+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

girgir

Sep 16, 2020
I am Sep 2020 as well and it seems people have started getting their tests in some case and also i have seen a lot of posts where people are saying their BGC is complete.

At my end, all the sections are in progress. Are there a lot of people in my boat or most have got their BGC complete atleast?
Mine says BGC Completed, but all the other sections are In Progress. The last update was made on April 23.

usman_geo

May 1, 2014
Hi all,
I am a September applicant and was asked to do the finger prints. So I though lets check with IRCC, whether or not they have received the results. So I called them to confirm about finger prints and my next question was about when the file will be transferred to local visa office (in my case Alberta). They said, this year due to COVID, they are processing some applications from their head quarters and aren't forwarding all the cases to host provinces. And my application will be processed from head quarter. I don't know what exactly it means, but it was something new for me, so sharing it!!!

Reactions: girgir

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,
I am a September applicant and was asked to do the finger prints. So I though lets check with IRCC, whether or not they have received the results. So I called them to confirm about finger prints and my next question was about when the file will be transferred to local visa office (in my case Alberta). They said, this year due to COVID, they are processing some applications from their head quarters and aren't forwarding all the cases to host provinces. And my application will be processed from head quarter. I don't know what exactly it means, but it was something new for me, so sharing it!!!
Huh, that's interesting. Thanks for sharing this. So there are several applicants being processed directly from Sydney. That is news and I have not heard this before.

Dec 4, 2020
Yes, the IRCC representative said its a new project and the objective is to expedite the whole process!! so fingers crossed!!! Will keep you posted if I hear something in future!!1
I bet my last dollar if you called again they will tell you something else. lol. Please request your case notes under ATIP to verify if this is true as contact centre agents have little to no idea of what they talk about.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
For those who got a test invite, how long did it take after Background Verification is complete? And what is the difference between Background Verification and Prohibitions? They link to the same page when I click.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
For those who got a test invite, how long did it take after Background Verification is complete? And what is the difference between Background Verification and Prohibitions? They link to the same page when I click.
A better way to look at this is to check the time between when the "Citizenship test" is set to "In Progress" and the test invite. There seems to be no pattern between when the BG checks were set to "Complete" and the test invite.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I'm trying to register and check my application status on https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register.
However, it gives the following error:

"
403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.

"
This happens whenever I try to do it.
Is anyone facing the same issue or is it only me? :confused:
This happened to me when I accidentally had my VPN on and it was connected to a US server.

If you have a VPN that's connected to a US or another foreign server, try disconnecting it and try again.

If you are outside Canada, try connecting the VPN to a Canadian server and then try again.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi,

I just created an account on the new tracker and checked to find the background check is completed, but everything else (Prohibitions, language and physical presence) still in progress.