+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
One reason to be hopeful is that ramping up virtual oaths for granted applicants was a pretty important target for IRCC. They completed 76000 oaths in 2021, and they are now (allegedly) doing 3500-5000 per week, that's between 182000-260000 in 2022.

So I expect people to stay in the DM pool for less
That's right. We have certainly seen improvements in the oath improvement times. Hope they maintain the same speed.

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
folks, got a question here, we've sent our application as family (2 adults and 2 kids) in Aug 2021, I received my FP request on Dec8, did it on Dec 13th, still shows" in process", my wife got her BGC on Dec8, any idea how long it takes before my FP are received and BGC completed? also test invites usually sent together as family? or not necessarily? thanks for your help

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
folks, got a question here, we've sent our application as family (2 adults and 2 kids) in Aug 2021, I received my FP request on Dec8, did it on Dec 13th, still shows" in process", my wife got her BGC on Dec8, any idea how long it takes before my FP are received and BGC completed? also test invites usually sent together as family? or not necessarily? thanks for your help
Everyone here would love to help but the answer is basically just "it depends". Like most other IRCC timelines, it varies without rhyme or reason.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Great.

As for the oath, it's hard to say. It could be anything from 3 weeks to 3 months or more. There are people have waited 6 months and more and there are people that have got the oath invites a day after the DM. The current average for September applicants is 60 days. (Saskatoon's average for the year is 60 days, nut that may be skewed as there aren't enough data points)
Lol Mine is Saskatoon.. lets see . I also see Update date of Today on new portal so might be another update coming in day or two ?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Situation after more than 1 year 4 months of sending the application. Just sharing for record.

Application Sent9th Sep 2020
Test Completion Date17th Dec 2021

Myself
Language SkillsIn ProgressBackground VerificationIn Progress
Physical PresenceIn ProgressProhibitionsIn Progress
Citizenship TestIn ProgressCitizenship CeremonyNot Started

Spouse
Language SkillsIn ProgressBackground VerificationCompleted
Citizenship TestCompletedCitizenship CeremonyNot Started

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Situation after more than 1 year 4 months of sending the application. Just sharing for record.

Application Sent9th Sep 2020
Test Completion Date17th Dec 2021

Myself
Language SkillsIn ProgressBackground VerificationIn Progress
Citizenship TestIn ProgressCitizenship CeremonyNot Started

Spouse
Language SkillsIn ProgressBackground VerificationCompleted
Citizenship TestCompletedCitizenship CeremonyNot Started

I have very similar timeline but my everything got updated today to completed and Ceremony not started

Reactions: nskatcv

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
GUYS, WE NEED HELP!

We applied in September 2020 (2 adults and 2 minor kids).
AOR: February 2nd, 2021.
September 7th, 2021, Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed". They never asked me or my wife for fingerprints.

Questions:
1) Does IRCC ask for fingerprints as a standard procedure? Or not. Are our BG/Security Checks definitely completed?
2) When can we expect to get the test invitation?
3) How much longer do you think we must wait to BECOME CANADIAN CITIZENS (best case / normal case scenarios)?

EVERY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Completed my Citizenship Test today.

App Date: Sep 18, 2020
BGC Complete: Mar 16
Test email date: June 23
Test duration: June 25-July 15
Test Taken: June 25
Today I had my oath ceremony.
Oath Invitation letter date: Jan 10
Oath date: Jan 17

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hello! I hope everyone is doing well!

I received the Oath invitation email last Friday Jan 14th (exactly one week before ceremony).
Our ceremony is Friday morning. I will come back to let you know how it went.

Crossing my fingers and sincerely hoping everyone here gets this email very soon!
Stay strong and calm, we're almost there :)

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
It’s interesting that the gap between ‘invitation for oath’ and ‘oath’ has been one or few weeks only for all cases I’ve seen recently. There used to be several months gap few months ago. So that’s not happening anymore? Hopefully this is the case, or I’m just looking into lucky cases?

Reactions: MaryC

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
It’s interesting that the gap between ‘invitation for oath’ and ‘oath’ has been one or few weeks only for all cases I’ve seen recently. There used to be several months gap few months ago. So that’s not happening anymore? Hopefully this is the case, or I’m just looking into lucky cases?
I noticed that on the tracker. Many are getting unvited to oath quickly. But with ircc you really never know what happens

Reactions: hawat

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I noticed that on the tracker. Many are getting unvited to oath quickly. But with ircc you really never know what happens
Thanks. I also read somewhere expediting oath for applicants with DM status is one of the current properties for CIC. Hope it’s true.

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It’s totally varies applicant to applicant and depend on the local visa office.
I have been waiting for two months after decision made. And other applicants I know they have been also waiting for two to three months.
I was also thinking that my Oath would come soon while decision was made after 4 and half months of my test completion.
They are super quick with 2021 applicants and online applicants.
My office is Mississauga. I am so tired of waiting in every steps after test and after decision made.
Hoping everything will be in a transparent process soon and people will suffer less.

Reactions: Kornet and hawat

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
It’s totally varies applicant to applicant and depend on the local visa office.
I have been waiting for two months after decision made. And other applicants I know they have been also waiting for two to three months.
I was also thinking that my Oath would come soon while decision was made after 4 and half months of my test completion.
They are super quick with 2021 applicants and online applicants.
My office is Mississauga. I am so tired of waiting in every steps after test and after decision made.
Hoping everything will be in a transparent process soon and people will suffer less.
I agree. This waiting with zero information and checking everyday is difficult. I hope you hear good news soon.

Reactions: Rehan123