+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
All Items are marked as complete and Decision made in ECAS as on 22nd July 2021 for my Family application.
CONGRATULATIONS!

I've updated the spreadsheet.

Looks like September 2020 applicants from the GTA have started receiving DM :) .

Fingers crossed!

All the very best people! We might see more DMs in the coming weeks!

@deepdheer => Do you know which local office is processing your application? Is it Mississauga?

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hi All,

I have an update. Received Oath Invitation from Mississauga Office, and will be on August 8. Myself and Children.

I have a doubt, I choose for my children to participate in Oath, As a results they received Oath invitation along with Zoom Id and other details. Do they need to login separately with their Zoom details or Can they join with me?

Thank you rajkamalmohanram ,dpenabill, anton1990 and other members on this forum for their advise and valuble support.

I will keep you posted once the oath is done.
Thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS! That's fantastic! :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hello everyone,I got a fingerprints request on 19 July on tracker and received email request on 22 July in my email .It’s already done.How it will after this to finalize my application from text date to passport ?I am September 2020 applicant.why are they taking so long 10 months already and no test date seriously

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013
Just a quick question, I applied from Montreal in September 2020. I moved to Halifax in January 2021. I did the change of address via ECAS. Could this move have caused any delays in my application?

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
CONGRATULATIONS!

Hey, I have a quick question. Aren't you a June applicant from Burlington? I have updated your entry in the June spreadsheet.

Could you please provide the date your application went to "Decision Made" status? Usually, this is the same date when "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed".

No, all of you can use one link to join the ceremony if you are in the same room. You don't have to connect using separate links AFAIK.

Hi Raj,

I have submitted two applications, first one in June when i was in Burlington, and received AOR for the same.

My second application was submitted for urgent process due to offer with Armed forces in September when moved to Mississauga. CPC Sydney was accepted my urgent request and processed in a week. However, Mississauga office did not approve my Urgent request. I came to know later that the Urgent request shall be accepted local visa office also.

Finally, my September is faster than June as initial acceptance by the Sydney. BTW, CPC did not process my first application. So, I am kind of September applicant.

Sweet and shot, I received two AORs but CPC processed September one, and it is final one.

June 5 - Decision Made

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Do you get to choose children just for oath? I assume that you applied for citizenship for your children along with your application hence they sent oath invite for them too, correct?
I choose an option to attend Oath for children when i filled their applications. Citizenship application (CIT 0003 (03-2020) E), Question # 11, you can choose for minor children if they would like to attend OATH

Citizenship application (CIT 0003 (03-2020) E), Question # 11

If the minor is under 14 years of age, check the box to indicate if they would like to attend a citizenship ceremony.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,

I have submitted two applications, first one in June when i was in Burlington, and received AOR for the same.

My second application was submitted for urgent process due to offer with Armed forces in September when moved to Mississauga. CPC Sydney was accepted my urgent request and processed in a week. However, Mississauga office did not approve my Urgent request. I came to know later that the Urgent request shall be accepted local visa office also.

Finally, my September is faster than June as initial acceptance by the Sydney. BTH, CPC did not process my first application. So, I am kind of September applicant.

Sweet and shot, I received two AORs but CPC processed September one, and it is final one.

June 5 - Decision Made
Thank you. I should probably move your entry to the September spreadsheet because it makes more sense.

Could you please provide the details in the following format for the application in September, please?

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed" date

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just a quick question, I applied from Montreal in September 2020. I moved to Halifax in January 2021. I did the change of address via ECAS. Could this move have caused any delays in my application?
Well, there could have been a file transfer that happened and that might have contributed to some delay. You'll have to get your GCMS notes or wait for your test invite to see which office is processing your application. Then, you can know if Montreal office is still processing your application or Halifax is.

Good luck.

Reactions: sajid7x7

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,I got a fingerprints request on 19 July on tracker and received email request on 22 July in my email .It’s already done.How it will after this to finalize my application from text date to passport ?I am September 2020 applicant.why are they taking so long 10 months already and no test date seriously
Well, you are not alone. Unfortunately, there are several applicants in the same situation. First and foremost, do you know which office is processing your application. Getting a fingerprint request might be contributing to some of the delay.

What is the status of your BG checks?

Also, Canadian passport is a separate process. IMO, for the citizenship process, you should consider the timeline from when the application reaches IRCC till you take oath (may be till you get your Citizenship certificate). There has been a backlog for oath as well. Test invites were very bad early on but it seems to have picked up a little bit.

If your BG checks are complete, you can expect a test invite in the near future.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I choose an option to attend Oath for children when i filled their applications. Citizenship application (CIT 0003 (03-2020) E), Question # 11, you can choose for minor children if they would like to attend OATH

Citizenship application (CIT 0003 (03-2020) E), Question # 11

If the minor is under 14 years of age, check the box to indicate if they would like to attend a citizenship ceremony.
Ok thanks. Good to know. It was not there when i applied.

Reactions: nathaniel_d

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
Passed the citizenship test today - rajkamalmohanram, you can update the spreadsheet, please :)

Application (Single) sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 23, 2020
Days: 1114
AOR: 23 January 2021 (in ECAS only, AOR via email received on 1 February 2021)
In process: 3 March 2021
Application status update on 9 July: scheduled for citizenship test
Test window: 23 July to 12 August
Test invite: 20 July 2021
Test date: 24 July (test passed)

highmadness

Dec 30, 2016
Hello,
I sent my application on 25th Sep 2020 from Brampton.
I received my AOR in 21st Dec 2020.
My Background status completed on Mar 17th, then no progress.
I see many people who got their AOR and BG cleared later have got the test invite, Any idea why this delay for me?

Thanks