+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
You may have read my post inattentively.

I had Decision Made (all sections of my file, except for oath ceremony, were set to completed) from Sept 2021 until today. So, today I got an update to my file.

The update is the prohibitions status changed from completed back to in progress.

I hope it's clear now.
"I just got an update in my file"
learn how to use English
good luck

Progressive

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
"I just got an update in my file"
learn how to use English
good luck
Dude, you're hopeless, seriously. Learning how to read and comprehend sentences in English would really up your cognitive skills because I had to break down my initial post to you and you still don't seem to get it.

Have a good day!

rrp702

Mar 9, 2016
Some movement on my application

Processing office: Vancouver, BC

Timeline:
Application sent: Sept 2020

AOR: Jan 2021

Fingerprints requested: July 2021

Background verification complete: Aug 2021

Citizenship test invite: early Dec 2021, completed late Dec 2021 (took couple of days for it to be set to completion)

Passport pages/travel docs requested: early March 2022. I asked them if they need stamps translated as well, but never got a response. I mailed in without translating the stamps

Remaining stages completed: April 5, 2022 (yesterday)

Oath pending

The old portal says "Decision made", not sure if that's reliable
Scheduled for oath on April 19th

Reactions: Impresso

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hey everyone,

I just got an update in my file. I had all sections completed except for oath ceremony, and today prohibitions status changed from completed to in progress. I was just wondering if any of you have had a similar change to your file and what I should expect from such a change.

The closest to my experience I have seen among other applicants in the same boat is the background verification status changing back to in progress but never seen prohibitions status reverting to the previous status.
Interesting - not sure what kind of systems they are using in the backend but generally some threads have reported seeing BG Verification going back to in progress after it was already completed. I wouldn't worry to much about it, especially since your prohibitions was initially completed.

My wild guess is that, when they do update a certain section of the file, their might be some pre-req for other sections to be set to either completed or in progress. But generally, as per some threads, once this happens - they do send out some sort of update, like an invite or oath or anything else.

At least you know someone is poking at your file. Good Luck

Reactions: Progressive

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the strangest thing has happened. I received email from my Visa office to appear for citizenship oath on 19th April but when I went to my application portal, the language, prohibitions and physical presence is still in progress.

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
hello every one i apply nexus on January 11 and i see on portal it still shows pending review. Do you have any idea how much time it will take for approval.
Thank You

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
One of the strangest thing has happened. I received email from my Visa office to appear for citizenship oath on 19th April but when I went to my application portal, the language, prohibitions and physical presence is still in progress.
The online tracker can be delayed sometimes. Give it a few days and check back.

Reactions: syedahraza

parambirs

Oct 22, 2021
Congratulations. What is your timeline ?
Processing office: Vancouver, BC
Application sent: Sept 2020
AOR: Feb 2021
Fingerprints requested: July 2021
Background verification complete: Aug 2021
Citizenship test invite: 6 Dec 2021, showed completed on 22 Dec 2021
Remaining stages completed: April 5, 2022
Citizenship ceremony started: April 7, 2022
Oath ceremony scheduled on: April 21, 2022

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I got an email to appear for interview on 19 April. I do not see that it says one has to be in Canada. I assume it can be done from abroad, for which I am right now.

I also states that I have to have all original passport but I mailed mine to the passport office for renewal and the passport office lost my passport subsequently. I neither have my old passport nor a new one. What should I do? If I inform them, would they reschedule my interview? (I have the photocopy of the whole passport, though.)

Thanks.
Hey did you do your interview from outside Canada ?