Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@rajkamalmohanram I called IRCC to check the status of my application. My application is still in Registry. The guy on call said that Registry means that the file is in a common pool of files and any officer can pick up my file anytime and work on it.
Being in Registry status does not mean that the local office is not working on that file when in fact it is being worked on.
@rajkamalmohanram The guy also mentioned that if you don't get an interview request for 4 weeks after your test is passed and complete, then you will straight get an invite for an oath, and the chances of the applicant getting called for an interview or additional documents are very slim.

Let's see how true is his claim (the person on call from IRCC was Daniel) since my file has already passed 2.5 weeks since test passed
Thanks Rafzy. Seems you got hold of someone with some knowledge in the call center. Good information.
Yes, looks like he is knowing little bit and its true that most interview gaps are within a months.

Of course, cic does recruit/train some people, if not all. Not bad.;)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
@rajkamalmohanram just out of curiosity, does the "notes" column need to be so detailed? Each row is ballooned out because of such notes.

• Haha

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
@rajkamalmohanram The guy also mentioned that if you don't get an interview request for 4 weeks after your test is passed and complete, then you will straight get an invite for an oath, and the chances of the applicant getting called for an interview or additional documents are very slim.

Let's see how true is his claim (the person on call from IRCC was Daniel) since my file has already passed 2.5 weeks since test passed
Hopefully that's the case. This Friday will be exactly 4 weeks since I took the test and so far I got nothing since then. No requests for interview, fingerprints or passports, and no updates in the tracker.

Fingers crossed

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully that's the case. This Friday will be exactly 4 weeks since I took the test and so far I got nothing since then. No requests for interview, fingerprints or passports, and no updates in the tracker.

Fingers crossed
But interview or passport copies are the quick trigger for DM and oath. So we will have disadvantage if we dont receive one of these, if at all the DM doesnt happen in 6-8 weeks. Thinking...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
But interview or passport copies are the quick trigger for DM and oath. So we will have disadvantage if we dont receive one of these, if at all the DM doesnt happen in 6-8 weeks. Thinking...
This line of thinking is also correct. I've seen applicants get DM not too late after getting a passport pages request. Also, if you get an interview, the application is set to "Decision Made" in a couple of days after the interview usually.

I'd say this is actually better than waiting without any updates from IRCC for a while.

Reactions: harirajmohan

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay, so I just got off call with an agent now from IRCC. According to him, the webform response was probably a false alarm because he mentioned that the documents might have been received by IRCC but someone has to manually download the file and then attach it with the application.

He said that there is very little chance that documents weren't delivered - As long as the email shows "Sent" in my inbox, he assured me that IRCC would have received the email.

I also asked about the "Scanned Files" location in my GCMS notes and he didn't know the exact answer. However, he mentioned that it appears that my file has been digitized (isn't this done at the time of AOR?). He also said that the next update would be the oath ceremony letter if physical presence validation has no issues.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Okay, so I just got off call with an agent now from IRCC. According to him, the webform response was probably a false alarm because he mentioned that the documents might have been received by IRCC but someone has to manually download the file and then attach it with the application.

He said that there is very little chance that documents weren't delivered - As long as the email shows "Sent" in my inbox, he assured me that IRCC would have received the email.

I also asked about the "Scanned Files" location in my GCMS notes and he didn't know the exact answer. However, he mentioned that it appears that my file has been digitized (isn't this done at the time of AOR?). He also said that the next update would be the oath ceremony letter if physical presence validation has no issues.
Yes, file delivery is non issue for sure.

Possibly he is not much knowing internals like a regular cic call center guy. So he cant answer on scanned files location.
Surely its all in the system before which i doubt that we get AOR. If we look at all entries of absence, we can find that its all entered in the system by AOR stage. So he doesnt know or he is talking something related to new system they brought up which they are trying sync up. May be.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Received email about FP today. Got 90 days to submit. After submission what to expect next
You simply have to wait until the FP status says "Received" on the dashboard and then your BG checks will be set to "Completed". Could take a few weeks.

I've updated the spreadsheet.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I called IRCC today.

Context: "Decision Made" appeared June 30th. Everything got "Completed" (except Citizenship Ceremony "Not started") also June 30th.

The agent (a lady called Maud) told me that the "Decision Made" means that I will not be called for an interview, they will not request extra documents and the next step is being invited to the ceremony by email.
When asked about the waiting time, I was told that usually it's 3 - 4 months after the Citizenship test. She told me that it can still happen that way for me, but due to the pandemic, it can also take a bit longer.

So, nothing new :)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
ROFL! We don't have anywhere else to put that information. I'd like to see details that can't be put in any other columns like FP request timelines, BG check completed dates etc.
We can add the notes to a comment field and remove it from the notes cell.

See what I did to my row (currently row 49). I moved all the notes to a comment and replace the cell with the text "See comment". It collapsed my row to a single row height.

EDIT: Of course any one can "Mark as resolved" and hide the comment, so care will need to be taken.
Alternatively, we could also use "Insert note"

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014

My wife's GCMS notes have come in. They were generated after the test, and the location is showing "Scanned files" too. It was 'generated' on the day we got the passport request, so I don't think it is related to the passport uploads.

Another thing is that I see a Paper File location of Registry with status expired. Do you see that too?

I should get my notes in a couple of weeks and I can see the difference then. It was requested after my Passport Request.