+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
honestly i wish i waited 3 months to apply. some applicants from march 2021 in ottawa already have oath scheduled... while i didnt even do the test yet
Yeah. This is brutal.

Prioritizing people who apply later is such a slap in the face for people lagging behind.

Please continue to take my tax dollars and continue to give me a garbage service, oh benevolent government agency.

Reactions: omarnabsws

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Anyone in Mississauga center that is waiting for Oath date after DM? Has anyone crossed the 3 month avg time for this step yet ? Guessing since holidays are coming up the next updates would be in Jan 22
Hi! I'm not in Mississauga (I'm Montreal office), and it has been 4.5 months after DM.. o_O
I really thought I would be done with this by now..

• Wow
Reactions: johnbro

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two weeks back I changed my address from Brampton to Cambridge (45 mintues drive) in the system. I have been waiting for an update for more than four months after sending passport and completion of test. But no update from the greatest Mississauga office.

Do you guys think they will move my file to nearby office at this stage?

I talked with an agent about the address change, he didn’t say anything about the transfer of file but he confirmed my application won’t be non-routine after changing the address, which delays the application

Though I don’t have an issue whether it moves or stay in Mississauga office as I loose hope on them. I just need your opinion on that. Thanks .

Last edited:

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Two weeks back I changed my address from Brampton to Cambridge (45 mintues drive) in the system. I have been waiting for an update for more than four months after sending passport and completion of test. But no update from the greatest Mississauga office.

Do you guys think they will move my file to nearby office at this stage?

I talked with an agent about the address change, he didn’t say anything about the transfer of file but he confirmed my application won’t be non-routine after changing the address, which delays the application

Though I don’t have an issue whether it moves or stay in Mississauga office as I loose hope on them. I just need your opinion on that. Thanks .
Cambridge applications get processed at Kitchener office, which is one of the slowest offices … probably would be better for you if they don’t transfer your file.

Reactions: Rehan123

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cambridge applications get processed at Kitchener office, which is one of the slowest offices … probably would be better for you if they don’t transfer your file.
Hmmm But for me now there is no progress in Mississauga also…it depends on applicants to applicants in every local office.

Anyways I just talked with my neighbour. They applied while they were in Toronto and after 4 months of changing the address their office is still Scarborough. They got their test invitation from Scarborough office last month.

Reactions: hawat

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Update on my file finally.. Oath Scheduled for December 3, 2021. Mississauga Office
Congrats and I have also been scheduled for December 3rd for Oath.

It says "
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 3, 2021.

Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us."

"We sent" it says, did you receive any email already or is it usually sent 1 week before ?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

It says "

The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us."

"We sent" it says, did you receive any email already or is it usually sent 1 week before ?

Thanks
Update on my file finally.. Oath Scheduled for December 3, 2021. Mississauga Office
Congrats guys!

@johnbro => I have updated the spreadsheet!

Reactions: johnbro

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016

It says "

Thanks
I am guessing its will be sent a week before the Oath. No email received yet.