+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram quick question. Read your oath experience. Do we have to send them oath form signed after the oath ceremony? From where we can download the oath form? Also can we pick up the certificate under urgent upcoming travel situations? TIA
That form will be attached in your email invitation for the oath ceremony. If you are taking the oath online, you can respond to the oath invitation email and attach the completed and signed oath form.

'Urgent' requests can vary from office to office. You'll have to convince the clerk that your request is actually urgent.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
That form will be attached in your email invitation for the oath ceremony. If you are taking the oath online, you can respond to the oath invitation email and attach the completed and signed oath form.

'Urgent' requests can vary from office to office. You'll have to convince the clerk that your request is actually urgent.
Thanks so much.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Dayanpillai

Jul 15, 2021
Could someone please update tracker?

June 13th: Interview from outside canada
June 14th: Prohibitions, Language and Physical Presence activity status all updated to completed.
June 14th: Scheduled for oath on July 4th

No email for oath yet.
Hei congratulations.
I have passed my citizenship test and they have booked me for an interview online it’s little weird I didn’t see any being called for an interview in this forum can you please share your experience.
It will be so helpful thank you

argintorica

Jun 4, 2021
UPDATE :
citizenship test : Feb 12, 2022
passport copy request: Apr 20, 2022
citizenship interview: July 4, 2022
Oath Ceremony via zoom: July 5, 2022

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
UPDATE!
I flew back to Canada and took my oath today. During my interview I said I could not come back but once they emailed me with such a sooner date for my oath, I decided to come back. I emailed the local office that was processing my application and explained I have a short window of time to fly back to resume my work as they only gave me 2 weeks. They said they could put in a request to get me my certificate sooner by me physically going to the office and collecting it 2 days after my oath. Once I do this, I will apply urgently for a passport and keep you all posted but I am at the final stretch of this long journey and wish you all a fast processing as well!

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hei congratulations.
I have passed my citizenship test and they have booked me for an interview online it’s little weird I didn’t see any being called for an interview in this forum can you please share your experience.
It will be so helpful thank you
All good and easy! They will just ask you questions about your eligibility. Don’t worry, be yourself and be calm!

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
UPDATE!
I flew back to Canada and took my oath today. During my interview I said I could not come back but once they emailed me with such a sooner date for my oath, I decided to come back. I emailed the local office that was processing my application and explained I have a short window of time to fly back to resume my work as they only gave me 2 weeks. They said they could put in a request to get me my certificate sooner by me physically going to the office and collecting it 2 days after my oath. Once I do this, I will apply urgently for a passport and keep you all posted but I am at the final stretch of this long journey and wish you all a fast processing as well!
Wow congrats !

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.
Hi Raj,

Can you surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI at the same time? I see you did that on your timeline. On checklist it says to provide surrender certificate.

Thanks

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
A quick question, can I leave Canada immediately after the oath ceremony and have CIC mail the certificate to my immigration lawyer in Toronto? I have something really urgent back in my country and must come back at the latest the third day after the ceremony.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
A quick question, can I leave Canada immediately after the oath ceremony and have CIC mail the certificate to my immigration lawyer in Toronto? I have something really urgent back in my country and must come back at the latest the third day after the ceremony.
When is your oath ? You can ask for urgent certificate

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
@rajkamalmohanram , I did my Canadian citizenship test in December 2021 for which I passed and my tracker was also updated along with background. I was asked to do an online interview which I did yesterday. The agent asked for verifications of ID and had questions regarding my PR as I came on it through spousal category. At the end of the interview, he said he will contact me if he requires any documents. Today I had a ghost update. Nothing else was updated in the tracker. What do you think the ghost update is? Your advice would really help!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,

Can you surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI at the same time? I see you did that on your timeline. On checklist it says to provide surrender certificate.

Thanks
We used to be able to do that. However, from recent reports, looks like that's no longer possible. You have to apply for surrender certificate -> Wait until you receive it -> Then apply for OCI.

I would strongly recommend that you refer to the OCI thread for the latest updates.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram , I did my Canadian citizenship test in December 2021 for which I passed and my tracker was also updated along with background. I was asked to do an online interview which I did yesterday. The agent asked for verifications of ID and had questions regarding my PR as I came on it through spousal category. At the end of the interview, he said he will contact me if he requires any documents. Today I had a ghost update. Nothing else was updated in the tracker. What do you think the ghost update is? Your advice would really help!
Well, the ghost updates are not that significant except it indicates that something might have been updated in your file.

As long as you satisfied the officer with proper documentation and responses, you should be good to go!