+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
While I agree with you in principle, the real solution is to not have a paper-based form for this in the first place. It’s ridiculously archaic to do things this way in an age where multi-million dollar contracts and quotes are processed with digital forms, PDFs and Docusigned.

What is this, the nineties? :p
Yeah I agree but you and I know that IRCC will not change the citizenship process to an online one overnight. It takes time and in the meantime, I hate to see applicants watch their applications being sent back for no fault of their own. As an interim fix, IRCC must attempt to fix all the issues in that form while they start working on making this process completely online.

sai krishna

Apr 22, 2014
AOR has been received. Timeline below:

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1381 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Received: September 03, 2020
AOR: November 30, 2020
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

Congrats Gowni that was fast.

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
AOR has been received. Timeline below:

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1381 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Received: September 03, 2020
AOR: November 30, 2020
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date
quick question
is it the same email which says
"You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date "? is the application number same as your PR or different?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Congrats! My application was received on the 4th, hoping to hear something this week

Reactions: wskamel

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I got a bit anxious so I decided to go through my application to see if it's all good

Noticed that I forgot to check Yes for question 9 , section a (i didnt check neither yes or no)

"a) Are you eligible based on the Physical Presence Calculator to apply for a grant of citizenship? Yes No
If you checked NO, you should wait until you meet the physical presence requirement before completing this application"

I did checked that I provided a copy of the online physical calculator and I entered all the info for the eligibility period properly, just forgot to check yes on the first section

I am hoping this wont be an issue since it's not one of the "have you committed a crime" questions and since I did say that I provided the physical presence calculator.

I dont know, I guess it will depend on how strict the agent opening the application will be.

I haven't received anything back so I guess that might be a good sign.

What do you guys think?

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hi Guys,
Quick question, I received an email from cic-“ You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date "? Is this an AOR? It has am application number but I am unable to link my application using the number. What should I do?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi Guys,
Quick question, I received an email from cic-“ You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date "? Is this an AOR? It has am application number but I am unable to link my application using the number. What should I do?
I got the same email. The application number is from PR application. I am wondering what is this about. Maybe they started entering our information in the system and that generated a system email with previous application we have had for PR.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I got the same email. The application number is from PR application. I am wondering what is this about. Maybe they started entering our information in the system and that generated a system email with previous application we have had for PR.
Yes, that is right. I got confused on why are they digging up my old application.

Last edited: