+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
UP requests are approved on a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, we can't "make them" process the application urgently. The officer processing the application makes the decision of whether or not to approve the UP request.

All you can do is request IRCC. Approval or Denial decision of the UP request rests with them.

Go ahead and send them another request via webform and provide all supporting documentation. Good luck.
What kinda supporting documents?

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Well, documents that prove the need for urgent processing like job letter/description showing Canadian citizenship is needed etc.
Yh CAF need a proof of citizenship which I don’t have but I fit into one of their telecommunication technician job so I don’t know what should I provide ?should I go into CAF in Edmonton office and ask them to provide a letter that citizenship is needed for this job and if they write it down on a piece of paper would that be enough ?

thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yh CAF need a proof of citizenship which I don’t have but I fit into one of their telecommunication technician job so I don’t know what should I provide ?should I go into CAF in Edmonton office and ask them to provide a letter that citizenship is needed for this job and if they write it down on a piece of paper would that be enough ?

thanks
That really depends. Depends on the office and the officer processing your application. Submit all the documentation that you can possibly get (relevant documentation) including your education and work experience to show that you are suited for the job. The rest is up to IRCC.

Good luck!

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015

thanks
You need to apply and get a letter from them asking you to submit Canadian Citizenship proof. Use that letter to apply for UP.

Reactions: micky007

ameesha

Mar 18, 2021
You will NOT be receiving your passport as part of the citizenship process.
You will have to apply for it separately once you receive your citizenship certificate.
Thanks for your response. Yes I realize that. Just checking, how long does it take for the passport to be sent to you once you apply (I assume you can apply for your passport two days after your oath ceremony?). I am asking as I have a job interview scheduled, but I need to tell them timeline for my citizenship.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your response. Yes I realize that. Just checking, how long does it take for the passport to be sent to you once you apply (I assume you can apply for your passport two days after your oath ceremony?). I am asking as I have a job interview scheduled, but I need to tell them timeline for my citizenship.
First, you'll have to receive your citizenship certificate. When the oath ceremonies were in-person, you'd get the citizenship certificate on the same day as the ceremony. Now, since the ceremonies are online, the certificates will be mailed to you. Depending on your office and where you are located, it might take a few days to a few weeks to receive your citizenship certificate.

You can apply for a passport as soon as you receive the citizenship certificate. If you want it to be mailed out quickly, request the clerk at the end of the ceremony.

If you are looking to apply for an urgent passport or an express pickup, you'll need to request that and pay the extra fee.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html#urgent

Urgent or express service
You must apply for urgent or express services in person.

Additional fees apply.

Our service standards for urgent and express service are
  • urgent pick-up: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days
We try our best to meet our service standards, but we aren’t liable for any losses as a result of the passport not being issued or delivered to you or your child in time. We recommend you don’t finalize any travel plans until you get your passport.
Depending on the service you apply for, you could receive your passport by the end of next business day and up to 9 business days.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ameesha

ameesha

Mar 18, 2021
First, you'll have to receive your citizenship certificate. When the oath ceremonies were in-person, you'd get the citizenship certificate on the same day as the ceremony. Now, since the ceremonies are online, the certificates will be mailed to you. Depending on your office and where you are located, it might take a few days to a few weeks to receive your citizenship certificate.

You can apply for a passport as soon as you receive the citizenship certificate. If you want it to be mailed out quickly, request the clerk at the end of the ceremony.

If you are looking to apply for an urgent passport or an express pickup, you'll need to request that and pay the extra fee.

Depending on the service you apply for, you could receive your passport by the end of next business day and up to 9 business days.

Good luck.
Thanks Raj!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

NASBD

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
PNP-12FEB,2016,. CIC- 10 MAY,2016
Nomination.....
14 APRIL,2016
AOR Received.
18 JULY, 2016
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.
Med's Request
2 MAY, 2017
Med's Done....
12 MAY,2017( PASSED)
Passport Req..
NOV 8, 2017
Dear Folks
Tracker updated to in progress ( OATH), August 7, 2021
Schedule for oath on December 2nd, 2021.
Decision made: August 3, 2021.