+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

Got the Test invite mail today Morning for me and my spouse.
I checked on the status of my application and below are the update. No major change, except update on 'Application History'

Language skills - In progress
Physical presence - In progress
Citizenship test - In progress
Background verification - Completed
Prohibitions - In progress
Citizenship ceremony - Not started

Application history
Jun 11, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test
Jun 4, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated

Can someone please update the tracker accodingy?
Updated! All the best!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Spare a thought for us out in the prairies! WAKE UP, Calgary office!

lifedrinktw

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
My online application status is still showing everything in progress.... Filled the web form asking about the status but got the reply of still in process too.
The online application status only shows:

Jan 19, 2021 - Application filed. We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

I submitted my application on September 24, 2020

Was wondering if this is normal? Just by seeing so many people here got testing invitation, makes me wonder if my application has issues.

Thank you for the help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My online application status is still showing everything in progress.... Filled the web form asking about the status but got the reply of still in process too.
The online application status only shows:

Jan 19, 2021 - Application filed. We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

I submitted my application on September 24, 2020

Was wondering if this is normal? Just by seeing so many people here got testing invitation, makes me wonder if my application has issues.

Thank you for the help.
Yeah this is normal. My application reached them on September 2nd, AOR on Dec 3rd, IP on Jan 28th, BG done on 9th March and "Test Ready" since March 24th (per GCMS notes), I'm still waiting for my test update. My Citizenship Test status is not even in progress yet. (The test dates appear about a week after your Citizenship Test status is set to "In Progress". )

BTW, what's the status of your BG checks on the new status dashboard?

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Looks like more Sep folks getting test invite this week! Great news! Anyone knows how long it takes from taking the test to getting the passport? roughly?

lifedrinktw

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Yeah this is normal. My application reached them on September 2nd, AOR on Dec 3rd, IP on Jan 28th, BG done on 9th March and "Test Ready" since March 24th (per GCMS notes), I'm still waiting for my test update. My Citizenship Test status is not even in progress yet. (The test dates appear about a week after your Citizenship Test status is set to "In Progress". )

BTW, what's the status of your BG checks on the new status dashboard?
Thanks for the reply. Everything is still in progress... on the online web: https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login, just as if they haven't even really looked at my application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Everything is still in progress... on the online web: https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login, just as if they haven't even really looked at my application.
The key thing here is that your BG checks are in progress. That means your application is stuck at criminality or security.

If your application is stuck in criminality, there is a good chance you'll be requested fingerprints.

Applicants mostly get stuck in criminality because their name is a common one and there was a hit/match with a person with a name/DOB who has a criminal record (in RCMP, FBI, Interpol and other police databases). RCMP issues criminality clearance. Criminality clearances are valid for 1 year.

If your application is stuck pending 'Security' checks, then the clearance is pending from CSIS. There is one case where an applicant was even interviewed directly by CSIS to rule out matches with someone else who might have been deemed a security risk (but this type of interview is very rare). Security checks include deeper look into your background to ensure that you are NOT the person that CSIS is looking for / has some adverse information about. This might also happen if you worked for police / military / intelligence or any kind of law enforcement agencies before (again, this is only one of the possibilities). Security clearances are valid for 4 years.

To find out where your application is stuck, you'll have to order GCMS notes. In GCMS notes, if you see 'Criminality' is 'In Progress', then it is stuck in criminality. However, if you see 'Criminality' set to 'Passed', then we can deduce that it is stuck in security.

Generally, you will NOT receive a test invite unless your BG checks are set to "Completed" (this includes both criminality and security) but I have seen some earlier applicants (from mid - late 2019) receive test invite along with a finger prints request. May be this is done to reduce processing time as they've already been waiting for a long time.

Last edited:

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@dsanchez Did you receive your test invitation email yet.

If you have received it OR once you receive it, please update the date you received your test invite email and once after you take the test. Thank you!

lifedrinktw

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
The key thing here is that your BG checks are in progress. That means your application is stuck at criminality or security.

If your application is stuck in criminality, there is a good chance you'll be requested fingerprints.

Applicants mostly get stuck in criminality because their name is a common one and there was a hit/match with a person with a name/DOB who has a criminal record (in RCMP, FBI, Interpol and other police databases). RCMP issues criminality clearance. Criminality clearances are valid for 1 year.

If your application is stuck pending 'Security' checks, then the clearance is pending from CSIS. There is one case where an applicant was even interviewed directly by CSIS to rule out matches with someone else who might have been deemed a security risk (but this type of interview is very rare). Security checks include deeper look into your background to ensure that you are NOT the person that CSIS is looking for / has some adverse information about. This might also happen if you worked for police / military / intelligence or any kind of law enforcement agencies before (again, this is only one of the possibilities). Security clearances are valid for 4 years.

To find out where your application is stuck, you'll have to order GCMS notes. In GCMS notes, if you see 'Criminality' is 'In Progress', then it is stuck in criminality. However, if you see 'Criminality' set to 'Passed', then we can deduce that it is stuck in security.

Generally, you will NOT receive a test invite unless your BG checks are set to "Completed" (this includes both criminality and security) but I have seen some earlier applicants (from mid - late 2019) receive test invite along with a finger prints request. May be this is done to reduce processing time as they've already been waiting for a long time.
Thank you for the advice. I will wait for another week or so and to get GCMS if there's still nothing on my account.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thankyou.

Do you have any idea whether any oaths are taking place for older applicants who have taken online tests a couple of months back?
There is no data for that. We don't collect the age of the applicants in the spreadsheet. Also, IMO, the age shouldn't matter and I personally don't think IRCC processes applications based on age (except when the applicant is over 55 or under 18, they will NOT take the test and that might result in faster processing times).