+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
so whats the best way to apply for passport? In Person or Mail In?

Any locations preference to if going the inperson route?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
so whats the best way to apply for passport? In Person or Mail In?

Any locations preference to if going the inperson route?
My 2 cents...

In Person is quicker than mail in, so there's that. In person can be done at Service Canada or Passport Canada locations - Passport Canada is quicker than Service Canada.

When I was asked for an appointment in and around Mississauga, there were none till Jan '23 for Passport Canada, and Service Canada was available in late December.

Walk-ins are available in many locations, but I am hearing that Kitchener is the preferred location for walk-ins. I cannot comment on it as I have not tried a walk-in.

I have opted for a Service Canada appointment, as I am not rushed for a passport. (Where can I go with the current situation?) I expect to get the passport mid to end Jan '23 with that.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: SHIVAAY

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
My 2 cents...

In Person is quicker than mail in, so there's that. In person can be done at Service Canada or Passport Canada locations - Passport Canada is quicker than Service Canada.

When I was asked for an appointment in and around Mississauga, there were none till Jan '23 for Passport Canada, and Service Canada was available in late December.

Walk-ins are available in many locations, but I am hearing that Kitchener is the preferred location for walk-ins. I cannot comment on it as I have not tried a walk-in.

I have opted for a Service Canada appointment, as I am not rushed for a passport. (Where can I go with the current situation?) I expect to get the passport mid to end Jan '23 with that.

Hope this helps.
For appointment do I need to call passport canada locations or can the appointment be reserved online?

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done with Oath today. Uneventful and smooth. :)
Requested for urgent citizenship certificate. Let's see if they oblige.
Will keep you guys posted.
cheers and best of luck to all!
nerd.

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Done with Oath today. Uneventful and smooth. :)
Requested for urgent citizenship certificate. Let's see if they oblige.
Will keep you guys posted.
cheers and best of luck to all!
nerd.
Congratulations, did they ask for proof for urgent citizenship certificate delivery

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone know if IRCC try to send oath before background check expires as I think they have to do it again or it doesn't matter

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, did they ask for proof for urgent citizenship certificate delivery
Yes. And they questioned thoroughly as to the need for urgent travel. Tickets is not enough.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hey guys, between the time you applied to date that you received your decision - how long did that take? I applied on 28th September 2021, but just tryna see how long it takes for the decision.

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Update: Decision made on December 16, 2021. Tracker has been updated.

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1381 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Received: September 03, 2020
AOR: January 16, 2021
In Process: February 01, 2021
Background Check completed: March 9, 2021
Test Invitation: June 18, 2021
Test: July 11, 2021
DM: December 16, 2021
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Reactions: MaryC

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Hello All,
My Citizenship Test Status has changed to "Completed". What can I expect next in the process and by when?