+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does anyone know how often they update the system? I had fingerprints done by RCMP on Aug 13th and the status checker still says "waiting on you". I'm hoping they have received them but just not updated the system yet.

@rajkamalmohanram congratulations!
Updates happen usually in the morning around 6 AM EST AFAIK. There might be other batch windows (sometime between 10:30 and 11 AM as well because that's when I saw my test notification got updated).

NV1986

Nov 13, 2017
Hello,

Need Suggestion...

I have one question, I have applied my citizenship and my parents PR last year. Citizenship I applied myself and Parents PR, my lawyer has applied so he mentioned his email address.

CIC has changed my email address in citizenship application to my lawyers email address and my lawyer got citizenship test notification letter on his email address.

Question : During test email address access is required? because I donto have access of my lawyers email address and now CIC Call Centre are not picking up the phone.

Question:2 what are the documents I need to bring with me during citizenship Test?

Thanks in advance

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello,

Need Suggestion...

I have one question, I have applied my citizenship and my parents PR last year. Citizenship I applied myself and Parents PR, my lawyer has applied so he mentioned his email address.

CIC has changed my email address in citizenship application to my lawyers email address and my lawyer got citizenship test notification letter on his email address.

Question : During test email address access is required? because I donto have access of my lawyers email address and now CIC Call Centre are not picking up the phone.

Question:2 what are the documents I need to bring with me during citizenship Test?

Thanks in advance
Q1: The test link is sent by email. You will need to access the email once you decide to start your test. Once you get the test link, you will not need access to the email as the link is valid till the test is complete.

Q2: (extract from invitation letter)
To take the online test you will need:
A photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
o your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) or
o a valid (not expired) ID such as driver’s license or health card

Your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)

The email address you provided on your application form
o or the email address you most recently provided through the Web form or Client Support Centre before you get the test invitation

If applicable, you will need your representative’s email address (the email in the IMM 5476
form)

A desktop computer, laptop, or tablet

A working webcam

A reliable Internet connection

A Chrome or Safari web browser

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

Need Suggestion...

Thanks in advance
Q1: The test link is sent by email. You will need to access the email once you decide to start your test. Once you get the test link, you will not need access to the email as the link is valid till the test is complete.

Q2: (extract from invitation letter)
To take the online test you will need:
A photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
o your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) or
o a valid (not expired) ID such as driver’s license or health card

Your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)

The email address you provided on your application form
o or the email address you most recently provided through the Web form or Client Support Centre before you get the test invitation

If applicable, you will need your representative’s email address (the email in the IMM 5476
form)

A desktop computer, laptop, or tablet

A working webcam

A reliable Internet connection

A Chrome or Safari web browser
In addition to what @Hot2Cold has already mentioned, there is an option to have the test link sent to your email address instead before starting the test. You can use that option and provide your email ID so that the test link is sent there. Once you have the link, you can login and take the test.

Good luck!

Kaurbal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Fingerprint received-August 29,2021.
Background verification- completed, updated today. What could be the next one?

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi All,
Happy to share. Finally collected passport from st catherine office. Thanks to Raj and Everyone for helping, to achieve this milestone during long journey. I am yet to follow up with CIC for my wife's application. Not sure, where it is, and we have similar travel history. But, Still CIC is CIC. Her application is in process from June 2020.

On the otherside, I am happy at least, the process for myself and children were completed. Again, thank you everyone.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi All,
Happy to share. Finally collected passport from st catherine office. Thanks to Raj and Everyone for helping, to achieve this milestone during long journey. I am yet to follow up with CIC for my wife's application. Not sure, where it is, and we have similar travel history. But, Still CIC is CIC. Her application is in process from June 2020.

On the otherside, I am happy at least, the process for myself and children were completed. Again, thank you everyone.
Hi Nathaniel, when did you submit your application at St Catherine? Was it walk in or with appt?

Reactions: nathaniel_d

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

Congratulations and all the very best!

Reactions: nathaniel_d