+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

entrytocda

Jul 19, 2016
Hi all, I am an August 2020 applicant. Missisauga location. My citizenship test was done back in December 2021 and they requested copies of passport copies on March 22nd. I sent them the copies, however realized after that one of my stamps on the passport was for Mexico and the only thing that is in spanish is the month written on the stamp. Will they come back and ask me for an affadavit and translation for this specific stamp? Everything else on my passport is in english. Please advise guys.

@rajkamalmohanram, please advise!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all, I am an August 2020 applicant. Missisauga location. My citizenship test was done back in December 2021 and they requested copies of passport copies on March 22nd. I sent them the copies, however realized after that one of my stamps on the passport was for Mexico and the only thing that is in spanish is the month written on the stamp. Will they come back and ask me for an affadavit and translation for this specific stamp? Everything else on my passport is in english. Please advise guys.

There is a non-zero chance of that happening (although at this point, I think it might be unlikely).

If I were you, I would open a webform, explain that I've already submitted the passport pages but I missed to submit translation for one stamp and attach it along with the webform request. This is in anticipation of further, rather unnecessary delay, in case they decide they want to get back to you and ask for the translation of that stamp.

That is my opinion but personal preferences vary. I'd let others provide their opinions as well.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hello All,
Taken my Oath on 18th Mar and the status got updated today on 22nd March. Please update the tracker

I had a quick question.- we dont get an acknowledgement email from them if they received the oath signed doc. Wanted to know if the online tracker is marked as closed, does it mean they have received the signed document and my certificate should be on my way?
yes.
you would receive the certificate 1-2 weeks

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi,

Please can someone help with this. My profile got updated yesterday for the test invite but I haven’t gotten any email. How long does it take to get the email invite? I never got the AOR from CIC either. Not sure if it takes a few days to get the invite via email or if it is right away after the online profile is updated. If so, is there a way to contact CIC to resend the invite?
Thank you so much in advance.
you will receive an e-mail 2-3 days before the windows test

lossada

Sep 5, 2017

don't worry,,, most of the translations are requered if written in arab, hindi, greek, rusian,,, so, spanish is latin letters like english, french, german,,,

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi guys,

Finally oath date is in, timeline bellow, will let you guys know how the ceremony went. From Québec city

Mar 22, 2022

• Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 29, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
  • Mar 11, 2022

• Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress
  • Feb 11, 2022

• Prohibitions activity status updated

Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed
  • Feb 11, 2022

• Language skills activity status updated

Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Feb 11, 2022

• Physical presence activity status updated

Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 20, 2021

• Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 2, 2021

• Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 2, 2021 and July 22, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 22, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Apr 9, 2021

• Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Dec 3, 2020

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

• Love
Reactions: lossada

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys,

Finally oath date is in, timeline bellow, will let you guys know how the ceremony went. From Québec city

Mar 22, 2022

• Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 29, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
  • Mar 11, 2022

• Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress
  • Feb 11, 2022

• Prohibitions activity status updated

Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed
  • Feb 11, 2022

• Language skills activity status updated

Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Feb 11, 2022

• Physical presence activity status updated

Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 20, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 2, 2021

• Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 2, 2021 and July 22, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 22, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Apr 9, 2021

• Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Dec 3, 2020

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
one week before, you will receive the e-mail invite... Félicitations

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hi yesterday my status changed and all conditions now shown as completed except citizenship ceremony, I dont know what it means or when they will update it. Its been like coming to two years processing now. And how long it will took

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Saw DM on tracker just now.

1 year, 6 months, 11 days since delivered.
1 year, 3 months, 22 days since AOR.

I wish everyone still waiting best of luck, and I hope your magical moment comes sooner than you think.

Timeline:
Originally mailed to Sydney NS, later transferred to Vancouver office.

Mar 24, 2022 Physical presence completed
Mar 24, 2022 Prohibitions completed
Mar 24, 2022 Language skills completed
Mar 07, 2022 Ghost update
Mar 05, 2022 Passport scan request
Nov 22, 2021 Citizenship test completed
Nov 19, 2021 Scheduled to take citizenship test
Nov 15, 2021 Citizenship test In progress
Mar 9, 2021 Background verification completed
Dec 3, 2020 Application received and processing began

Also FYI, for the passport request, I had some dual language stamps that contained both English and non-English text.
I ended up sending my passport as it is without any translation, but I did disclose in the email that I was aware of those stamps and that I wasn't sure if they needed to be translated.

• Love
Reactions: lossada