+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Kaurbal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
I got 1st and 2nd line together, within 24 hours of receiving AOR email. I am able to see information on ecas now, till yesterday there was nothing and today there appeared both.

Reactions: jerry777
Sep 1, 2020
I called ircc and they told me that the 2nd line on AOR is just to let people know their application is in process, and to give them their application number. She confirmed that AOR is not necessary to be received and it doesn't necessarily mean anything else in particular.

She also told me that my local office is on my application, but she said that she didn't see any dates when the local office was assigned. Does anyone know if the local office is assigned as soon as they receive the package or few weeks/months after they receive it?

She also mentioned that once things get going, it will be sent off to the local office.

mmaghawry

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I called ircc and they told me that the 2nd line on AOR is just to let people know their application is in process, and to give them their application number. She confirmed that AOR is not necessary to be received and it doesn't necessarily mean anything else in particular.

She also told me that my local office is on my application, but she said that she didn't see any dates when the local office was assigned. Does anyone know if the local office is assigned as soon as they receive the package or few weeks/months after they receive it?

She also mentioned that once things get going, it will be sent off to the local office.
According to the tracking sheet, the status could be changed to be "In Process" in two months from the AOR date, so be patient and I believe all of us will be Canadians soon.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
I called CIC in the morning and I got my application number 'CXXXXXXXXX'. I must say that their call agents work in different ways. Last week when I got my "Application received" status on ECAS, I called CIC but the agent on the line did not ask for UCI number let alone giving me my application number. Today, a good person gave me the application number without any fuss.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Finally, saw the first line today on ECAS as follows - 'We received your application for Canadian Citizenship (grant of Citizenship) on xxx' .
Then, I called the Immigration number provided on this forum - on first try, I got disconnected as all Agents were busy, but tried again after half an hour and got through (though it was 39min wait). I left my number to get a call back which I received and after confirming few details, the Agent provided the Application number starting with 'C00xxxxx'. She also said that the AOR will be sent shortly, however, what this only means is that the documents that I had submitted have been received. Now, they will start processing it - like background verification, etc. Lastly, she also emailed the Study Guide.

Nokib

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Other
Still waiting for AOR. Application was received on 04 September. Single applicant. Worrying about they will return my application. I saw end of September application received their AOR... Is their any way to get any update...

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
Still waiting for AOR. Application was received on 04 September. Single applicant. Worrying about they will return my application. I saw end of September application received their AOR... Is their any way to get any update...
Yes I’ve read on the forum about people who have not received any acknowledgment ever since they have sent their application have got satisfactory reply on the phone call. Definitely call them to find out and share your concern because this question can only be answered by them. Some people have received their application number over the phone call as well.

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi all!!
Got my Line 2 toay!

"
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 18, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 16, 2020."

mmaghawry

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi all!!
Got my Line 2 toay!

"
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 18, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 16, 2020."
did you receive mail or email?