+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi there,

I'm new in this forum and have a question - if the applicants are not required to pass the language test (older than the required age), should they expect to receive the interview invite around the same time others will receive the test invite?

Thanks
Possible, yes but there is no sufficient data to substantiate that claim. Generally, with no test requirement, the process should logically be a little faster. Not sure what the timelines are for applicants who are 55+.

You might want to look under the "Citizenship" topic to see if there is a thread discussing this.

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
Let your wife call IRCC to get her application number then use the new status tracker.
Thanks for the suggestion - Can you suggest which phone number is best to use (we're calling from inside Canada) and what information she would need for them to find her application numbers (name, D.O.B., SIN #? anything else?).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion - Can you suggest which phone number is best to use (we're calling from inside Canada) and what information she would need for them to find her application numbers (name, D.O.B., SIN #? anything else?).
1888-242-2100 . The automated system will ask for UCI. However, the call center agent will ask for a bunch of questions (UCI <again> OR application number, Full Name, Phone number, Address, DOB etc)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What's the timeline between Background check completed and invitation to Test ?
Some say it is about 90 days from BG checks were set to "Completed" but there is no basis for this. Day after tomorrow will be 90 days for me since the BG checks were set to "Completed". June 24th with be 90 days since the application was set to "Test Ready" status by Mississauga LVO (according to GCMS notes).

Ak0070

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hello Fam , I am new to this group . I applied in September 2020 for my citizenship nd never heard anything back from them , No AOR nothing .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Fam , I am new to this group . I applied in September 2020 for my citizenship nd never heard anything back from them , No AOR nothing .
Call IRCC and find out your application number.

Even though you have not received AOR, you should be able to check your status on ECAS using your UCI.

Last edited:

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hello everyone! Quick question: We (me and husband) are still waiting for the email with CT details after the status changed last Tuesday "Scheduled for citizenship test". Is it normal that the email takes this long to be received?

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone! Quick question: We (me and husband) are still waiting for the email with CT details after the status changed last Tuesday "Scheduled for citizenship test". Is it normal that the email takes this long to be received?
Hello! It should generally come before 3-4 days but I would suggest to give them a call if you still don't get it earlier

Reactions: MaryC

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hey guys, a quick question, if I haven't received AOR yet (but the status on IRCC website shows In Progress), does that mean my application will be processed later than those who received AOR? Thx!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys, a quick question, if I haven't received AOR yet (but the status on IRCC website shows In Progress), does that mean my application will be processed later than those who received AOR? Thx!
No, it doesn't mean that. IRCC apparently had issues in their system and many September and some October applicants were not sent AORs because of this system error. Call IRCC and get your file number for your reference.

Good luck!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
You AOR letter was never sent. Call IRCC to get your application number. There was a glitch in their system late 2020 :)