+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
The processing time now dropped to 25 months, next week it will 25 months for me since they received my application :)
Hi. Are you also a Montreal based applicant? For me it will be 25 months processing by 23 October. I called CIC a month ago and was told once my processing time exceeds average processing time, I can call them again and they will be able to flag my application. I don’t have much hope that that will change anything but one last thing I can try after having my MP contact CIC three times already.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hi. Are you also a Montreal based applicant? For me it will be 25 months processing by 23 October. I called CIC a month ago and was told once my processing time exceeds average processing time, I can call them again and they will be able to flag my application. I don’t have much hope that that will change anything but one last thing I can try after having my MP contact CIC three times already.
Yes I am :) I will be next week, I was planning to call.
I heard that sometimes it worked and they process it. let's hope

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Which phone number did you use?

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I just called the IRCC, and they told me since they asked for your fingerprints it means your application is non routine and the 25 months processing time doesn't apply to it. Which i think it is just bullshit.

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi Everyone,

My status recently changed and I finally have an oath ceremony date. I have the following msg showing online:

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 27, 2022.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
But I haven't received any email nor any post. I'm not sure what I should be expecting and I haven't been able to find much online yet but will continue to look. If anyone has any insight, please do share.

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My status recently changed and I finally have an oath ceremony date. I have the following msg showing online:

But I haven't received any email nor any post. I'm not sure what I should be expecting and I haven't been able to find much online yet but will continue to look. If anyone has any insight, please do share.

Thanks
You will receive email with details about the oath ceremony near to your oath ceremony date

Reactions: ssparkles

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Hi congratulations!
I’m an august 2020 applicant mississauga . Waiting for oath date. I got a ghost update on Friday but not sure what that means. Did you also get a ghost update prior to this message and if so how long from that did you receive this message

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi congratulations!
I’m an august 2020 applicant mississauga . Waiting for oath date. I got a ghost update on Friday but not sure what that means. Did you also get a ghost update prior to this message and if so how long from that did you receive this message
Hi, I did get a few ghost updates.

Dec 2021 - Background check status changed to "Completed"
April 2021 - Didn't hear anything/no movement so contacted local MP. Local MP did an inquiry and said my background check although completed shows that fingerprints expired. Immigration may or may not ask for it again. If I wanted I could send it before they asked, but there was a chance immigration wouldn't ask for it. - I SHOULD have sent it! pfff
Aug 2021 - Background check reverted to "In progress" this is when they asked for fingerprints! (if I had sent it in April I may have saved 3-4 months of processing time)
Sep 9 - a quiet update that background check was complete
Sept 24 - Oath ceremony date

Hope this helps!

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hi congratulations!
I got one too last Friday, I think it was for everyone since they updated the tracker.

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I applied for Urgent Processing over Web Form. Does anybody have any experience with Urgent Processing procedure?
Justification on my application for urgent processing:

Basically, I argued that my government does not process a passport (due to persecution of academics in TR) for me, my wife and my 2 minor kids, and because of professional reasons, I (as a professor) need to travel in order to participate in international conferences and other forms of academic collaboration. I provided 2 supporting documents: 1) An award given to persecuted academics (Scholar Rescue Fund) & 2) my testimony as an expert at House of Commons on HR violations in TR where I talk about the persecution I faced.
It is quite well documented (and probably well known by Canadian GOV) that TR systematically refuses to issue new passports to dissident academics abroad and in TR, so I hope this could be accepted a legitimate reason for urgent processing.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I applied for Urgent Processing over Web Form. Does anybody have any experience with Urgent Processing procedure?
Justification on my application for urgent processing:

Basically, I argued that my government does not process a passport (due to persecution of academics in TR) for me, my wife and my 2 minor kids, and because of professional reasons, I (as a professor) need to travel in order to participate in international conferences and other forms of academic collaboration. I provided 2 supporting documents: 1) An award given to persecuted academics (Scholar Rescue Fund) & 2) my testimony as an expert at House of Commons on HR violations in TR where I talk about the persecution I faced.
It is quite well documented (and probably well known by Canadian GOV) that TR systematically refuses to issue new passports to dissident academics abroad and in TR, so I hope this could be accepted a legitimate reason for urgent processing.
I don't have experience with urgent processing, but that sounds like a good reason at least to request expedited treatment, especially given that you are coming up on if not exceeded the current expected processing time of 25 months. For the Urgent Processing of recent applications, usually a stronger reason, such as being at imminent risk of losing your job due to inability to travel, is needed. But do keep us posted of any updates on your request.

Reactions: visitingprof

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I sent our application package for PR-card renewal today. Our PR cards will expire in January 2023. We applied for citizenship in September 2020. Since September 7th, 2021, when our Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed", there hasn't been any improvement in our citizenship process. No invitation for the exam so far! We are frustrated!

Hello everybody,

Our PR card renewal application (from September 12th) has been approved today. See the message below.
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Last edited: