+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
I messaged IRCC bc my address was our old BC address. We're now in Ontario. I asked them to check that my mailing address was up to date, then I also called them because I didn't get a response for more than 10 biz days. Long story short, app received on SEP 28, still the same status, I was hoping they had picked it up and started to process it.

Alas, only 2 people who's app was received after mine are AOR, so I am not concerned. What is crazy is that apps received in:

OCT are already at 70%
NOV are already at 72%
DEC are already at 9%

knathu

Sep 11, 2020
Status on Ecas changed to in process.
So now I have
1. Received app on Sep 11
2. In process on Feb 11
When does one start preparing for the test and I had ordered a study guide from ircc almost a year ago and I did read something over here about study guide changing/changed.
Please advise.

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
is there an estimate for how long the AoR letter takes to arrive in the mail?

mine was supposedly sent out mid December

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should call ircc. Chances are your AOR was generated months ago. Same with me. Only Application Received on ecas, but agent told me aor was generated in December, and I confirmed it with gcms
Yes I called IRCC and they said Application is received and fine. They gave me the application number and told me there was a glitch in sending AOR. Only my son got his AOR on 9th February in ECAS though it said 21st December in ECAS. Thanks :)

seregatema

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Hi there! I’m new on this thread.
Physical presence: 1183
Application received: Sep 24
Alberta

Still no AOR. Called them up a couple of weeks ago and the agent was able to give me the application file number, and said that no additional information needed at the moment. He also said I’ll get my AOR in a few days, but it’s been like over 2 weeks. And yes I made sure my primary way of communication was e-mail. ‍
I’m not worried but I see people’s application changing to in proses even those who applied later

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Alberta

Still no AOR. Called them up a couple of weeks ago and the agent was able to give me the application file number, and said that no additional information needed at the moment. He also said I’ll get my AOR in a few days, but it’s been like over 2 weeks. And yes I made sure my primary way of communication was e-mail. ‍
I’m not worried but I see people’s application changing to in proses even those who applied later
Added you to the tracker.

Reactions: seregatema

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I messaged IRCC bc my address was our old BC address. We're now in Ontario. I asked them to check that my mailing address was up to date, then I also called them because I didn't get a response for more than 10 biz days. Long story short, app received on SEP 28, still the same status, I was hoping they had picked it up and started to process it.

Alas, only 2 people who's app was received after mine are AOR, so I am not concerned. What is crazy is that apps received in:

OCT are already at 70%
NOV are already at 72%
DEC are already at 9%
AORs have been a bit weird in this period. My son and I received ours, but my spouse did not, and we all applied in the same package. Now we are all in Process. If you note, our application received date is the same as yours, so you should be good.

I strongly advise you and everyone that hasn't received an AOR to call IRCC, and also to put in a request for an update using the Web form (see contact details in my signature).

If you can see your CAS status, you are most likely fine and In Process by now.

Good luck to everyone and now sit back for a few months and let IRCC do its job. Looking forward to the test invite in a few months...

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
When does one start preparing for the test and I had ordered a study guide from ircc almost a year ago and I did read something over here about study guide changing/changed.
Please advise.
It still will be at least a few months till the test invite. In the meantime, follow the guidelines below (sent in an email by IRCC). You can also look at some of the links to Public Library guides that are posted all over this forum for sample tests and more information.

Citizenship test - Study Guide

The only official study guide for the citizenship test is Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship, available from IRCC at no cost.

During that test, you will have to answer questions evaluating your ability to communicate in English or French and your knowledge and understanding of Canada.

Please visit our website to obtain:

Reactions: knathu

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Alberta

Same here. Only 1 line in ECAS. No AOR email yet. Called IRCC couple of days ago. The lady couldn't tell when AOR will be sent. But she said my application is good and won't be returned. That's a peace of mind.

Reactions: seregatema

DebSaha

Jun 7, 2018
Hey folks...my status on ecas has changed to in process. Timeline below

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1100
App Sent: Sept 5th 2020
App Delivered: Sept 11th 2020
App Received: Sept 14th 2020
AOR: Feb 5th 2021
IP: Feb 12th 2021

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013
Alberta

On the same boat here, Application received: 22nd Sep 2020, Type of Application: Single, Location: Quebec.