+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Dear Seniors, a very quick question. How much time they are taking from test completion to oath invitation? Is there a rough estimate or time range? Just asking because I can go back to sleep again and not bother them even by thinking about them.
Here's the processing time summary for 2021. At the time of this writing, the average time of Oath invitation is 86 days (57 days to Decision made and 29 days from DM to oath invitation).

:D Have a restful sleep...

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hi Folks - Anyone know what the next steps are if one doesn't receive their citizenship certificate 4 weeks after the oath? Do we just submit a solemn declaration to IRCC or apply for a new citizenship certificate? Note that the latter costs $75 and takes over 15 months - and according to the application form, it does not apply to people who have never received their certificate.. (unless I'm mistaken)..

Any inputs from people who have faced this situation, or know of those who have, would be helpful...

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Folks - Anyone know what the next steps are if one doesn't receive their citizenship certificate 4 weeks after the oath? Do we just submit a solemn declaration to IRCC or apply for a new citizenship certificate? Note that the latter costs $75 and takes over 15 months - and according to the application form, it does not apply to people who have never received their certificate.. (unless I'm mistaken)..

Any inputs from people who have faced this situation, or know of those who have, would be helpful...

TIA
If you apply for new citizenship certificate, it'll take 15 months.

Contact the local office on the same email you received oath invitation and let them know you didn't receive your certificate yet. Wait for a few more days. Could take up to 6 weeks

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear @rajkamalmohanram and other seniors, a very quick question. Did some weird road trips to USA (like Yukon to Alaska and Alberta to Montana) and hence not sure how not so tech equipped forested/mountainous border crossing documented my travel. Once I remember they just saw the papers from a distance and let me in (all valid papers though). My application was on the fine line of 1095 days. Will they allow me an opportunity to prove if they find that I am a few days short or outright deny my application? To my knowledge I can atleast prove/justify my day counts. Please help.

Another quick question to @rajkamalmohanram: At what stage the physical presence gets marked as completed?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dear @rajkamalmohanram and other seniors, a very quick question. Did some weird road trips to USA (like Yukon to Alaska and Alberta to Montana) and hence not sure how not so tech equipped forested/mountainous border crossing documented my travel. Once I remember they just saw the papers from a distance and let me in (all valid papers though). My application was on the fine line of 1095 days. Will they allow me an opportunity to prove if they find that I am a few days short or outright deny my application? To my knowledge I can atleast prove/justify my day counts. Please help.

Another quick question to @rajkamalmohanram: At what stage the physical presence gets marked as completed?

TIA
As long as you meet the requirements and physical presence, you should fine. Any day you were in Canada even for a minute is considered as 1 day of physical presence.

Physical Presence is usually verified and set to "Completed" around the same time as "Language" and "Prohibitions". This happens shortly before a decision is made on your application.

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
I ordered GCMS notes under privacy act, they emailed me with temporary tracking number, what does that mean, where do I track my notes?

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Gcms notes under privacy act and the other one where we have to pay $5 are they the same ? Or any difference?