+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Status changed to test completed on Dec 31st.
Took test on Dec 30th
Test invite on Dec 10th

PS: Is anybody updating the tracker? This is my third time updating my status and it's still not showing on the spreadsheet
Its already been updated. The test status change updates are not being done anymore.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Yes i go walk in today.I reached before office open i reached 8:10 office open 8:30 and i was out from office after completing everything at 8:50 am .All passport offices show appointment only but all offices accept Walk In customers.
Just to update, this is no longer true. If you show up, you will be asked if you have an appointment and if the answer is no, you will be turned away. I didn't even get inside the building.

Further, if you want to make an appointment, expect to be grilled as to the reason you have to travel, and provide proof you've booked the travel. Except they recommend you don't book until you have the new passport. Which you can't get without booking. I'm between enraged and furious with this nonsense.

See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html

If you’re applying in person
By appointment

You must provide proof that you need the passport. New

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Interesting story with the Ottawa office

I was scheduled for a test on Jan 3rd, I completed the test the same day. a week later I saw on my application that I was scheduled again for another test between Jan 17 and feb 6.

It looked like a glitch tbh cause it showed I had two tests to do

Anyway, I called the call center and what she said was interesting

She said she never seen this before, she also said that the status of my application is citizenship Granted and everything was passed, although my application tracker shows everything in progress except ceremony not started and background check complete

She consulted with a senior colleague and they said that they think they were trying to book me for a ceremony but booked me for another test by mistake

They will send an action request to the case processing officer to fix the duplicate scheduling and advised me not to do the test again

I dont know what to make of this, she says its granted but the status tracker barely shows any status change. im not going to get my hopes up

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I just checked my ECAS it shows decision made???? Im so confused

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to update, this is no longer true. If you show up, you will be asked if you have an appointment and if the answer is no, you will be turned away. I didn't even get inside the building.

Further, if you want to make an appointment, expect to be grilled as to the reason you have to travel, and provide proof you've booked the travel. Except they recommend you don't book until you have the new passport. Which you can't get without booking. I'm between enraged and furious with this nonsense.

See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html

If you’re applying in person
By appointment

You must provide proof that you need the passport. New
I can feel your pain and looks like it will be a similar case with me since I have to travel in march but I cant book tickets under my current passport and PR card.

you can try showing a booking from one of these reservation websites or similar ones;
https://onwardticket.com/
https://www.flightreservationforvisa.com/

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Congratulations!!! All done

Thanks man but its so weird if I click on decision made it only shows 3 updates, last one is that they started processing my application in February.. no updates about making the decision, it only shows "decision made" instead of "in process" in the main screen

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Another update:

Status tracker now showing all fields completed except for ceremony not started, the second test request is gone... at 9:30 am everything was in process. this makes me believe that status tracker updates in real time

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
Called IRCC this morning as I was supposed to have my oath on January 13.

In fact they removed me because the ceremony was only in English, they assumed I was only speaking French. They can't put me back there and ask me to wait. This is infuriating as I flew back from France on January 7th from visiting my family only for this ceremony.

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
Just for your records, My wife and I got our Citizenship status changed to "Completed" exactly 5 weeks after I took the test and more than 3 weeks after she took the test (both got updated at the same time).
FYI, the photo I took from my ID definitely was blurry for some parts but apparently it didn't end up with any issues. My wife also made a mistake first time and took a photo of herself instead of her ID which ended up with receiving another link a few second after to do the test process again.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Another update:

Status tracker now showing all fields completed except for ceremony not started, the second test request is gone... at 9:30 am everything was in process. this makes me believe that status tracker updates in real time
Great!

That's a decision made. What's the date it shows for all the activity status updates. That will be your Decision Made date. Let me know so that I can update the tracker.

You are now in the queue for oath, and hopefully you will get a date soon.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Called IRCC this morning as I was supposed to have my oath on January 13.

In fact they removed me because the ceremony was only in English, they assumed I was only speaking French. They can't put me back there and ask me to wait. This is infuriating as I flew back from France on January 7th from visiting my family only for this ceremony.
That's really frustrating.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Great!

That's a decision made. What's the date it shows for all the activity status updates. That will be your Decision Made date. Let me know so that I can update the tracker.

You are now in the queue for oath, and hopefully you will get a date soon.
Hi! It is Jan 10th, yes please update the sheet. thanks!