+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Fyi .. I got my Oath Invitation email with instructions for Oath scheduled December 3rd (Oath Ceremony Schedule (status Waiting on you) was updated Nov 17th, so got the email with instructions 3 days later (Nov 20th) and 12 days before the ceremony). Thanks

Reactions: SHIVAAY and MaryC

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
System updated Nov 17th to say I have to do my test from Nov 25th

Reactions: MaryC

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Fyi .. I got my Oath Invitation email with instructions for Oath scheduled December 3rd (Oath Ceremony Schedule (status Waiting on you) was updated Nov 17th, so got the email with instructions 3 days later (Nov 20th) and 12 days before the ceremony). Thanks
Yes I got the instructions as well.. Almost getting there lol

Reactions: johnbro and MaryC

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Do you know what’s the ID required for the minor in the oath ceremony? I lost my son’s health card which I used in the application and orders for a new one last week. As an ID I have only his passport. No I didn’t get any invitation. Just need to know so that I can be prepared.
Minors are not required to show identification with a signature. So any ID should be fine. The PR Card and foreign passport should be sufficient.

Reactions: Rehan123

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My and my wife’s application got decision made today. All things have been updated except the Oath after 4 months and 8 days of test completion and the passport copies sent.
It’s Mississauga office.

My son is a minor. His status is still In Process.
Only update in his file is prohibition completed with us today. I think it is okay. Isn’t it?

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
My and my wife’s application got decision made today. All things have been updated except the Oath after 4 months and 8 days of test completion and the passport copies sent.
It’s Mississauga office.

My son is a minor. His status is still In Process.
Only update in his file is prohibition completed with us today. I think it is okay. Isn’t it?
That's correct. for minors only "prohibition completed". Hope you will get a oath updates in couple of weeks.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Yeah but not the conditional approval process AFAIK. I mean, you can still apply for it and get conditionally approved I think, however, you can't attend an interview. Could be wrong.
I have a Nexus card that I got while I had my Canadian PR (Indian Passport).
Do I need to show them the Indian passport when I go to change my citizenship?

Also, when you surrender your Indian passport, you get it back but cancelled, right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a Nexus card that I got while I had my Canadian PR (Indian Passport).
Do I need to show them the Indian passport when I go to change my citizenship?

Also, when you surrender your Indian passport, you get it back but cancelled, right?
Not sure but if I were you, I'd take both passports when updating details on Nexus.

And yes, you'll get the cancelled passport back.

Reactions: ajtoronto

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
You guys, I am so pissed off. After writing the test over 4 months ago and sending my passport copies - I have a citizenship interview scheduled for next month IN PERSON ALL THE WAY IN SCARBOROUGH!!!!! I live in Etobicoke btw.

I AM SO PISSED OFF. Has anybody done the interview? what is the interview about?

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hello,

I had ordered atip notes a few months ago, and I have some parts such as Knowledge, which has a field due date 28/11/2021, what does this date mean ?

I'm a sept 2020 applicant, sent my PP copies on 15 th sept, MTL office, now news since

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
How does one determine which office is working on their application?

I haven't had any movement on my file since July and even though my test was marked completed on June 10th they still haven't made a decision -- nothing odd about my application -- so I'm wondering if maybe there's something going on at the office where my application is being processed (but don't know which one it is)

I sent a GMCS notes request almost 3 months ago but never heard back...is there any other way to find out?
Can anyone help me with my question?

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
You guys, I am so pissed off. After writing the test over 4 months ago and sending my passport copies - I have a citizenship interview scheduled for next month IN PERSON ALL THE WAY IN SCARBOROUGH!!!!! I live in Etobicoke btw.

I AM SO PISSED OFF. Has anybody done the interview? what is the interview about?
Did you have a lot of travel going on ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

They'll simply review all the information and documents provided in the application. Just be sure to carry the originals of ALL documents that you submitted with your citizenship application (including the IELTS test report if you submitted that).

Looks like they've gone from online to in-person interview now as the country re-opens.

The interview is a rather simple process. If all the information in the application and the physical presence calculator and your documents are valid, you should be good to go.