+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How does one determine which office is working on their application?

I haven't had any movement on my file since July and even though my test was marked completed on June 10th they still haven't made a decision -- nothing odd about my application -- so I'm wondering if maybe there's something going on at the office where my application is being processed (but don't know which one it is)

I sent a GMCS notes request almost 3 months ago but never heard back...is there any other way to find out?
Can anyone help me with my question?
1. The email ID on which the test invite was received
2. Sending a webform request
3. Calling IRCC
4. Ordering GCMS notes.
5. Email ID on which the oath invite was received

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
They'll simply review all the information and documents provided in the application. Just be sure to carry the originals of ALL documents that you submitted with your citizenship application (including the IELTS test report if you submitted that).

Looks like they've gone from online to in-person interview now as the country re-opens.

The interview is a rather simple process. If all the information in the application and the physical presence calculator and your documents are valid, you should be good to go.
It's idiotic to be 1) going in-person when COVID cases are still rising and 2) making someone from ETOBICOKE travel to Scarborough. I am so pissed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It's idiotic to be 1) going in-person when COVID cases are still rising and 2) making someone from ETOBICOKE travel to Scarborough. I am so pissed.
The application is generally processed by the local office assigned at the time when the application is first sent to a local office. At least within the GTA, they don't switch local offices even if you change your address. That's the reason why your file is still with Scarborough and that's why you are asked to attend an interview in Scarborough.

But look at the bright side - There are several applicants still waiting without a BG check complete on their file. You, on the other hand, at least have some progress here. There is a chance you might get "Decision Made" right after the interview or in a week or so. So, that's good.

Its okay to be pissed but your application is progressing and I hope you'll be happy about that part.

Good luck.

Last edited:

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi there,

Quick update : Received a call from MP office, the guy talked to IRCC yesterday (test end of july, pp request 14 sept, sent the same day, mtl office), they are behind schedule because of covid blabla... They are about to check my residence (don't know what this means) and that for the next six months ceremony schedules are all FULL! WTF! He told me to be patient... Well I guess I'll earn a PHD in Patience by dealing with IRCC lol

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hi there,

Quick update : Received a call from MP office, the guy talked to IRCC yesterday (test end of july, pp request 14 sept, sent the same day, mtl office), they are behind schedule because of covid blabla... They are about to check my residence (don't know what this means) and that for the next six months ceremony schedules are all FULL! WTF! He told me to be patient... Well I guess I'll earn a PHD in Patience by dealing with IRCC lol
It seems like IRCC is putting extra load on Canadian health care system!

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hi there,

Noooooo.. Omg, I hope this is not true. I'm Montreal office too. o_O

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
1. The email ID on which the test invite was received
2. Sending a webform request
3. Calling IRCC
4. Ordering GCMS notes.
5. Email ID on which the oath invite was received
Thanks! I did get a test invite, back in June, from this email: IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Looks like my application is being processed at the Mississauga office. Does anyone know if they have known issues/a known backlog that would explain why my application hasn't moved in so long?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! I did get a test invite, back in June, from this email: IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Looks like my application is being processed at the Mississauga office. Does anyone know if they have known issues/a known backlog that would explain why my application hasn't moved in so long?
That's Mississauga Office, yes.

There's backlog in almost all offices, unfortunately. Hopefully, you'll receive it soon.

Good luck!

Tay208

Nov 23, 2021
APP Date: 09/24/2020
Delivered: 09/28/2020
AOR Date: 01/20:2021
Text Invite: 06/19/2021 - 07/09/2021
Text taken : 06/19/2021
Test completed: 06/24/2021
FG Requested: 07/ 27/2021
FG Taken. : 07/28/2021
FG Rvd & Completed : 08/24/2021
Prohibition,Language skills, background check, physical presence updated to completed. : 11/22/2021
Oath Ceremony: Not started Yet

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got scheduled for an oath ceremony on the 1st of December!

New Brunswick - Fredericton
Citizenship Test 12 June
DM 28 July

Good luck to all of you guys,
The long waiting game will come to an end, eventually
Can you please share your detailed timeline?

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Good News
i have been scheduled for Oath of Citizenship on Dec 09 ,2021
Status Updated Today
So happy
Best Wished for all of you
i know how much frustrating is this whole process.
Congratulations happy for you, don't know what's wrong with application it's in DM state and still no update

Reactions: smilysmoke19