this was probably a mistake?

I told you: silly questions :)
That's strange having different seat nos. for the same family . My wife, son and I all got the same seat numbers. This is not a huge thing though, and my suggestion would be to log in to Zoom together and wait for instructions form the clerk. They do generally help with this and will make the necessary changes so that you won't miss out on anything.

On the time front, EDT is nothing but EST when Daylight saving is on (like now), so while logging in at 9:30 am will give you peace of mind, it probably is not necessary to do so, and you should be perfectly safe logging in at 10:30 am.

Reactions: MaryC

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
GUYS, WE NEED HELP!

We applied in September 2020 (2 adults and 2 minor kids).
AOR: February 2nd, 2021.
September 7th, 2021, Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed". They never asked me or my wife for fingerprints.

Questions:
1) Does IRCC ask for fingerprints as a standard procedure? Or not. Are our BG/Security Checks definitely completed?
2) When can we expect to get the test invitation?
3) How much longer do you think we must wait to BECOME CANADIAN CITIZENS (best case / normal case scenarios)?

EVERY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Fingerprint requests are not a standard thing.

However, seeing your long wait time, I suggest that you contact the IRCC office on 888-242-2100 and speak to an agent about your Citizenship application. I don't know the email address, but someone else that applied from NL can let you know. It's easier to get a response via email in my experience.

As far as the time is concerned, it's hard to say till you get your test invite and complete it. The current average for Test to DM is 65 days for September applications, and another 70 days form DM to oath, though lately that has improved drastically recently. As other's have observed, IRCC seem to be expediting the process but seems t focus on 2021 applicants.

Contacting them will cause them to wake up and look at your file. If you haven't done so, I'd also suggest that you order your GCMS notes to review your application and act on any issue that you may find in it.

Reactions: Matt-NL

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013

However, seeing your long wait time, I suggest that you contact the IRCC office on 888-242-2100 and speak to an agent about your Citizenship application. I don't know the email address, but someone else that applied from NL can let you know. It's easier to get a response via email in my experience.

As far as the time is concerned, it's hard to say till you get your test invite and complete it. The current average for Test to DM is 65 days for September applications, and another 70 days form DM to oath, though lately that has improved drastically recently. As other's have observed, IRCC seem to be expediting the process but seems t focus on 2021 applicants.

Contacting them will cause them to wake up and look at your file. If you haven't done so, I'd also suggest that you order your GCMS notes to review your application and act on any issue that you may find in it.
For me it took less than a month for Test to DM and I'm with Saskatoon office one of the slowest in the country

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
GUYS, WE NEED HELP!

We applied in September 2020 (2 adults and 2 minor kids).
AOR: February 2nd, 2021.
September 7th, 2021, Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed". They never asked me or my wife for fingerprints.

Questions:
1) Does IRCC ask for fingerprints as a standard procedure? Or not. Are our BG/Security Checks definitely completed?
2) When can we expect to get the test invitation?
3) How much longer do you think we must wait to BECOME CANADIAN CITIZENS (best case / normal case scenarios)?

EVERY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I’m on the same boat. Just have my background completed and not even test invite.
I think we should call them and order notes.
Some visa offices are slower. For example Ottawa

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
That's strange having different seat nos. for the same family . My wife, son and I all got the same seat numbers. This is not a huge thing though, and my suggestion would be to log in to Zoom together and wait for instructions form the clerk. They do generally help with this and will make the necessary changes so that you won't miss out on anything.

On the time front, EDT is nothing but EST when Daylight saving is on (like now), so while logging in at 9:30 am will give you peace of mind, it probably is not necessary to do so, and you should be perfectly safe logging in at 10:30 am.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

We will do that, join in together and explain to them the situation.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)

Thank you. I ordered our GCMS notes about 2 months ago. About 4 weeks ago they asked my wife to sign a request form + me and my wife to sign the same form for our 2 kids. We did it. We haven't heard anything since. Calling IRCC is a good idea. I tried to call them a month ago. The generic pre-recorded info was shared with me saying that only urgent cases can talk to an agent. According to the info our case was not one of the listed cases. Nevertheless, I will try to call them again. Perhaps the situation has already changed. Anyway, I appreciate your kind response. :)

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Just received an update from an Officer-Inland, Domestic Network Immigration.

Thank you for your email. I have approved your application for citizenship. I have referred your file to be scheduled for a ceremony. You will receive an invitation for a citizenship ceremony in the next couple of months.​

My file is updated on the tracker:

3 new update(s)
  • Jan 18, 2022
    Language skills activity status updated
    Language skills
    New update
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Jan 18, 2022
    Physical presence activity status updated
    Physical presence
    New update
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jan 18, 2022
    Prohibitions activity status updated
    Prohibitions
    New update
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

Last edited:
Reactions: im2kool

melgolchuk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Took the test on Jan 11 (20/20 woot woot), everything has changed to completed as of 18 Jan but it still says in progress.

My email to take the test came from the Kitchener office.