+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hello,
I can't find my name on the 2020 Citizenship applicants sheet anymore, can someone please add my info again? Thank you!

Type: Family (2)
PPD: 1290 days
App sent: Sep 19, 2020
App delivered: Sep 23, 2020
AOR: Jan 22, 2021
In Progress eCas: Feb 24, 2021

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Hello,
I can't find my name on the 2020 Citizenship applicants sheet anymore, can someone please add my info again? Thank you!

Type: Family (2)
PPD: 1290 days
App sent: Sep 19, 2020
App delivered: Sep 23, 2020
AOR: Jan 22, 2021
In Progress eCas: Feb 24, 2021
I see your record on the sheet Mary.

Reactions: MaryC
Sep 1, 2020
(Unpopular Opinion Alert)

Everyone is "excited" about the new site that shows prohibitions etc... yet what people don't understand is, the backlog is not moving at a very decent speed. It really is just a pr stunt to calm people down lol. Let's wait until December to see if we get our test invites.
They keep inviting 90k people for permanent residency, and we take the back seat. Gotta keep paying those taxes still and the citizenship fees they promised not to charge.

I'd like to see some numbers and facts, if you are going to respond to my comment.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016

Everyone is "excited" about the new site that shows prohibitions etc... yet what people don't understand is, the backlog is not moving at a very decent speed. It really is just a pr stunt to calm people down lol. Let's wait until December to see if we get our test invites.
They keep inviting 90k people for permanent residency, and we take the back seat. Gotta keep paying those taxes still and the citizenship fees they promised not to charge.

I'd like to see some numbers and facts, if you are going to respond to my comment.
100% in agreement with this. As a matter of fact, I blame it to Trudeau. The lack of transparency of his Government is chronic, and shows in every aspect of his administration, and IRCC is the obvious for its lack strategic planning!! I wish to become a Citizen to vote him out in the next election.

The new tracker is just a way to keep us quiet and redirect us to this useless website for nothing! They still haven’t said how they’re going to tackle the backlog and speed up the CIT process. Now, greater than 65% of applications are 12 months or older.. yet IRCC maintains that the processing time is still 12 months! What a joke!

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine and my wife's BG check is "completed", but somehow our minor son's BG check is still "In Progress". I assume all his parameters shall be marked "completed" in one go at the end of the process. Because, many of them don't apply to him. Right?
I noticed that with my kids too. Apparently, it's the usual then.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

The situation looks grim, for sure. The new tracker shows a little more information than the ECAS ever did and it is nice. But that does not mean all of us changed our minds and now think IRCC is doing a great job. If you think that the majority of the people can be just wooed or swayed by a flashy new dashboard, well, think again. People can see the data and understand the grim situations themselves.

There are stats and discussions in the IRCC corporate records that was requested via ATIP. Some offices are working more efficiently than others. This is a massive document, we are working towards summarizing the content of the document.

I glanced through that document and I saw some very disturbing stats. Some busy offices like Mississauga have more than 10,000 applications ready to be tested but only issued around 300 test invites at the end of Jan.

The number of pending applications towards the end of December 2020 was far greater than the advertised 85,000.

Below are some of the sentiments expressed by people on this forum :

Prash42's comment
MrChazz's comment
Prash42's second comment

If you go through the posts in the relevant threads, you'll see more negative attitudes towards IRCC (and rightly so because of their lack of transparency) will surface. A large number of people believe that IRCC is not doing "everything it can" to fix the hot mess we are in.

Having said that... You should consider the following :

1. The timeframe between application submission and AOR has decreased and gone back to pre-Covid timelines.
2. The time between AOR and IP has also significantly decreased and is at Pre-Covid levels now
3. Though the time between IP and Test invites are NOT great by any means, they have improved from before. Until February this year, hardly any 2020 applicant received a test invite. However, since March 2021 - the number of invites have grown by a bit and now applicants as far as September 2020 have been receiving test invites.
4. One thing to note here is that the test invites are issued by local visa offices, not CPC Sydney. The local office will issue invites based on the staffing they currently have. Montreal and Vancouver seem to be doing a good job sending requests sooner while some offices in the GTA are lagging behind. This is the point where the concerns start.
5. As long as your application is routine (no FP, no additional document requests and no interview), you might expect processing times that are a tad bit better (12 - 18 months total processing time from date of submission). Even before Covid, a sizable number of applicants were being processed in the 12 - 18 month timeframe).
6. Their aim was to issue at least 2000 test invites a week in Jan and the corporate records show that last 3 weeks of Jan, they issued more than 2000 invites consistently every week. Not sure how the data looks for months after Jan 2021.
7. The time between test and oath is very much concerning. I will wait for more updates on the spreadsheet to see what the timelines look like.

I agree that "more should be done to speed up the process" but this depends on the local offices acting swiftly as well. I "hope" to see the volume of test invites increased significantly sometime in the near future.

Hopefully, a sizable number of September 2020 applicants will attend their oath ceremonies in December this year.

PS : When IRCC doesn't do much, we complain. When it develops something new in response to our complains, we call it a PR stunt. This attitude is ridiculous. Of course, it is your right to have an opinion and I respect that but don't necessarily agree. Any movement on the positive side or towards betterment should be welcomed rather than condemned IMO.

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I was on the New Application Status site and happened to click on the Find out what your status means link. Not much could be done on the page I was directed to, as there is no option for Citizenship Grant in the dropdown.

However, there was a message on the page inviting applicants to "Help us improve our service!". The question asked is "Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?"

If you choose yes, it ask a whole series of Yes/No questions (see below). Answering yes leads to the message below.

Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?
Yes
Great! Please answer a few questions to see if you meet the criteria for testing.

Have you applied to become a Canadian citizen?
Yes

Are you still waiting for a decision on your application?
Yes

Do you have access to a computer or a laptop?
Yes

Can you make a video call with the computer or laptop?
Yes

It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – CT’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.

I have sent them an email. I think it's wort 30-60 minutes of my time if it means IRCC improves their service and my application speeds up.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram
Dec 4, 2020
Hi. If any info is missing like work exp then also this webform will work ??
The webform goes to a contact centre agent who adds all the incoming communication to your case file. I don't think that's something they can update but once your communication is recorded your case officer should see it and contact you if necessary.
This is my understanding based on contacting them and seeing my GCMS notes through ATIP.

Dec 4, 2020
100% in agreement with this. As a matter of fact, I blame it to Trudeau. The lack of transparency of his Government is chronic, and shows in every aspect of his administration, and IRCC is the obvious for its lack strategic planning!! I wish to become a Citizen to vote him out in the next election.

The new tracker is just a way to keep us quiet and redirect us to this useless website for nothing! They still haven’t said how they’re going to tackle the backlog and speed up the CIT process. Now, greater than 65% of applications are 12 months or older.. yet IRCC maintains that the processing time is still 12 months! What a joke!
Lol. Doesn't really matter who's in the office, immigration specifically citizenship has always been a low priority issue for govts. Their responsibility begins and ends at achieving quotas for how many workers they have landed in a year. They don't really care what happens past that.

Dec 4, 2020
Btw, I sent an email to the PM office which forwarded my email to Immigration minister's office with a generic note.
This was a while ago and no one ever replied back just as expected. Lol

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was on the New Application Status site and happened to click on the Find out what your status means link. Not much could be done on the page I was directed to, as there is no option for Citizenship Grant in the dropdown.

However, there was a message on the page inviting applicants to "Help us improve our service!". The question asked is "Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?"

If you choose yes, it ask a whole series of Yes/No questions (see below). Answering yes leads to the message below.

Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?
Yes
Great! Please answer a few questions to see if you meet the criteria for testing.

Have you applied to become a Canadian citizen?
Yes

Are you still waiting for a decision on your application?
Yes

Do you have access to a computer or a laptop?
Yes

Can you make a video call with the computer or laptop?
Yes

It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – CT’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.

I have sent them an email. I think it's wort 30-60 minutes of my time if it means IRCC improves their service and my application speeds up.
I signed up too. Let's see what they are testing. Not sure what CT is (Citizenship Test??) but whatever it is, I am interested.

This must be something that they've developed and looking for a public beta. It should be an end-user application because they want the public to test this.

I encourage others who have the time and access to a computer with a webcam to sign up for this. Who knows, it might help us.

Reactions: Hot2Cold