+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone. I received CSIS AITP note this week and it says my security check is still in progress!!!! I have submitted my finger print this week. My question is "does FP help in CSIS security check process or FP is only a part criminality check conducted by RCMP? Tnank you
Generally, FP request is a part of criminality clearance (RCMP). Security is done by CSIS.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Month and you are already fed up, good luck
Lol i have been fed up long time ago. Im just startled how can an Intelligence agency be so slow. The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. How can one of the 5 eyes be effected by COvid 19 and be so slow. LOL

Reactions: Moustafa33918

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Sorry for the long post.
Hey guys been a bit absent. Something funny happened with me recently.

I was outside of Canada for the last month and a half. I received the invitation to take the test but it said I must be present in Canada to take it.

It was due to expire on July 8th. I was flying back to Canada on July 4th, but considering the uncertainty and several previous cancelled flights, I sent them an email informing them of my plans and requesting an extension in the date of my test.

However I got back on the 4th, and passed the test.

Then I received an email a few days ago in response to my original request, the visa officer is asking me for proof of exiting Canada, and copy of ticket, boarding passes and entry stamp to Canada (upon my return). I asked them to disregard my request since I was back and already took the test, but they said that I have to provide them with whatever document/information they ask for.

Anyway I sent them a copy of my departure ticket, arrival stamps at the other country, departure stamp from the other country, copy of my return ticket.

However, I discarded my boarding passes a day after my arrival and the CBSA officer did not stamp my PP upon arrival.

So instead I sent them a copy of my post-arrival covid test at the airport (which has the date and location of the test on it), and I also sent them an invoice of my hotel stay (which has the check in and check out date and time).

I hope that's proof enough for them to know that I did indeed leave Canada and I am indeed back lol.

Anyway, just a tip for anyone travelling maybe keep your boarding passes and make sure the CBSA officers stamp your passports just in case.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Sorry for the long post.

I was outside of Canada for the last month and a half. I received the invitation to take the test but it said I must be present in Canada to take it.

It was due to expire on July 8th. I was flying back to Canada on July 4th, but considering the uncertainty and several previous cancelled flights, I sent them an email informing them of my plans and requesting an extension in the date of my test.

Then I received an email a few days ago in response to my original request, the visa officer is asking me for proof of exiting Canada, and copy of ticket, boarding passes and entry stamp to Canada (upon my return). I asked them to disregard my request since I was back and already took the test, but they said that I have to provide them with whatever document/information they ask for.

Anyway I sent them a copy of my departure ticket, arrival stamps at the other country, departure stamp from the other country, copy of my return ticket.

However, I discarded my boarding passes a day after my arrival and the CBSA officer did not stamp my PP upon arrival.

So instead I sent them a copy of my post-arrival covid test at the airport (which has the date and location of the test on it), and I also sent them an invoice of my hotel stay (which has the check in and check out date and time).

I hope that's proof enough for them to know that I did indeed leave Canada and I am indeed back lol.

Anyway, just a tip for anyone travelling maybe keep your boarding passes and make sure the CBSA officers stamp your passports just in case.
Cic has become really picky post pandemic. They are looking for anything to delay the applications for some reason.

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Cic has become really picky post pandemic. They are looking for anything to delay the applications for some reason.
Lol well let's hope this does not cause any delays as such.

It's just annoying, the fact that despite having access to our travel records from the CBSA (I authorized it in the forms), the burden is still upon us to provide proof of our travel.

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Lol well let's hope this does not cause any delays as such.

It's just annoying, the fact that despite having access to our travel records from the CBSA (I authorized it in the forms), the burden is still upon us to provide proof of our travel.
As long as you have no travels within your physical presence it should be alright.

Reactions: wfsoomro

Moustafa33918

Jun 29, 2021
Lol i have been fed up long time ago. Im just startled how can an Intelligence agency be so slow. The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. How can one of the 5 eyes be effected by COvid 19 and be so slow. LOL
Totally agree my friend

Reactions: luvtrump

Moustafa33918

Jun 29, 2021
Sorry for the long post.

I think now they are considering doing the test outside Canada

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Sorry for the long post.

When did you receive your test invite and from which location?
Some people were able to do the test from outside Canada . I’m not sure why it’s not consistent over all local offices :/