+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Moonyflower

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey @bellaluna => Could you please confirm if the "Effective Date of Citizenship" printed on your citizenship certificate is the same as the date you took your oath, thank you!
Yes, it definitely is.

Ya that’s weird. I know for sure you can use American passport but may be they changed something recently when they decided to open the borders as this part is updated recently on the website.
Wouldn’t be surprised if CBSA has different rules especially since they’re on strike lol

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All,

I called the IRCC call centre at 8.30 AM and again at 2.30 PM and chose Application Status option (at level 3 options) the other two options were 'Change Contact info ..' and 'verification document status of original application or something. After choosing option 1 then I believe I chose 'Citizenship' then Citizenship status check at level 4-5. I get the message for checking applicaton status all agents are busy .. go online or you can try later and the call disconnected.

My question, I am trying to see if my scanned passport copies are updated on my file. Does anyone know what options to choose to get to a live agent to get this information ?

Also, I sent a webform requesting the status of my scanned passport copy on my file. I also wrote on the last line 'Just in case I am attaching the scanned color passport copies and its translations' and attached the files. Is it acceptable via web form if my email was lost or they missed it somehow .. would they update the files if its not already done ?

Thanks in advance
Hi Can anyone who has sometime please answer this question if you have called the call center. Thanks

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I just received a request to send them all my passport pages. I was hoping to receive the oath ceremony invitation soon, but I guess it's not there yet. ☹

I am supposed to mail them or send them by courier. I thought other folks had to email them, so I am a bit surprised.

Anyway, sending it today and will see what's next.
Also, it's the Scarborough office.

Edit: also, I am wondering if I should provide a translation. All passport pages are in English (the passport is Polish, but I think according to European Union law it needs to be in English as well, and it is). The stamps themselves -- any suggestion when they need to be translated? I was travelling between Canada, Europe, China, Indonesia etc. So there will be a mix of the stamps.

And another question: if the translation is needed, can I email these pages to some translator office? My trouble is that I am leaving Canada for a couple of weeks next week, and I need to do it all asap, so I am looking for as fast solution as possible.

Thanks for all tips and suggestions! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just received a request to send them all my passport pages. I was hoping to receive the oath ceremony invitation soon, but I guess it's not there yet. ☹

I am supposed to mail them or send them by courier. I thought other folks had to email them, so I am a bit surprised.

Anyway, sending it today and will see what's next.
Also, it's the Scarborough office.

Edit: also, I am wondering if I should provide a translation. All passport pages are in English (the passport is Polish, but I think according to European Union law it needs to be in English as well, and it is). The stamps themselves -- any suggestion when they need to be translated? I was travelling between Canada, Europe, China, Indonesia etc. So there will be a mix of the stamps.

And another question: if the translation is needed, can I email these pages to some translator office? My trouble is that I am leaving Canada for a couple of weeks next week, and I need to do it all asap, so I am looking for as fast solution as possible.

Thanks for all tips and suggestions! :)
That's unusual.

I've updated the spreadsheet.

Good luck and keep us posted.

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Thanks, I was just updating the spreadsheet myself and was wondering why it changes some txt :D

Anyway, hearing that this is unusual makes me a bit stressed...

Any advice on translating the stamps?

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I am actually wondering if I need to translate those stamps after all. In the document it's written:

You are required to provide complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were valid during your five (5) year Eligibility Period*, even if now expired. You must provide a colour photocopy of every page (including blank pages without any stamps).

Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.
However, the document itself is in English, and there is nothing specifically about translating stamps.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.