+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Sep 1, 2020
Just got an email from the local office! The agent assigned to my case took an extended leave of absence and that's why my file had been sitting dormant.

A Senior Officer has been now assigned to my urgent processing case, and they emailed me to request to provide the scanned copy of all pages of passports for the past 10 years. They told me that as soon as I send in the passports through email, they will make a decision immediately.

My theory is that my 2nd urgent request had more solid basis than the 1st.

I only have a handful of entry/exits stamps, so shall I get them translated? I was contacted directly by the officer, so I am thinking maybe translations of those few stamps are not relevant.

wink

May 25, 2021
Its all done guys! I'm finally a Canadian Citizen :) . I have requested expedited processing for citizenship certificate so that I can apply for the federal job for which UP was approved (and I also have a trip coming up soon).

I have signed and submitted the confirmation of oath form (signed electronically).

I'll be posting a detailed experience soon.
Congratulations!
Feeling happy as if I crossed the finish line. All the best with the rest of the steps.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Congratulations!
Feeling happy as if I crossed the finish line. All the best with the rest of the steps.
Congrats Bro! that's amazingly fast! you just took the oath yesterday!

so the next step is to apply for passport. How soon will you be able to get it? any idea?
Congratulation, Raj! Very well deserved. Thank you so much for helping so many people on this forum.
Wow, fast! Congrats!
Thanks a LOT guys. I walked into Mississauga Passport office and they told me that they are accepting walk-ins from applicants who have travel before 29th August (Sunday). My travel is on Tuesday (31st August). I was asked to scan a QR code and submit a request which I did. They told me they'll give me a call within 2 days and I can then submit an in-person appointment for urgent processing.

Last edited: