+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
Hi Raj & All,
Finally, I became a Canadian Citizen. Attended Oath Ceremony. The details as follows:

1. Enter your Zoom ID and Password (I logged 30 mins before)
2. Administrator will allocate Room number
3. You are waiting in the Private room
3. Someone will join (different than Administrator) to check Driving License, Health Card (for kids) and PR cards, Completed Oath forms
4. You are waiting to join in common room where everyone will be there along with Judge
5. Judge will advise to take oath
6. O Canada - Video play
7. Back to private room - To cut PR cards and sign Oath form in front of the official (This person is same as who initially checked all the documents)
8. If you say yes to take photos with Judge, you will be back to private room
9. Judge will join , where you can take pictures with him/her
10. Leave meeting room

I did send signed forms to email address that they provided in Oath letter.

Thanks Raj and everyone for their continues support.

Still, i need to follow up with CIC for my wife application......:):)
Congrats!

How long did the ceremony take from start to finish? Also you mentioned you logged in 30 mins before, did that help in terms of starting early or it all started on time? I would assume the actual Oath part likely doesn't take longer than 5 to 10 mins.

Must be a relief to get it all done!

Reactions: nathaniel_d

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Congrats!

How long did the ceremony take from start to finish? Also you mentioned you logged in 30 mins before, did that help in terms of starting early or it all started on time? I would assume the actual Oath part likely doesn't take longer than 5 to 10 mins.

Must be a relief to get it all done!
Thank you!
Overall duration around 01 hour 30 mins. No benefit, even if you join early. I thought could be helpful. However, you have to wait until they allow you. With Judge around 10-15 mins.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you!
Overall duration around 01 hour 30 mins. No benefit, even if you join early. I thought could be helpful. However, you have to wait until they allow you. With Judge around 10-15 mins.
Hey, quick question. Was "Seat #" populated in your oath invitation? In my invitation, there is the "Seat #" field but it is empty.

Reactions: nathaniel_d

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Congratulation @nathaniel_d . So happy that the September folks are getting things done finally.
I have a question please. Can I change my address during the oath ceremony when I meet with the judge or the officer? Does he/she ask if I still live in the same address and if it changed just recently before the ceremony itself, would that be a problem then?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No, dual citizen ( American Canadian ) can use their American passport to enter Canada.
Yeah, this is what I know as well, but it looks like IRCC has contradicting info on their own website, vs. the info that @rajkamalmohanram provided.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1167&top=16

Congratulation @nathaniel_d . So happy that the September folks are getting things done finally.
I have a question please. Can I change my address during the oath ceremony when I meet with the judge or the officer? Does he/she ask if I still live in the same address and if it changed just recently before the ceremony itself, would that be a problem then?
Shouldn’t be any problem to do this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: bellaluna

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I do not see any issues. They asked me, since how long i am staying in this address. They confirmed again to dispatch the certificate right address.