+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Hi Guys , some Updates and questions , Tracker Showed Background check completed on March 9 , notes showed Test Ready on April 15 , Tracker showed scheduled for Test on May 27 for a window of June 3 to June 24 , On June 2 i received actual email for me and my wife for Test from June 4 to June 24. I did my test on June 4 and passed but no update on tracker yet , my wife did it yesterday and passed but she made a mistake
1) in my case , how long does it take to update Tracker with test complete ? i have seen as quick as 2 days and as long as 3 months !! any idea what the variance depends on
2) my wife made the mistake that I have warned her about like a million time , she took her photo twice instead of PR card and herself . She emailed the office shortly after exam with PR card scan , any chance this will be accepted ( any recent incident) or it is another wait for re-test ?
3) any recent oath in Halifax area ? I have seen some waiting for few months after decision made

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
Hi guys,

when you submit ATIP request do you select the following criteria?:

Act: Access to Information Act
Type of Records: Immigration/Citizenship Records ?
What type of record would you like to request?: Citizenship
Which specific information are you looking for?: Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes

They also offer to attach some documents, do I need to attach anything? Somebody mentioned that it's free, but the website tells me to pay 5$ fee.

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi guys,

when you submit ATIP request do you select the following criteria?:

Act: Access to Information Act
Type of Records: Immigration/Citizenship Records ?
What type of record would you like to request?: Citizenship
Which specific information are you looking for?: Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes

They also offer to attach some documents, do I need to attach anything? Somebody mentioned that it's free, but the website tells me to pay 5$ fee.
No, It's not free. You need to pay 5$. You do not need to attach any documents. It is optional.

Dec 4, 2020
It is *Free* for PRs and citizens, you need to attach a copy of your PR card to prove you are a PR, also you need to use the Privacy Act option.
Attaching a proof is optional imo. I have received information from multiple federal agencies without having to provide an identity document. The form which you fill pretty much confirms your idnetity.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Guys , some Updates and questions , Tracker Showed Background check completed on March 9 , notes showed Test Ready on April 15 , Tracker showed scheduled for Test on May 27 for a window of June 3 to June 24 , On June 2 i received actual email for me and my wife for Test from June 4 to June 24. I did my test on June 4 and passed but no update on tracker yet , my wife did it yesterday and passed but she made a mistake
1) in my case , how long does it take to update Tracker with test complete ? i have seen as quick as 2 days and as long as 3 months !! any idea what the variance depends on
2) my wife made the mistake that I have warned her about like a million time , she took her photo twice instead of PR card and herself . She emailed the office shortly after exam with PR card scan , any chance this will be accepted ( any recent incident) or it is another wait for re-test ?
3) any recent oath in Halifax area ? I have seen some waiting for few months after decision made
Where do you see the notes showing test is ready?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Attaching a proof is optional imo. I have received information from multiple federal agencies without having to provide an identity document. The form which you fill pretty much confirms your idnetity.
right, but you are not allowed to request under the privacy act if you are not PR or citizen and you would have to go through a third party using the Acces to information act. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/request-privacy-act.html

Reactions: Mexontario

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Attaching id's to prove citizenship or PR status is required if information is being requested under privacy act and it is free.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Give it like a week.

Not sure but there are chances for test results to be invalidated because of this. If the results are invalidated, she might receive another test invite later.

You might get an interview after test. So, look out for that.

Reactions: wskamel

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
right, but you are not allowed to request under the privacy act if you are not PR or citizen and you would have to go through a third party using the Acces to information act. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/request-privacy-act.html
Attaching id's to prove citizenship or PR status is required if information is being requested under privacy act and it is free.
I don't think so. You don't have to be a PR or a Citizen. It says so in the same link you referenced.

To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada.
Anyone with a valid status residing in Canada can apply under Privacy Act if they are seeking information of their own application.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I don't think so. You don't have to be a PR or a Citizen. It says so in the same link you referenced.

Anyone with a valid status residing in Canada can apply under Privacy Act if they are seeking information of their own application.
Oh right, I missed that, but yeah you need to be in Canada to use the Privacy act. The $5 fee is for the access to information act.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Updated on the https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login but no other contact yet:

June 4: Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 11, 2021 and July 1, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Congrats! Please update me once you get the test invite email and once after you take the test.

Thanks.